Snow Leopard Dropped Today!!!

For you guys with Tiger I just want to give a heads up and tell you that you can buy the SL $26 upgrade disk and upgrade from there. You dont neet Leopard todo so. You can even do a fresh install.

K, dont ask me any questions as I dont come back and read multiple page threads like this, but I just wanted to say
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

Originally Posted by binman3k3

Before i copp/install, will i have to back up my stuff? Or will i just be able to install and have all my
stuff still on my HD?
i too would like to know.
nerd.gif

Same. I'm about to purchase the upgrade. Safari 4
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

For you guys with Tiger I just want to give a heads up and tell you that you can buy the SL $26 upgrade disk and upgrade from there. You dont neet Leopard to do so. You can even do a fresh install.

K, dont ask me any questions as I dont come back and read multiple page threads like this, but I just wanted to say
laugh.gif

How sure are you of this? Everything I have read has stated that you need to upgrade from Leopard. And since SL is simply a newer version of Leopard, does itmake sense that the install disk would come with all of the Leopard things, or would it just condense a lot of the programs/applications that are already on aLeopard running MB/MBP? I'd love to believe it, but how do you know this?

Originally Posted by binman3k3

Before i copp/install, will i have to back up my stuff? Or will i just be able to install and have all my
stuff still on my HD?

Same here. Will all my programs still be there?

PO

Just upgraded...some thoughts.

1. Got an extra 11 GBs!
2. All of my files survived for those who were hesitant...EXCEPT
3. It killed my iWOW plugin for iTunes (audio enhancement software) saying it was incompatible!
frown.gif
If anyone can tell me what's out there that'ssimilar it would be appreciated.

Edit:

For everyone wondering if your Apps will be alright with SL

http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/

Should have read first.

So I set up Spaces and assigned certain apps in each space.

I'm not sure if this is correct but, in order to go to say Space 2, 3, or 4, I need to go to Space 1,5 or 6 first then continue holding Cmd while pressing2,3 or 4. I can't go directly to Space 2,3, or 4. Is this normal?

I have 6 spaces altogether. I can go directly to Space 1, space 5, and space 6.

Someone shed some light
nerd.gif

Also, setting up Time Machine, how much should I partition from my internal hdd?

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

I'm not sure if this is correct but, in order to go to say Space 2, 3, or 4, I need to go to Space 1,5 or 6 first then continue holding Cmd while pressing 2,3 or 4. I can't go directly to Space 2,3, or 4. Is this normal?

Someone shed some light
nerd.gif

Also, setting up Time Machine, how much should I partition from my internal hdd?
hold option and then use your left or right arrow keys and u can pick which space you want to be on.

i got my copy for 10 bucks. i've been reading extensively and i feel fairly hesitant to put this in. it seems to break my cyberduck and growl. plus i hearthat its been eating battery power... maybe pass for 10.6.1...

Originally Posted by givemedanumba

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

I'm not sure if this is correct but, in order to go to say Space 2, 3, or 4, I need to go to Space 1,5 or 6 first then continue holding Cmd while pressing 2,3 or 4. I can't go directly to Space 2,3, or 4. Is this normal?

Someone shed some light
nerd.gif

hold option and then use your left or right arrow keys and u can pick which space you want to be on.
Yeah I know there's an option for that as well.

What I want to do is go directly to the space.

Originally Posted by igotdemkickz21

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

For you guys with Tiger I just want to give a heads up and tell you that you can buy the SL $26 upgrade disk and upgrade from there. You dont neet Leopard to do so. You can even do a fresh install.

laugh.gif

How sure are you of this? Everything I have read has stated that you need to upgrade from Leopard. And since SL is simply a newer version of Leopard, does it make sense that the install disk would come with all of the Leopard things, or would it just condense a lot of the programs/applications that are already on a Leopard running MB/MBP? I'd love to believe it, but how do you know this?

i was lazy to not edit, but its confirmed, i just did it to my macbook pro and i upgraded from tiger using only the 29 dollar disc snow leopard.
pimp.gif

I ordered one copy from Amazon.com for $25 for my older MacBook I purchased last year, and I ordered another from Apple for $10 for my recently purchasedMacBook Pro. I can't wait to get them in the mail. I'm waiting patiently.

I just freed up 19 gigs on my MBP.

Everything in the OS seems to respond faster too. Nothing stalls at all, very fluid.

Back
Top Bottom