So all the stupid nicknames made up on NT have been put on a JB shirt...

^ ijapino

this stuff is trash but what's funnier is some kids would have bought that shirt if it was from "bobby fresh"

i aint gonna lie i picked up that shirt with the fake 4's when it released a few years ago

for some reason i guess thats the direction of where the brand went

i aint gonna lie i picked up that shirt with the fake 4's when it released a few years ago

for some reason i guess thats the direction of where the brand went

Wouldn't surprise me if they start using colorways based off nicknames

White/Black/Cherry-Red

White/September-Blue/Black

Black/Raptor-Purple/True-Red 
That's the generation JB is catering to.  
laugh.gif

Wouldn't surprise me if they start using colorways based off nicknames

White/Black/Cherry-Red

White/September-Blue/Black

Black/Raptor-Purple/True-Red 
That's the generation JB is catering to.  
laugh.gif

why are people freaking on the nicknames. The tee is some HB %+$, but the nicknames are what we (sneakerheads) created, thats how we identify the kicks....And to the dude above who said it was a new generation thing (nicknames) thats not true at all, there were nicknames even in 82 and probably in the 70s...AF1s=Uptowns, Ups etc....Go learn you sneaker history before sayin stuff like that....JFK (06) and Bobbito's book Where'd You Get Those? are great resources and are readily available online..JFK's even on Youtube so you dont even have to leave your home or spend money.

People are overreacting over a lame attempt by JB to connect to heads, another sign that they are listening to us, yet still fail to deliver....I see it (JB's success) all ending in 2013 or 2014

why are people freaking on the nicknames. The tee is some HB %+$, but the nicknames are what we (sneakerheads) created, thats how we identify the kicks....And to the dude above who said it was a new generation thing (nicknames) thats not true at all, there were nicknames even in 82 and probably in the 70s...AF1s=Uptowns, Ups etc....Go learn you sneaker history before sayin stuff like that....JFK (06) and Bobbito's book Where'd You Get Those? are great resources and are readily available online..JFK's even on Youtube so you dont even have to leave your home or spend money.

People are overreacting over a lame attempt by JB to connect to heads, another sign that they are listening to us, yet still fail to deliver....I see it (JB's success) all ending in 2013 or 2014

Raptor VIIs is the stupid JB nickname in the history of the line...at least it didn't make the shirt

Raptor VIIs is the stupid JB nickname in the history of the line...at least it didn't make the shirt

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

You got it all twisted, never said nicknames was a new generation thing, it's the nicknames that are not associated with the colorway is what I'm talking about.   Some like "Raptors" is so ridiculous.   Cherry 
laugh.gif

Most nicknames that we know since the early 2000's, come from the colorway.  

You got it all twisted, never said nicknames was a new generation thing, it's the nicknames that are not associated with the colorway is what I'm talking about.   Some like "Raptors" is so ridiculous.   Cherry 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

I got you now man...My bad....if you havent already, check out those resources, really interesting stuff.

i agree with you on the non cw nicknames...didnt they name raptors because they look like the Toronto jerseys though? Hmm We should have named em true red 7s.. (except I dont know if that would stick, what name do you think we should have named them instead?)
Cherry is probably the dumbest name for those, I call em wred 12s or white/red 12s, no real necessity for a nickname there

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

I got you now man...My bad....if you havent already, check out those resources, really interesting stuff.

i agree with you on the non cw nicknames...didnt they name raptors because they look like the Toronto jerseys though? Hmm We should have named em true red 7s.. (except I dont know if that would stick, what name do you think we should have named them instead?)
Cherry is probably the dumbest name for those, I call em wred 12s or white/red 12s, no real necessity for a nickname there

Why do they even need a nickname at all? Back in the early 90's, we just refereed to them as the black/red VII's...NOT BRED VII's or RAPTOR VII's.

A shoe doesn't need to be nicknamed in order to identify them. I just call 'em what they are.

Why do they even need a nickname at all? Back in the early 90's, we just refereed to them as the black/red VII's...NOT BRED VII's or RAPTOR VII's.

A shoe doesn't need to be nicknamed in order to identify them. I just call 'em what they are.

