Sneakerheads in College

rewards come with hard work. I am in college but i am fortunate to be local enough to stay with the parents, so i still have that extra money to buy kicks. butif you work hard in enough in college the way i see it is you will be able to afford any heat even if you have to pay a couple bills extra on ebay for pastreleases

I'm playin basketball at TAMU Kingsville this year... blessed w/ a scholarship (not braggin, just thankful)...

and its STILL tough to cop kicks... cant go to work cuz the closest Footaction is 45 min away in corpus christi... so i'm basically wingin it on FAFSA tillthen...

i feel ya pain, familia... its gonna be that nice time when you get on done w/ college, fresh on the job scene, and you gonna have some cake.. then other stuffis gonna kick in like house note or apt rent, insurance for EVERYTHING, cell phone bills, girlfriend bills, food bills... it goes on forever... smh...

Originally Posted by jreese44

This is the perfect forum for me. I am currently a 19 year old player basketball at a university in St. Louis so I don't even have time during the week to have a job to earn any cash for J's that are coming out. I'm currently looking for a job that I'd be able to work at on the weekends to be able to at least earn some type of money. I need to get some before the holidays arrive for the XII's and space jam XI's! Unlike some I am at least in a city where they do get the qucikstrikes and limited sneakers especially at a top 50 rated sneaker store called R-Sole. Back home in Columbia, Missouri, which is like 1 hour and 45 mins from STL, surprisingly we get the retor that come out as well in our Finishline. We didn't used to tho 3 years ago when we didn't have the Finishline.... other than that online is where it's at because since I shop online quite often for shoes when I have cash Iam willing to pay some extra for something I really wan
i finna head into my junior year of hoopin, and i kept a job all three years... what you should do is find a local shoe spot, and try to get a jobfor saturdays and sundays... let them know you cant work from october to march cuz you hoop, and if you good at yo job, they'll let you stick around. ibeen at footaction for a while, hooped d-1, transferred to juco, and now i'm at a d-2... so i been on 3 diff levels and its all the same... you NOT gonnahave alot of time before the season, but after and durin the summer, get a chill job where you can get money and take advantage of a discount...

its helps people get to know you to, cuz when they cop kicks, they're gonna say "hey... dont you play for Saint Louis?" ... then they gonna wannabuy everything from you just cuz they have seen you on the court...

im 24 yrs old im a college graduate and i had to wait til my refund check came in to cop jays or id have a summer job and save it for the jays that came out.It was tough

Word of advice, save your money and buy your books. By the time you grow up, sneakers are not that important anymore. Right now i'm trying to get rid of mycollection and pay my bills.... -_-

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I NEVER REALLY HAD A PROBLEM WHILE I WENT TO THE UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS. I STAYED OFF CAMPUS WITH MY PARENTS AND HAD A HIGH PAYING CO-OP SO I COPPED WHATEVER CAME OUT. MAKE SURE YOU GET THAT DEGREE IT WILL PAY OFF. NOW THAT I'M GRADUATED I HAVE THE INCOME TO COP MULTIPLES OF WHATEVER I WANT.

Props to you bro
Im from Cleveland and going to school in Charleston, West Virginia is WEAK X10000000 when it comes to kicks down here. I play basketball here at the Universityof Charleston a D-2 going into my senior year here. I own a personal traning/skill development down here and thats my hustle when it comes to kicks. Its veryhard at times to find times in the week to workout the kids but usually the weekends is were I make my killing being in the gym for about 5 or 6 hours justworking out kids in groups. I have to drive at least 45 min to Huntington to get the new Jordans. Need to get a connect back home in Cleveland or Akron for theJordans in November and December
Anyone willing to help a brother out???
frown.gif

dang
i live in WEST VIRGINIA...
all i see is fake jays and new balances and steel toe boots... lol
i cant even go to the mall to cop anything..
thanks to NT where i cop 75 % of my Jordans
college is tough

dang
i live in WEST VIRGINIA...
all i see is fake jays and new balances and steel toe boots... lol
i cant even go to the mall to cop anything..
thanks to NT where i cop 75 % of my Jordans
college is tough

^^^^ New Balances and Fake Jordans is all I see around here also. mjfanatic you go to school around West Virginia?

I was an undergrad from 98 - 02.

Which, in my opinion, was the "golden era" of retros and Jordan releases.

You couldn't walk in a store w/o wanting 2-4 kicks every 2 weeks at that time.

I worked at Flocker in one mall, and Fline in another local mall to feed my kicks hunger.

Originally Posted by lysolflow

I'm playin basketball at TAMU Kingsville this year... blessed w/ a scholarship (not braggin, just thankful)...

and its STILL tough to cop kicks... cant go to work cuz the closest Footaction is 45 min away in corpus christi... so i'm basically wingin it on FAFSA till then...

i feel ya pain, familia... its gonna be that nice time when you get on done w/ college, fresh on the job scene, and you gonna have some cake.. then other stuff is gonna kick in like house note or apt rent, insurance for EVERYTHING, cell phone bills, girlfriend bills, food bills... it goes on forever... smh...

lol yeah I got apt, cell, girlfriend, and food bills now so thats not gone be a biggie. Until its time to pay these student loans back and have a lil shorty runnin around. Well make it though. Good thing my girl just graduated and is a registered nurse so after she getts finished settling in to her apartment its gone be NICE getting kick for the both of us with my lil money and her money.
wink.gif

im having a problem keeping alot of money due to expenses in college but now im good becasue aint shhh came out .......im just saving half of everything i getfor shoes and the rest to live because i have everything i need .......i know what u feel like though

i worked at finl in college so i bought what i could. don't stress it too much now though. get that degree.

i'm three yrs out of school and buy whatever j's i want. you never know though. your priorities could change once you're done and you won'tbe a shoe head anymore.

yeah i feel you too man, im in school right now, even though school is paid parents (dont get financial aid at all, and NO im not rich...i wish i was :smile: ), soi get a certain amout of "allowance" each week, hahah its funny, im 25 and get allowance, but thats cool im in med school so thats just how it goesfor us....but yeah man, i have to make sure i know when shoes are releasing so can save up and not spend on other things like....FOOD! :smile:.....but its cool iguess, a few more years and well all be done and then we can buy j's when ever we want....OH NO WAIT...well get married and the we gatta ask our wives ifits cool to buy shoes :-( .....a wise man once said, we as men have to ask permission from our moms as kids, ask persmission from our wives whenwe get marriedand then ask permission from our kids when we are old.......ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

i was dumb and got hooked on making money and didnt go 2 college...wish i wouldve now...i mean im 25 so im not exactly old...but still...my collection is firebut still...id trade that in for a college education...

Back
Top Bottom