Sneaker Registration???????

So I've been on here scoping the LC's for awhile and I've noticed that fakes now are just about on the nose. I got to thinking what if Nike established a web feature where they registered their shoes before they hit the stores and buyers could look up to see if their shoes are fake or not? I got to thinking this could be a really effective way to stop the scams that go on the resale market, but I then I thought "well Nike probably wouldn't do anything that help resellers and not to mention the cost." This whole thing is just a big hypothetical question but I'd really like to see what others thought of a system like this. Any thoughts?

That is a good idea, but I'm not exactly sure how it would work. The fakers could just duplicate the numbers on the boxes/shoes.

I'm pretty sure that the way of wades have a similar system.dont have a pair so I'm not sure..

Yeah, that is a good point. I was thinking like adding the number on the size tag of the shoe as well as the box and when you view it online it shows the size and colorway but you're right they could just copy a number off of a box. I do feel like it would cut down on the number of people being scammed but taking into account your point maybe not enough to be effective. I think if stores like footlocker, footaction, etc. asks customers if they'd like to register their shoes after checkout for like X amount of dollars that would be effective too. I figured if it could show like the name of the purchaser and the shoe info on their sites if the customer chose to that could help but still that just seems like alot to ask from a sneaker store (although they'd make money) and I'm sure there is some kinda loophole that fakers can use I'm not thinking of right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom