so i got a ps3 for an early bday and xmas gift..very dissapointed so far!

laugh.gif
instant ether... im "rollin" at diva, thats getting dropped next time one of these CSU kids is *****in on the hoop courts

1080i = the best your t.v. and xbox will do;
1080p= the best resolution so far/not many games in full 1080p yet but when they are all at a standard of 1080p, look for my "disappointed in the xbox (and new tv ) for not being future-proof" thread.

^^so changing the settings to have 1080p show up on my display setting wont work im assuming rite? since most games are not supporting 1080p yet.. and yes... idont mind the diva comments.. they got this shirt around the bay that says "HATERS MAKES ME FAMOUS" so keep hating.. and for the people that istrying to explain the differences thanks.. and one more thing.. why do some of yal think that 720 is better than 1080i?

it may...some games like cod4 default to 720p, but if you program 1080p only, it will most def run at 1080p (ur new tv is 1080p right?) ...see avsforums.Looking at it objectively, ps3 is actually technologically more advanced than the 360. hardware is no competition. ps3 recently got dts ma via update.....inlaymans terms, high def sound. whats the last thing xbox did for you?

^^i believe im setting it up correctly..i have it set on 1080p and when i first got the ps3 it asked me "Do you want the system to be set up as1080p?" or something like that.. but i figure if the game is not supported by 1080p then then it probably wont go to 1080p.. correct me if im wrong to themature niketalkers only pls.. thanks..

Originally Posted by hyphy101

^^i believe im setting it up correctly..i have it set on 1080p and when i first got the ps3 it asked me "Do you want the system to be set up as 1080p?" or something like that.. but i figure if the game is not supported by 1080p then then it probably wont go to 1080p.. correct me if im wrong to the mature niketalkers only pls.. thanks..

I think it'll upscale. Don't quote me on that.

Dude you're crying like you're forced to play it on a 1985 18 inch tv or something. Its a tiny graphical difference, who cares.

correct. back of the box tells ya. google ps3 1080p games. some good ones are marvel and tekken5 online. graphics r breathtaking. those are not even the newerones. like someone said earlier mgs4...

^^how was i crying? all i was saying was i've always wonder the difference between the 2 system and i like 360 better.. dats all..

So i am so used on my xbox 360 playing in 1080i.... i asked my parents for a early xmas and a late bday gift and i ask for a ps3.. since my parents just bought a brand new tv.. i wanted to upgrade on watching dvd movies into blu ray.... so i rented a game to try the ps3 out and BOOM... this thing only supports 720! hella sucks!!!! i mean im so used to playing in 1080i and i thought having a ps3 will actually switch me to playing into 1080p but nope.. i guess some games is only supported by 720.. im also running my ps3 with a hdmi cable so everything is fine with that department.. anyways thought i might just share this info.. so i guess xbox 360 wins this war console.
You're an idiot or you're misiinformed. Most games run 720p natively but can support 1080i/1080p. You want 1080p output? Go to displaysetting and uncheck 720p. You're gonna force your ps3 to upscale to 1080p. Some of the older games will only do 720p, and will do 480p if 720p is notchecked (Fight Night, The Orange Box for example). Can your 360 play lossless audio? No. Can your 360 play blu-rays on 1080p? No. I'm not knocking 360 oranything, I think its very good at what it does.

Oh yeah, just a note. Make sure your tv does support 1080p plus don't play on the mode you got your tv on. Check if its on dynamic or sports mode, orbright. If they are change it or tweak it to your liking! Those modes messes up your picture real bad!!!

so i guess xbox 360 wins this war console..

bow down to the video game god, with swiftness he declares this war at an end...

gtfooh bromosexual

Because of your opinion?
roll.gif
No console will win a "console war" because they are both doinggreat.

BTW, Most games are 720p and upscaled to 1080i if your TV have it. Only a few games on the PS3 are native 1080p.

Originally Posted by DMasta718

Because of your opinion?
roll.gif
No console will win a "console war" because they are both doing great.

BTW, Most games are 720p and upscaled to 1080i if your TV have it. Only a few games on the PS3 are native 1080p.
what are you talking about? 360 has been destroying the ps3 in sales the past 2 months

although the wii is destroying everything
sick.gif

but I still remember when all the ps3 fanboys declared the next gen war over after that CGI trailer of Killzone
roll.gif

where is kill zone 2?
roll.gif
grin.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by DMasta718

Because of your opinion?
roll.gif
No console will win a "console war" because they are both doing great.

what are you talking about? 360 has been destroying the ps3 in sales the past 2 months

although the wii is destroying everything
sick.gif

but I still remember when all the ps3 fanboys declared the next gen war over after that CGI trailer of Killzone
roll.gif

where is kill zone 2?
roll.gif
grin.gif
smh.gif
Yeah the past two months, after that price cut was introduced. Look at the trend for the whole year, the PS3 has outsold the 360 except for like3-4 months. Not bad at all, it's at a higher price point right now too. Reggie Fils-Ame (sp) is a genius, his concept of selling an inferior machine at anattractive price point with a simple and gimmicky innovation has wiped the profits that Sony and Microsoft would have gained. The profit margin must be prettydamn good for the wii!

my man giving his opinion like he the first to lay hands on the systems
smh.gif

*insert Cam bottlin dude gif*

Back
Top Bottom