DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

It's Batman though :lol:

If kids can take dozens of heroes turning to dust why not a tragedy in Batman. Its not even like the comic or animation showed the brutal murder.

There were multiple reviews of parents having to console their kids after that dusting scene. And you expect them to be alright with a kid getting beat to death with a crowbar? :lol: Even if the act isn't depicted on screen,, I'm sure they're gonna show his beat-up, bloodied corpse.

FWIW, I'm not necessarily against the idea. But you can bet the studio will have second thoughts about "brutally murdering" an iconic character like Robin -- at least so early in the process.

They could've strung old Batman just as long as they did RDJR as Iron Man, roughly 10-12 years. RDJR started as Tony Stark in his 40s and is noe done in his 50s. Affleck started as Batman in his 40s, 2 movies and like 4 years later he's done.

As far as physical demands, its not like Batffleck was doing his own stunts and all of the most amazing Bat action in BvS was mostly cgi.

You make good points. Personally though, I don't think Affleck could have gone another 10-12 years no matter how successful the franchise was. Maybe it's a testament to good genetics and charisma but RDJ still looked capable till his last breathe in MCU. Affleck, on the other hand, just looks rough. And he may not be doing his own stunts but he's at least got to maintain a jacked and athletic build to make it look convincing.

There were multiple reviews of parents having to console their kids after that dusting scene. And you expect them to be alright with a kid getting beat to death with a crowbar? :lol: Even if the act isn't depicted on screen,, I'm sure they're gonna show his beat-up, bloodied corpse.
Nah

Just gotta show this

main-qimg-be801a1343e2d98661ba3992d3b132c1

jasontodddead-619752.jpg

Not show this

FWIW, I'm not necessarily against the idea. But you can bet the studio will have second thoughts about "brutally murdering" an iconic character like Robin -- at least so early in the process.
I cant be sold on DC/WB having second thoughts about killing a Robin when they kicked off their shared universe with

y45vq46v9iez.gif

I almost want to say they made these movies specifically not for a children audience.
You make good points. Personally though, I don't think Affleck could have gone another 10-12 years no matter how successful the franchise was. Maybe it's a testament to good genetics and charisma but RDJ still looked capable till his last breathe in MCU. Affleck, on the other hand, just looks rough. And he may not be doing his own stunts but he's at least got to maintain a jacked and athletic build to make it look convincing.
I mean dude did have that divorce and alcohol problem to deal with. To me prior to this Ben looked healthy and fine. He was in shape. He looked good in that Netflix movie he did recently.

All it takes is a Bat trilogy thats like 5-6 years and then a JL trilogy that'll already start which will take 6 years or so. Once the Bat trilogy is done he'd have 2 JL movies to do and any cameos he wants to do.

Its doable on Affleck's part. As long as the movies are successful.

Affleck gave a fantastic performance as Bruce Wayne in BvS, unfortunately it seems that once he realized the movie was a failure he pretty much phoned it in for JL. The best parts of that movie were pretty much any scene containing Affleck and Irons.

There's a lot of nuance to his performance. He plays a really believable drunken rich idiot and flips the switch to serious and Batman-ish on the dot. The first minute of this clip shows what I mean.

Totally agree. I enjoyed every scene with Ben behind the mask and without it. I think they could have saved the dumper fire by rewinding and showing where they were thinking of going with Robin’s death. Solo Batman film with Ben behind the mask again and Irons (most definitely). Leave Sups out of it. ****, milk it and make 3 films, Batman meets Jason. Jason dies. Batman deals with the loss while wrapping the story up. Done. I said it before, SO MUCH material to work with all they need is some SOLID WRITERS. **** as terrible as D&D are finishing GOT, I still give them credit for staying close to the source material and creating a great script for TV. And we’ve all seen that a rated R film can still be successful as ****.

Yah. Petite and demure woman with this animalistic jungle savage theme. Hack Snyder showed glimpses man :smh:

Back
Top Bottom