SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

They never directly answer this question. Most jobs perform a service, don't get paid what they deserve and don't get tips
I asked the same question before.

Jobs that require a greater risk of injury and/or jobs that require greater risks of care, why don't we tip them?

Firemens
Policemens
Doctors

I get it.

But, why are we playing DUMB.

The tip IS used as a form of verification of services provided.

This is another example of humans playing stupid mind games.

The point of the top is to REWARD. (As well as carry out a custom), to pretend it ISN'T is funny

As soon as I would collect a check off a table either cash or credit, I always went straight to the cash stand no matter what to make sure it was all there. If it wasnt and they walked out without paying the full amount then you had to cover the rest (dont get any ideas nawghtyhare nawghtyhare ) because you werent looking after you tables. I **** you not, i had to straight chase a mf outside in the snow as he was walking to his car to collect more money. Being a broke college student who liked to party, I made sure no one was screwing me over.

As far as tips go, when I got back to the cash stand if the table left me a good tip, id make sure to let them know how much i appreciated it as they were walking out. Those that didnt tip, **** um.

As soon as I would collect a check off a table either cash or credit, I always went straight to the cash stand no matter what to make sure it was all there. If it wasnt and they walked out without paying the full amount then you had to cover the rest (dont get any ideas nawghtyhare nawghtyhare ) because you werent looking after you tables. I **** you not, i had to straight chase a mf outside in the snow as he was walking to his car to collect more money. Being a broke college student who liked to party, I made sure no one was screwing me over.

As far as tips go, when I got back to the cash stand if the table left me a good tip, id make sure to let them know how much i appreciated it as they were walking out. Those that didnt tip, **** um.
You are lucky nobody blew your brians out for doing that.

I don't have experience but I would find that hard to believe considering how many folks they have come in contact with over any time span.

I don't doubt they COULD remember SOMEONE that has low-balled them in the past, but I doubt they could recall ANYONE that has low-balled them in the past.

really? I just walked into a place recently where I havent been too in at least 4 or 5 years, I sat down and the server walked over to me and said "hey long time no see, still like stouts? we have a few new ones on draft that I would recommend" . I was freaked tf out because I didnt know who he was or why he knew what I liked to drink. and honestly it was at least 4 years since ive been there.

I asked the same question before.

Jobs that require a greater risk of injury and/or jobs that require greater risks of care, why don't we tip them?

Firemens
Policemens
Doctors

This sounds bad, but I think in many cases it has to do with customers at restaurants assuming that servers are performing that job out of desperation or to make ends meet. Not many servers are well off on their salary alone or are doing it for a career. This comes to mind when I tip anyways. I'm under the impression that these folks are making only a few dollars per hour.

If we are tipping folks for talking food from a counter to a table and/or pouring drinks, YESI believe doctors should be tipped.

Convince me why it is a crazy idea

the common server makes $2.83/hr + tips

your average family doctor makes 200k+ a year plus if they just got into that practice the average signing bonus is 20k. If you are just coming out of school and working in a hospital, you get tuition reimbursement as well. so I think their wages are fair.

the common server makes $2.83/hr + tips

your average family doctor makes 200k+ a year plus if they just got into that practice the average signing bonus is 20k. If you are just coming out of school and working in a hospital, you get tuition reimbursement as well. so I think their wages are fair.

I don't care what the server makes.
I don't care what the dr makes.

If the idea is we are tipping due to SERVICE PROVIDED, there are many other professions that also deserve tips

you going to tip 20% on a total knee surgery that cost 150k+???
You are changing the conversation.

It isn't about what EYE would do.
It isn't about what EYE would WANT to do.

It is about this idea that we SHOULD tip those that "serve" us.

Doctors are the greatest servers to US, so they SHOULD get tipped if we believe serVERS SHOULD be tipped.

You are changing the conversation.

It isn't about what EYE would do.
It isn't about what EYE would WANT to do.

It is about this idea that we SHOULD tip those that "serve" us.

Doctors are the greatest servers to US, so they SHOULD get tipped if we believe serVERS SHOULD be tipped.

I didnt change the conversation. I asked YOU if YOU were going to tip the ortho doc when YOU need a total knee replacement? why do YOU always talk in circles.

This is all by design. The universe does NOT want u to be a server for LIFE. 1-2yrs (hopefully less) to earn your stripes and learn about the struggles of life...sure. You grind, learn, sacrifice...then G-T-F-O. Life lesson.

I didnt change the conversation. I asked YOU if YOU were going to tip the ortho doc when YOU need a total knee replacement? why do YOU always talk in circles.
You are making this about ME, it isn't about ME.

I am discussing the theory of tipping.

Why shouldn't Dr's be tipped?

You are making this about ME, it isn't about ME.

I am discussing the theory of tipping.

Why shouldn't Dr's be tipped?

I already gave you my answer why and you said you dont care what servers make, you dont care what docs make but when I ask you a question and im making everything about YOU.

I already gave you my answer why and you said you dont care what servers make, you dont care what docs make but when I ask you a question and im making everything about YOU.
I said I don't care what they make because we are discussing the THEORY of TIPPING due to SERVICE provided. (NOT current salary / wages).

That is why I said EYE don't care how much they make.

we are discussing the THEORY of TIPPING due to SERVICE provided.

Based on THAT theory (which NT provided, not MY words), why shouldn't Drs get tipped?

Back
Top Bottom