So all the stupid nicknames made up on NT have been put on a JB shirt...

clearly the people on here that likes the shirt and has no problem with the name "september" on there, shows their age and how long they've been doing this.

* "waits for an "OG" NTer to post"

U should be embarrassed to think that shirt is acceptable.

"It's ok to call em september blues now cuz the shirt says so and it's made by JB."
30t6p3b.gif

clearly the people on here that likes the shirt and has no problem with the name "september" on there, shows their age and how long they've been doing this.

* "waits for an "OG" NTer to post"

U should be embarrassed to think that shirt is acceptable.

"It's ok to call em september blues now cuz the shirt says so and it's made by JB."
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DRO3000

Here we go again with this old school vs new generation B.S. It's always the same "og's" that are hating. I'm not a young dude but I'm sick of seeing these dudes trying to cut up these kids and the way they dress and the nicknames they have. WHO CARES!!! Just cuz you got a high post count doesn't automatically give you cred or make you an expert. Just means you've had a lot of free time over the years lol
smile.gif
Why don't you read some of the posts again. This thread is mostly about the word "September" on the shirt instead of "Sport." Unless u approve of the shirt and their mistake as not a mistake. then you get this.  
30t6p3b.gif

It's not always about old vs new. Take a deep breath.....

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ijapino

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

i agree with you on the non cw nicknames...didnt they name raptors because they look like the Toronto jerseys though? Hmm We should have named em true red 7s.. (except I dont know if that would stick, what name do you think we should have named them instead?)

Why do they even need a nickname at all? Back in the early 90's, we just refereed to them as the black/red VII's...NOT BRED VII's or RAPTOR VII's.
wrong b...back when jordans were JUST coming out and no one cared about da older models like that we called em by years "yo son those dem 89 jordans, wit da flght patch" ...or "yo son remember then 91 jordans wit da huarache tongue?"

ALL them old heads on my block refered to em by year da way cats describe madden games

all those old boxes were EXTRA generic when it came to describing da colors on da sneaker....and it want till da jordan XII's till they actually started slappin roman numerals on da boxes. and that went with all da sig models of players that had kicks.

yea back then I heard that saying too,  but my group of friends and in my grade school, we always called the current air jordan for that year "the new air jordans" and the years past "the old air jordans."

Here we go again with this old school vs new generation B.S. It's always the same "og's" that are hating. I'm not a young dude but I'm sick of seeing these dudes trying to cut up these kids and the way they dress and the nicknames they have. WHO CARES!!! Just cuz you got a high post count doesn't automatically give you cred or make you an expert. Just means you've had a lot of free time over the years lol
smile.gif
Why don't you read some of the posts again. This thread is mostly about the word "September" on the shirt instead of "Sport." Unless u approve of the shirt and their mistake as not a mistake. then you get this.  
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

i agree with you on the non cw nicknames...didnt they name raptors because they look like the Toronto jerseys though? Hmm We should have named em true red 7s.. (except I dont know if that would stick, what name do you think we should have named them instead?)

Why do they even need a nickname at all? Back in the early 90's, we just refereed to them as the black/red VII's...NOT BRED VII's or RAPTOR VII's.
wrong b...back when jordans were JUST coming out and no one cared about da older models like that we called em by years "yo son those dem 89 jordans, wit da flght patch" ...or "yo son remember then 91 jordans wit da huarache tongue?"

ALL them old heads on my block refered to em by year da way cats describe madden games

all those old boxes were EXTRA generic when it came to describing da colors on da sneaker....and it want till da jordan XII's till they actually started slappin roman numerals on da boxes. and that went with all da sig models of players that had kicks.

yea back then I heard that saying too,  but my group of friends and in my grade school, we always called the current air jordan for that year "the new air jordans" and the years past "the old air jordans."

30t6p3b.gif
@ this dude saying NT made up the names. I heard the raptors be called the raptors in '93 son. As well as the cement IV's and Infrared VI's.

30t6p3b.gif
@ this dude saying NT made up the names. I heard the raptors be called the raptors in '93 son. As well as the cement IV's and Infrared VI's.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

smile.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I have to agree with sickickz23, thats how we did it too (even at my hs in 2010 haha). To me the nicknames were a sneakerhead thing, not used by the average JB consumer....I also agree with ninja as well....can someone tell me as to why the 7s were named Raptors and the white/ red 12s as cherries? To me the sneakerhead nicknames are a shorthand so you can just say Bred 11s are everyone knows what you mean, but I see that a lot of heads have a problem with the non official cw nicknames, and as far as Jordans go I have to agree with them as well. Its (box cw nicknames or simply "old jordans" as sickickz23 highlighted) what people are used to, so they wont be willing to accept change (wont be willing to accept the non box nicknames)

Originally Posted by sickickz23

smile.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I have to agree with sickickz23, thats how we did it too (even at my hs in 2010 haha). To me the nicknames were a sneakerhead thing, not used by the average JB consumer....I also agree with ninja as well....can someone tell me as to why the 7s were named Raptors and the white/ red 12s as cherries? To me the sneakerhead nicknames are a shorthand so you can just say Bred 11s are everyone knows what you mean, but I see that a lot of heads have a problem with the non official cw nicknames, and as far as Jordans go I have to agree with them as well. Its (box cw nicknames or simply "old jordans" as sickickz23 highlighted) what people are used to, so they wont be willing to accept change (wont be willing to accept the non box nicknames)

to print such lingo on shirts and hats is not to legitimise them, it merely recognises the silly codes which get thrown around with these shoes. i like the idea and the execution, and would rock that shirt. many of the terms are silly, but i like the idea that only other fans would understand. to the general public, these are subtle or even confusing. obvious shirts make me cringe, cuz THEY make you seem far more like a fanboy than stuff like these.

to print such lingo on shirts and hats is not to legitimise them, it merely recognises the silly codes which get thrown around with these shoes. i like the idea and the execution, and would rock that shirt. many of the terms are silly, but i like the idea that only other fans would understand. to the general public, these are subtle or even confusing. obvious shirts make me cringe, cuz THEY make you seem far more like a fanboy than stuff like these.

Originally Posted by Jordan0589

Why does it say "lightning" and "thunder&lightning"?
i think they were referring to these as the "lightning" -->http://www.flightclubny.c...&sc=aj4&i=010408

and then these as the "thunder & lightning" -->http://www.flightclubny.c...&sc=aj4&i=010452 and http://www.flightclubny.com/p.php?fc=ny&c=aj&sc=aj4&i=010448

dag i woke up this morning all happy about the "september blue" nickname, but then i saw that product list paper someone posted a few pages back and it shut me up quick lol
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Jordan0589

Why does it say "lightning" and "thunder&lightning"?
i think they were referring to these as the "lightning" -->http://www.flightclubny.c...&sc=aj4&i=010408

and then these as the "thunder & lightning" -->http://www.flightclubny.c...&sc=aj4&i=010452 and http://www.flightclubny.com/p.php?fc=ny&c=aj&sc=aj4&i=010448

dag i woke up this morning all happy about the "september blue" nickname, but then i saw that product list paper someone posted a few pages back and it shut me up quick lol
roll.gif

i think its cool..
i mean everyone isnt gonna know what the words mean..

so it'll kinda be like an insider betweeen those that knows whatsup
happy.gif

i think its cool..
i mean everyone isnt gonna know what the words mean..

so it'll kinda be like an insider betweeen those that knows whatsup
happy.gif

Originally Posted by datboi81

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Nicknames are cool but that shirt is corny.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom