Sneaker Scene in Seoul, South Korea?

Hey all,

looking at going to seoul in May. What's the sneaker scene like there? I know lots of my korean friends are into sneakers, are there a lot of stores there? Any recommendations on stores I should def check out?

PS - are there footlockers there?

No footlocker here but in Seoul they have this ABC store that sells various sneakers as well as Nike and Adidas stores which is everywhere in South Korea.

No footlocker here but in Seoul they have this ABC store that sells various sneakers as well as Nike and Adidas stores which is everywhere in South Korea.
Thanks, is stuff generally more expensive compared to NA or around the same price? And are the people there interested in the same stuff, or can i find GR jordans (72-10's, maroon 6's...that elk) fairly easily?

You'll find those type of Jordan's at your mom n pops store which are all around Korea as well. They'll charge resell prices for them though.

Hey all,

looking at going to seoul in May. What's the sneaker scene like there? I know lots of my korean friends are into sneakers, are there a lot of stores there? Any recommendations on stores I should def check out?

PS - are there footlockers there?

I've been to a Foot Locker in Myeongdong. There are a lot of sneaker shops in Myeongdong and Gangnam.

thanks man, any names of shops in MD and gangnam? or what should i google lol.

Aside from Footlocker, check out Folder, and ABC Mart stores. The Nike Store in Gangnam is huge so it's a good place to start your sneaker hunt. If you're into New Balance Classics and Adidas Originals, they have individual stores that have plenty of models in various colorways. You can also visit Doota Mall in Dongdaemun. You'll find various sneaker brands in there.

Back
Top Bottom