Wow JB is so corny now, this is exactly why I don't buy jordans anymore. The whole Jordan thing is done. It had a very very excellent run but as soon as those fusions came out, the brand died IMO.

Wow JB is so corny now, this is exactly why I don't buy jordans anymore. The whole Jordan thing is done. It had a very very excellent run but as soon as those fusions came out, the brand died IMO.

Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by thebeast23

Where sport blue and September blue is concerned On the box, the word has been abbreviated, so it could have been either name. It looked like white/ September ( sport) blue/ black. The Nike catalog actually called it the sport blue but it still could go either way. So stop tripping. And the word bred is not a big deal. You spaz for nothing. It makes it easier to say and more recognizable which is why its called a Nickmame. Nobody goes crazy when the word oreo 6 is used though that name was also dubbed by consumers or even the name space jam was dubbed by us because of the movie. Before the movie it was just the all black 11's.

September Blue doesnt make any sense though.  Thats like saying February Red, Or December Purple.  Sport is the term Nike has used for some Colors, plus it was in their Catalog.  And Last time I checked the abbreviation for September, it was Sep or Sept.

oops my fault. i was rushing didnt realize what i wrote. i meant the box looked like white/ sptblu-black so until nike put sport blue in the catalog (which ijapino has posted) it could have went either way. I still dont think bred is a big deal. as is the word CHERRY 12's
but when yeah if the actual colrway was sport blue why did nike choose to put september blue? hmm 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ijapino

Yeah BITD it was "Did you see the white 4s"  "My Mom just got me he Black 4s"  Ive had Jordans on my feet since 85 and never once did I hear anyone say "Black Toes", "Cements", "Grapes", "Hares", "Bugs Bunny" to describe any shoe. 

This generation is lazy always looking for shortcuts or some clever word to describe something (Raptor VIIs REALLY, Toronto didnt even have a team then!!!).  Calling them nicknames is like saying "HELLA" so I think Ill blame the bay for "BRED"
tongue.gif
 Dont get me started on the whole I.E. thing either. You young cats ruined JB, because its you fools that they are hiring now to design said products.  Miss the days of plain tees with a small Jumpman or the matching warmup suit that would comeout with the shoes.  

JB please fire the guy who OKd this probably same guy that did the Fake IV shirt too.    

Originally Posted by ijapino

Yeah BITD it was "Did you see the white 4s"  "My Mom just got me he Black 4s"  Ive had Jordans on my feet since 85 and never once did I hear anyone say "Black Toes", "Cements", "Grapes", "Hares", "Bugs Bunny" to describe any shoe. 

This generation is lazy always looking for shortcuts or some clever word to describe something (Raptor VIIs REALLY, Toronto didnt even have a team then!!!).  Calling them nicknames is like saying "HELLA" so I think Ill blame the bay for "BRED"
tongue.gif
 Dont get me started on the whole I.E. thing either. You young cats ruined JB, because its you fools that they are hiring now to design said products.  Miss the days of plain tees with a small Jumpman or the matching warmup suit that would comeout with the shoes.  

JB please fire the guy who OKd this probably same guy that did the Fake IV shirt too.    

Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by thebeast23

Where sport blue and September blue is concerned On the box, the word has been abbreviated, so it could have been either name. It looked like white/ September ( sport) blue/ black. The Nike catalog actually called it the sport blue but it still could go either way. So stop tripping. And the word bred is not a big deal. You spaz for nothing. It makes it easier to say and more recognizable which is why its called a Nickmame. Nobody goes crazy when the word oreo 6 is used though that name was also dubbed by consumers or even the name space jam was dubbed by us because of the movie. Before the movie it was just the all black 11's.

September Blue doesnt make any sense though.  Thats like saying February Red, Or December Purple.  Sport is the term Nike has used for some Colors, plus it was in their Catalog.  And Last time I checked the abbreviation for September, it was Sep or Sept.

oops my fault. i was rushing didnt realize what i wrote. i meant the box looked like white/ sptblu-black so until nike put sport blue in the catalog (which ijapino has posted) it could have went either way. I still dont think bred is a big deal. as is the word CHERRY 12's
but when yeah if the actual colrway was sport blue why did nike choose to put september blue? hmm 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom