so does yao belong in the HOF?

Originally Posted by DubA169

if he gets in i'm starting a Robert Horry petition

*ahem* 

Excuse me? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

His impact on the sport is just too deep, in terms of the international players having a profound effect on the game. When healthy (albeit, he was rarely) he absolutely produced at a HOF deserving rate. Definitely in the top 8 centers of all time. (Shaq, Russell, Wilt, etc.)

His impact on the sport is just too deep, in terms of the international players having a profound effect on the game. When healthy (albeit, he was rarely) he absolutely produced at a HOF deserving rate. Definitely in the top 8 centers of all time. (Shaq, Russell, Wilt, etc.)

Originally Posted by presequel

easily. its not even a question, honestly. compare him with other international players and the impact he made on basketball, not just stats in the nba. hes a world icon.

Originally Posted by presequel

easily. its not even a question, honestly. compare him with other international players and the impact he made on basketball, not just stats in the nba. hes a world icon.

without a question.

you'd be surprised by some of the members of the Basketball HOF that have never even played. However, he helped the US expand into China.

For instance, Meadowlark Lemon is in the HOF.

without a question.

you'd be surprised by some of the members of the Basketball HOF that have never even played. However, he helped the US expand into China.

For instance, Meadowlark Lemon is in the HOF.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

No chance in hell...

Only way would be as a contributor, not as a player.
If you look at the criteria for contributor, he doesn't fit the bill. He will go in as a player, with a heavy emphasis on his contributions to the sport. It's no different than Dikembe Mutombo. He'll be in the Hall someday as a player, with that same emphasis on his contributions.

No chance in hell...

If you look at the criteria for contributor, he doesn't fit the bill. He will go in as a player, with a heavy emphasis on his contributions to the sport. It's no different than Dikembe Mutombo. He'll be in the Hall someday as a player, with that same emphasis on his contributions.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

No chance in hell...

Deke was a beast defensively for a long period of time, but I get your point. It's a damn shame China had to run this dude's legs into the ground.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

No chance in hell...

Deke was a beast defensively for a long period of time, but I get your point. It's a damn shame China had to run this dude's legs into the ground.

Basketball HOF and NBA HOF are different.

Basketball HOF? Mmm, probably but if he does he squeaks in.

NBA HOF? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

I think he belongs. He was an all star when healthy and dominated the voting. That alone is evidence of his impact. It's the basketball hall of fame and I do think that makes it easy to put him in.

I think he belongs. He was an all star when healthy and dominated the voting. That alone is evidence of his impact. It's the basketball hall of fame and I do think that makes it easy to put him in.

Originally Posted by kc24688

How does allstar voting have anything to do with HOF or not ?

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

What is this magical NBA Hall of Fame you speak of?

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

What is this magical NBA Hall of Fame you speak of?

Originally Posted by kc24688

How does allstar voting have anything to do with HOF or not ?

Back
Top Bottom