SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

I'm not saying I don't believe in tipping. I just don't believe in automatic mandatory tipping. It's not as black and white as some of you are making it.

Dudes who don't tip delivery drivers / servers who busted their *** during a rush or helped your table of 5+ people are bums, yeah. Yet they're also bums living within the law. 

Why did u go back to the same place tho

I respect that he is sticking by his position. Dude is cheap and selfish and doesn't want to be bothered with other people's problems.
I'm not cheap
Or selfish
Just don't tip for average service
I will admit other people's problems don't concern me all that much
But it's cause I have my own to be worried about
Plus I dont like to be in other peoples business

Last edited:

I respect that he is sticking by his position. Dude is cheap and selfish and doesn't want to be bothered with other people's problems.
I'm not cheap
Or selfish

Question...what exactly do you expect out of service that would make you give a tip? Because I'm having a real hard time believing that your non-tipping isn't just a way for you to cover up for your overall cheapness.

Last edited:
I like how people say "get a better job" as if things are that easy. Some of yall are either out of touch or have no compassion.

You never know the reasons for why people work the jobs that they do. No need to feel sorry, but the last thing you should be doing is basing your opinion off of a judgement.
No one is saying its that easy
But is it my fault u had to get a low paying job
It shouldn't be my responsibility to take care of ur household
Tipping is just another form of welfare

jimmie rustle mode activated

I think it's a ridiculously simple mindset to suggest someone get another job. It's laughable, really.

I like how people say "get a better job" as if things are that easy. Some of yall are either out of touch or have no compassion.

You never know the reasons for why people work the jobs that they do. No need to feel sorry, but the last thing you should be doing is basing your opinion off of a judgement.

Because we all been there bruh. I don't got time to throw money at you because of a pity party. That's the cold hard truth. Nobody said it's easy to just pick up a job for everyone. I am saying that you can't expect people to help you just because of your bad situation.

Living off tips you know who I blame when someone doesn't tip me? Myself. 

Pity party is if I said you should feel sorry for someone working the job that they do. I never did. All I said is that there should be some sort of compassion towards a server if your thinking is "well, they should get another job if they don't want to deal with me not tipping." You don't know the reason why people work the jobs that they do. Simple as that. Suggesting someone get another job is ridiculous egocentric.
How is it laughable
I worked at a ****** job before my 9 year old was born
I needed more money I got a second job
When my daughter was born
I got a better job
If someone ain't satisfied with how much money they are receiving
It's on them to better their situation

Question...what exactly do you expect out of service that would make you give a tip?
Simply bringing my food and refilling my drink once isn't cutting it.

You have to at least act like I'm more than just a vessel for you to get some money out of. Which is mad obvious with how some of these fools be talking to you. 

They don't have to hit a back flip to my table, but at least check on our table a couple times. Refill my drink more than once. The problem is a lot of these people just expect people to tip them so they don't even care about their service.

And from a lot of the responses in this thread I can see why.

I'm not cheap
Or selfish

Question...what exactly do you expect out of service that would make you give a tip? Because I'm having a real hard time believing that your non-tipping isn't just a way for you to cover up for your overall cheapness.
Refill drinks
Clear table in timely manner
Check on our table
Knowledgable of menu items
Check to make sure my silverware and played are actually clean before giving them to me
3 of the five things she did not do

Question...what exactly do you expect out of service that would make you give a tip?

You have to at least act like I'm more than just a vessel for you to get some money out of. Which is mad obvious with how some of these fools be talking to you. 

They don't have to hit a back flip to my table, but at least check on our table a couple times. Refill my drink more than once. The problem is a lot of these people just expect people to tip them so they don't even care about their service.

Bruh
STOP TAKING ALL MY REPS

good thing those are free
roll.gif

Refill drinks
Check on our table
Check to make sure my silverware and played are actually clean before giving them to me
Must be some upscale pizza joint. You eat your pizza with a fork and knife too!?

I almost always tip 20%. Just this weekend when i went out bill was 210 and left 42 for tip. Cant remember a time i havent tipped

I over tip for the most part and if i question whether or not i should tip i usually do.

