SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

If i go 2 a place and there service is so bad i don't tip why would i go back there like op did lol.

Tipping is mandatory though, regardless of the circumstances. At least to me it is. I would never go out to eat and not tip, its just not right.
I leave a dollar if I get garbage service. IMO that worse than leaving nothing. If I leave nothing there's a possibility I may have forgotten. If I leave a dollar you know what I think about you

Tipping is mandatory though, regardless of the circumstances. At least to me it is. I would never go out to eat and not tip, its just not right.
That would mean it's against the law not to tip.
Clearly that isnt the case, so why argue semantics you know what I meant. But just in case If you go out to eat you should tip regardless of the circumstances, I DO NOT CARE WHAT HAPPENS during the meal. You go out, you tip your waiter, preferably in cash because some establishments pool tips left directly on the check for all servers and only the person who serves you deserves the tip and they can choose to divide it amongst anyone who helped them.

That is my philosophy on tipping and I will never deviate from it.

I leave a dollar if I get garbage service. IMO that worse than leaving nothing. If I leave nothing there's a possibility I may have forgotten. If I leave a dollar you know what I think about you
15% is my bad service tip, 20% is my standard.

Why is it not right?
Because you know how the structure works, and by not tipping you basically put that person through an hour of work for like 2 dollars. That doesnt sit right with me man not at all

OP had the right to tip or not. So that ruffled feathers and made everyone think he was cheap. lol. But the Waiter shouldn't have questioned you about the no tip. OP was the customer and for the waiter and owner to call him out on that is really unprofessional and bad customer service.

I hope you posted your rant on Yelp OP. lol.

Not tipping and being proud of it is something Uncle Zel would do

Last edited:

Clearly that isnt the case, so why argue semantics you know what I meant. But just in case If you go out to eat you should tip regardless of the circumstances, I DO NOT CARE WHAT HAPPENS during the meal. You go out, you tip your waiter, preferably in cash because some establishments pool tips left directly on the check for all servers and only the person who serves you deserves the tip and they can choose to divide it amongst anyone who helped them.

That is my philosophy on tipping and I will never deviate from it.
That's fine but why do you have to impose your philosophy on others who differ from yours? That, I have an issue with.

I want to know why resurants can't pay their servers more. Don't give me that "they'll raise the price of the food". They're selling whole sale 3 dollar steaks for 20 bucks. McDonald's works get paid more than they do and they have a dollar menu

I'm not even going to read through the thread. I don't blame the manager...you deserved it.

The system is setup so that the waiter/waitress addresses the needs of the client with anticipation of compensation after service. That's the way it is. If you don't want to participate in that system then don't eat out, move to europe, or feel free to let your server know you won't be tipping prior to service (have some balls). If the service is bad you're well within in your rights not to tip. I don't think anyone will argue that. If you know you aren't going to tip then you are hiding behind the very system that you claim to not participate in for your benefit(you have no balls).

15% tip for BAD SERVICE?? That is exactly what is encouraging the entitlement these servers have.

At my job if I do poorly at work I get fired. Servers do poorly they get rewarded with a tip. Backwards as hell yal whylin.

I'd gladyly give my money directly to the cooks that made my food before I give it to the crappy waiter. You want tips do your job its that simple.

Because you know how the structure works, and by not tipping you basically put that person through an hour of work for like 2 dollars. That doesn't sit right with me man not at all
How bout placing the blame on the owners?

Why have I not heard anyone say "If you can't afford to pay your employees a minimal wage don't own a restraint?"

I just don't get why the burden of employee compensation is placed on the customer.

Can anyone explain that?

It makes ZERO sense.

Theres a stereotype that black people dont or type very little. I tip off of that mostly.

I cant stand black folks that uphold stereotypes. Like, really?!?! You really gonna act exactly like they say we do?!?

Went to Chick-Fil-A the other day, lady came to my table 3 times asking did I need anything, gave me a refill and offered to throw my trash away. Should I have tipped her????

Theres a stereotype that black people dont or type very little. I tip off of that mostly.

I cant stand black folks that uphold stereotypes. Like, really?!?! You really gonna act exactly like they say we do?!?

I also heard this one about us eating chicken......................

How do u guys feel about tipping those dudes at the gas station that go out of their way to pump your gas...I personally never tip them and never will , I ca pump my own gas fam nobody asked for your help

Again, so base off that stereotype if they give you ****** service, what do you want us to do? Leave a huge tip anyways to impress them? **** that. It's what my dad seems to do.

Last edited:

Why is it not right?
Because you know how the structure works, and by not tipping you basically put that person through an hour of work for like 2 dollars. That doesnt sit right with me man not at all
1. If the structure is flawed why contribute to it? The onus shouldn't be on the patron to pay the wages owed to an employee by their employer.

b. An hour of refilling my glass ain't exactly strenuous work.

III. It's not like they're only waiting on me during that hour, just standing by the table with a jug of water in their hand, automatically pouring after every sip. Half the time they're ghost working on getting tips from someone else.

Every black person upholds at least one stereotype so I guess you must dislike all of us.

This is why I always make it a point to tip well. Especially when I have great service. I've left 30-40% tips for people that I thought did a tremendous job and really deserved it. Even if I just hit a diner real quick with my girl and it's like $20. I'll still leave $7-$8.

I've never been a waiter but I have worked in the food service industry, both restaurant and fast food and it can be hell. Dealing with piss poor attitudes all the time, tripping over yourself and busting your *** just to make sure you earn AT LEAST the standard, robotic, "Thanks." just to earn minimum wage SUCKED. I can't imagine waiting on an entire table for an hour or two and then get shafted. Tipping may technically be optional, but unless the server was a complete jackass, it's common courtesy to tip.

I didn't tip ONCE at a Denny's probably 6 months back because the old lady serving did as much as she could to avoid us and did the absolute bare minimum with a lousy attitude, even talking down to us at times. Had a similar experience at an Olive Garden but still left $5 and note saying the service was horrible. The manager must have seen it because on our way out he stopped us and asked us about the service and said dude's been a problem and he'll be taken care of. Bottom line is there's better ways to express dissatisfaction than not tipping.

Back
Top Bottom