Snow Storm Part II...1/7/2011 SMH

Sunny about 67 in SoCal
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

If this was my car I'd lose my mind...
roll.gif

That @*@$ just kept getting worse and worse.� I thought it was over when they got loose, but they somehow dragged the damn snow plow over the ski rack.

roll.gif

aftermath
bkheights3.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/$#+/comments/esbpx/nyc_sanitation_workers_destroy_a_ford_explorer/c1ajw4l
Just saw this footage on a few local San Francisco news segments.  Good to see it is getting more attention.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

If this was my car I'd lose my mind...
roll.gif

That @*@$ just kept getting worse and worse.� I thought it was over when they got loose, but they somehow dragged the damn snow plow over the ski rack.

roll.gif

aftermath
bkheights3.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/$#+/comments/esbpx/nyc_sanitation_workers_destroy_a_ford_explorer/c1ajw4l
Just saw this footage on a few local San Francisco news segments.  Good to see it is getting more attention.

Took me 6 hours to get to DC today 
sick.gif

Side streets were STILL a mess when I left today around 10.  One of the dudes on the block spotted a plow over by Main St., he went over and asked if the dude had any intentions of plowing some of the side streets...the dude said "no." 
roll.gif

Cars were still abandoned and folks weren't willing to lend a hand to people spinning out...gotta love NY in that aspect
laugh.gif

Took me 6 hours to get to DC today 
sick.gif

Side streets were STILL a mess when I left today around 10.  One of the dudes on the block spotted a plow over by Main St., he went over and asked if the dude had any intentions of plowing some of the side streets...the dude said "no." 
roll.gif

Cars were still abandoned and folks weren't willing to lend a hand to people spinning out...gotta love NY in that aspect
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PoloLax

I'm from CT, not NYC, but let me ask a question. If you guys in NYC know a huge storm is coming, why don't you move your cars? Now I know alot of people in Manhattan have no other places to park.

However I was watching the news today and some of the %+@$ I've seen from people in NYC is laughable.I'm seeing people in Staten Island in residential neighborhoods complaining there cars being stuck. And they have freakin' driveways? Put your damn car in the driveway if you can.

Also, can't help to notice the people who think spinning their tires in the snow for minutes on end will get them out. I'm suprised by the number of people I see who won't just grab a damn shovel and do some manual labor for a few minutes.

Also you guys have the largest mass transit system in the world, why are you guys driving in the middle of a snow storm and abandoning your cars in the middle of an intersection? I would never leave my car in an intersection and walk away like alot of people in NYC did yesterday. Go grab a shove and dig yourself out.
Transplants. A bunch of NYC residents aren't even really from NYC, thus a lot of the foolishness.
laugh.gif

I'm from CT, not NYC, but let me ask a question. If you guys in NYC know a huge storm is coming, why don't you move your cars? Now I know alot of people in Manhattan have no other places to park.

However I was watching the news today and some of the %+@$ I've seen from people in NYC is laughable.I'm seeing people in Staten Island in residential neighborhoods complaining there cars being stuck. And they have freakin' driveways? Put your damn car in the driveway if you can.

Also, can't help to notice the people who think spinning their tires in the snow for minutes on end will get them out. I'm suprised by the number of people I see who won't just grab a damn shovel and do some manual labor for a few minutes.

Also you guys have the largest mass transit system in the world, why are you guys driving in the middle of a snow storm and abandoning your cars in the middle of an intersection? I would never leave my car in an intersection and walk away like alot of people in NYC did yesterday. Go grab a shove and dig yourself out.
Transplants. A bunch of NYC residents aren't even really from NYC, thus a lot of the foolishness.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jehul

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I agree some people are just idiots taking their cars out.  If you dont have awd or an suv, you don't have business trying to drive in this.  Shoveling isn't helping some of these cars.  I saw these 2 guys outside my house for over an hour shoveling, using boards, tieing chains to their tires and nothing was working.  Gave up at 2am and left their car there.  Now it's still stuck and I my block isn't plowed.
devil.gif

I still don't know if I can make it into the office tomorrow, no streets are plowed by me, don't think the express bus will come by, and the b/q train are still suspended both ways.

Originally Posted by Jehul

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I agree some people are just idiots taking their cars out.  If you dont have awd or an suv, you don't have business trying to drive in this.  Shoveling isn't helping some of these cars.  I saw these 2 guys outside my house for over an hour shoveling, using boards, tieing chains to their tires and nothing was working.  Gave up at 2am and left their car there.  Now it's still stuck and I my block isn't plowed.
devil.gif

I still don't know if I can make it into the office tomorrow, no streets are plowed by me, don't think the express bus will come by, and the b/q train are still suspended both ways.

They're in no rush because school is out...I think someone said this a few pages back...but it's 100% spot-on

They're in no rush because school is out...I think someone said this a few pages back...but it's 100% spot-on

Had to walk 5 miles across Brooklyn to the nearest running train station (and 5 miles back home after work). Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.
The morning though was literally straight out of "Day After Tomorrow".  Streets blocked off. Cars and trucks abandoned. An abandoned car burned out.
Masses of people walking the streets.

I was tempted to get the camcorder and film.
laugh.gif

I know some of these bus drivers are getting stuck on purpose. They have to then babysit the bus while getting paid triple time because it was a holiday weekend? At the very least double time. Five buses were "stuck" at the end of the B3 line close to where I live. Of course it's extremely convenient to get stuck there. Quite, good pizza shop and deli right there.

Some of the stunts these DOS workers are pulling are way out of line as well. I already know these DOS workers are slackers and douches during normal times so this doesn't surprise me.

Had to walk 5 miles across Brooklyn to the nearest running train station (and 5 miles back home after work). Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.
The morning though was literally straight out of "Day After Tomorrow".  Streets blocked off. Cars and trucks abandoned. An abandoned car burned out.
Masses of people walking the streets.

I was tempted to get the camcorder and film.
laugh.gif

I know some of these bus drivers are getting stuck on purpose. They have to then babysit the bus while getting paid triple time because it was a holiday weekend? At the very least double time. Five buses were "stuck" at the end of the B3 line close to where I live. Of course it's extremely convenient to get stuck there. Quite, good pizza shop and deli right there.

Some of the stunts these DOS workers are pulling are way out of line as well. I already know these DOS workers are slackers and douches during normal times so this doesn't surprise me.

South Carolina, FTW.

We get 2" & everything's closed - schools, jobs, churches, stores...

We get enough snow for a day or two, build a few snowmen & have a snowball fight, then it's gone.

South Carolina, FTW.

We get 2" & everything's closed - schools, jobs, churches, stores...

We get enough snow for a day or two, build a few snowmen & have a snowball fight, then it's gone.

Back
Top Bottom