SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

Just went out to a brewery that closes out on an iPad. Beer tender clicked the tip percentage prior to handing me the iPad and just said click here to close out. Irked the crap outta me. I clicked no tip and walked out. I always tip $1 for every $5 as a rule of thumb but don't automatically do it for me.

I still don't understand why I'm having to subsidize a restaurant's profit. It makes no sense. Me tipping = less money paid to employees = bigger profit for the owner. Slave mentality.

I don't tip the postal worker walking around in the heat all day, I don't tip a teacher who has to deal with crazy kids all day, i don't tip the constuction worker building my house, i don't tip the Costco checkout clerk, etc.

View media item 1609504

I agree, I don't like that an owner can pay somebody less because they expect people to tip, but it's just more profits for the owner.

It's ridiculous when they charge you the automatic gratuity regardless if the service is good or not.

With that being said, I always tip :lol:

I still don't understand why I'm having to subsidize a restaurant's profit. It makes no sense. Me tipping = less money paid to employees = bigger profit for the owner. Slave mentality.

I don't tip the postal worker walking around in the heat all day, I don't tip a teacher who has to deal with crazy kids all day, i don't tip the constuction worker building my house, i don't tip the Costco checkout clerk, etc.
I agree, I don't like that an owner can pay somebody less because they expect people to tip, but it's just more profits for the owner.

It's ridiculous when they charge you the automatic gratuity regardless if the service is good or not.

With that being said, I always tip :lol:

i agree with Modern Darwin but tip just like mr jordan04 - maybe its the guilt trip

Last edited:
Yea, probably the guilt trip :lol:

I don't wanna be remembered by an employee and have somebody **** in my food next time

Literally EVERY job has its flaws and things that can drive you insane, teaching is NOT the worst of them...call it what you want but a job in which you get guaranteed all holidays, all weekends off, get off by 3p in not cases and then you get the summers off paid is a pretty good gig to me...teachers deal with bad kids, nurses deal with bad patients all day everyday, waiters deal with people like OP.....I don't see how teachers set the measure for bad jobs...lol

But ok bros.

Literally EVERY job has its flaws and things that can drive you insane, teaching is NOT the worst of them...call it what you want but a job in which you get guaranteed all holidays, all weekends off, get off by 3p in not cases and then you get the summers off paid is a pretty good gig to me...teachers deal with bad kids, nurses deal with bad patients all day everyday, waiters deal with people like OP.....I don't see how teachers set the measure for bad jobs...lol

But ok bros.

My aunt, grandma, and great aunt all worked as teachers in different school districts
I can say I am 100% certain that most of what you said is actually false
Weekends off? yeah maybe if you aren't staying an extra couple hours every day grading
leaving at 3pm? yeah if you want to grade papers on your weekends
Summers off? nope states are constantly changing curriculums therefor teachers have to take classes to learn these

My aunt, grandma, and great aunt all worked as teachers in different school districts
Weekends off? yeah maybe if you aren't staying an extra couple hours every day grading
Summers off? nope states are constantly changing curriculums therefor teachers have to take classes to learn these

Then the teachers I know must be the rare cases...lol

Because my wife's best friend husband teChes high school in the Bronx and dude is literally off all summer, all holidays, has been doing so for 10 years...

Anyways, sorry....they don't have it good...I take that back, however tell me a job where you work serving people that doesn't have its major flaws, I've been spit on by demented patient before, I've known nurses that have gotten crap literally thrown at them...lol

Then the teachers I know must be the rare cases...lol

Because my wife's best friend husband teChes high school in the Bronx and dude is literally off all summer, all holidays, has been doing so for 10 years...

Anyways, sorry....they don't have it good...I take that back, however tell me a job where you work serving people that doesn't have its major flaws, I've been spit on by demented patient before, I've known nurses that have gotten crap literally thrown at them...lol

Wasn't disagreeing with you stance on working for customers sucks
Just disagreeing that teachers don't have it as good as you said it was

Bad service is not always the waiters fault, the 2nd cook it a scheduled waiter may have called out. Restaurant workers make a few dollars an hr due to powerful lobbyist.

Bad service = 15%
Good service = 20%
Great service = 25%

Dont want to tip then eat Chipotle.

Agree with A55A55IN. My brother and sister-in-law almost always put hours in on Sundays. Grading papers, doing lesson plans, or getting things ready for the week. They also go in early and stay late during the week. There are probably teachers that slide by like the on ksteezy referenced, but there is a lot more to being a teacher than seven hour school days.

My bro wife a teacher and when I went over their crib last weekend she was grading papers. Job isn't as easy as it looks and their very underpaid but we don't tip them as stated.

there is still no excuse for op to continuously return to the same spot not willing to tip unless its only for flawless service.

Last edited:
My bro wife a teacher and when I went over their crib last weekend she was grading papers. Job isn't as easy as it looks and their very underpaid but we don't tip them as stated.

Plenty of public school teachers are making $60k+ with 10 weeks off...

Even if "we" did tip them, cheap as NT'ers wouldn't.

they probably spit in your food this past time you went ***.....if you too cheap to tip, take you *** and eat at home. scum!!

Teachers have a great gig..

It starts at low pay but it increases with tenure..they pay into a pension also have at least 6 or 8 weeks of time off..depending on any extra work they choose to do..also for those that really enjoy what they do..it is safe to say that their job is rewarding ..with inspiring and challenging students

Depends where you live because teachers in NC don't make ****. The state of Texas had been poaching teachers from here and offering them 10-15k more

Just went out to a brewery that closes out on an iPad. Beer tender clicked the tip percentage prior to handing me the iPad and just said click here to close out. Irked the crap outta me. I clicked no tip and walked out. I always tip $1 for every $5 as a rule of thumb but don't automatically do it for me.

Yeah I also would not have tipped if they added it for me

I agree with people saying if you don't want to tip then eat at home or some place where tips aren't expected, but tips in general aren't mandatory. I tip 15% but I'm not even mad at people that don't. In some countries in Europe tipping is actually looked down upon.

Service has to be absolute **** for me not to tip, if it's just bad I'll tip 5-10% to let them know and usually leave a note on the receipt, I'm not hard to please, just bring my food on time and get the order right....probably 2 times in my life I didn't tip and actually complained to management before leaving.

This. People really go out to eat and don't tip? Buffet would be the only place to me this might be acceptable, but if you're at a sit down place and someone is taking care of you and yours, unless the service was beyond pathetic there is no reason you shouldn't be leaving at least 10% for average service.

lol @ people saying no tip = poor
more NT ignorance. some of the wealthiest people i know are horrible tippers. super cheapskates
laugh.gif
Poor people often equate a show of money with having money. If you don't show you have money then you must not have it.

that was the first time i looked up the actual definition of scum

learn something every day b 

Back
Top Bottom