Last edited:
Because the Food is good
And I've been PLENTY of times

I guarantee u aint tip plenty of times too.

u mean to tell me someone was like "oh yea thats that guy that didnt tip on halloween"
***** that was 9 months ago.

they was like

"Oh thats that guy that orders 2 waters and never tips"

i don't agree with banning sumone for not tipping cuz there's cheap/broke mfs out there but its there establishment so thats just wat it is.

U said the food is good...well 2 bucks just cost u that b.

Sumtimes its just not about da money but da message...like i appreciate your business

Last edited:

I think it's a ridiculously simple mindset to suggest someone get another job. It's laughable, really.
If someone is unhappy with their wages due to living off of the courtesy of others then they should get another job. One that provides a steady income. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

How may homeless people you pass by today alone without even giving them a second look? FOH with that holier than thou nonsense

I live off tips and I don't always tip when I'm out. It's ridiculous to say you have to tip EVERY time. If you did a bare minimum job you're not getting anything from me. If I'm in a group setting I'll tip just to not look like an *******.

I don't get mad when someone doesn't tip because of two reasons 1. I took the job knowing what I was getting in to 2. The person isn't legally required to tip. Arguing anything past that is dumb. All y'all can call non tippers scum all you want but guess what? They're still walking out with a full stomach after paying exact change. If they don't like it they can get a better job. If they can't get a better job they can suck it up.

Dudes be throwing money at servers/waiters/bartenders/delivery drivers just because of societies standards. Which is cool with me because I live off tips and can make 20-30 an hour on a 7 hour shift. On the flip side there will of course be nights where I make dirt. It's all a part of the game. Honestly I'd prefer if the price was just factored into the cost of the meal/service from the beginning. Get rid of gratuity and tipping.
we need more servers like this.

i'm honestly shocked more folks are mad at op then they are at the total unprofessionalism from the restaurant management and owner in this situation to be honest.

at the end of the day its courteous to tip, but servers shouldn't take it personal and hold grudges if someone chooses not to tip.

See below.

I'm not cheap
Or selfish

Refill drinks
Check on our table

You know how many times I'll eat somewhere and have to send silverware/dish back because it's dirty? Is that on the server? :lol: How hard is it to tell them to swap it out? You really going to hold a tip against them for that?

Clearing a table in a timely manner? :rofl: :rofl:

These standards, tho

The things you're mentioning take no more than a simple flag down to get your servers attention to do.

This is petty ****, bro.

Not doing these things (to me), but taking reminders from the guests, equates to normal/average service. They'll still get a tip at the end of the day.

Because the Food is good
And I've been PLENTY of times

I guarantee u aint tip plenty of times too.

u mean to tell me someone was like "oh yea thats that guy that didnt tip on halloween"
***** that was 9 months ago.

they was like

"Oh thats that guy that orders 2 waters and never tips"

i don't agree with banning sumone for not tipping cuz there's cheap/broke mfs out there but its there establishment so thats just wat it is.

U said the food is good...well 2 bucks just cost u that b.

Sumtimes its just not about da money but da message...like i appreciate your business
I ain't trippin off that
I'm not gonna die cause I can't eat there
My issue was her following me out the door
Damn near around the corner to confront me
On why I ain't give her MY money

If someone is unhappy with their wages due to living off of the courtesy of others then they should get another job. One that provides a steady income. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

How may homeless people you pass by today alone without even giving them a second look? FOH with that holier than thou nonsense

How about you tell us how many homeless he passes by without giving a second look, since clearly you know.

I'm not saying I don't believe in tipping. I just don't believe in automatic mandatory tipping. It's not as black and white as some of you are making it.

Dudes who don't tip delivery drivers / servers who busted their *** during a rush or helped your table of 5+ people are bums, yeah. Yet they're also bums living within the law. 
They're still bums though.
Refill drinks
Check on our table
To me, this is average service. This is the type of stuff you're expected to do. Anything less than this and there's a problem.

The above and beyond for me is personality and friendliness. The attitude of your server definitely affects my dining experience and for that, you get a bigger tip.

Back
Top Bottom