SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

Literally EVERY job has its flaws and things that can drive you insane, teaching is NOT the worst of them...call it what you want but a job in which you get guaranteed all holidays, all weekends off, get off by 3p in not cases and then you get the summers off paid is a pretty good gig to me...teachers deal with bad kids, nurses deal with bad patients all day everyday, waiters deal with people like OP.....I don't see how teachers set the measure for bad jobs...lol

But ok bros.

:rofl: what teacher do you know that leaves their job by 3? The work doesn't stop when your contract hours are up, bro. I know many people in the profession who are pretty much working 12-14 hour days (when you account for the prep and other work coming home).

Summers...used for professional development or working another job.

I know a lot of people in the education field and while the job is rewarding due to seeing growth in students, it's EXTREMELY hard work and not nearly as glamorous as you're making it seem.

K-Steezy, you're talking outta your ***.

Or perhaps two people can have two differing experiences.

The fact that you are boldly confirming negative stereotypes at restaurants is plain dumb OP.

And you're putting your family through this too?...embarrassing.

Dont worry about playing the race card, We're revoking your race card until you get your yourself together.

It's guys like you who are the reason waiters are throwing rock, paper, scissors to decide which loser has to wait on my family at restaurants.

Last edited:
Depends where you live because teachers in NC don't make ****. The state of Texas had been poaching teachers from here and offering them 10-15k more

So true. I had teachers in high school that worked part-time at the mall to make ends meet. Two of my cousins recently moved to Houston for new teaching gigs, they were making less than 35k here :x

Most teachers I knew while in high school had some other type of gig during the summer. One of my old teachers has started a movement called red4edNC to hopefully receive more funding in education. Maybe a unionized teacher is bringing in a decent amount of cash, but the ones who aren't can't make a comfortable living just off of their salary. 

They damn sure aren't going home at 3 either 
laugh.gif

My friend just started out as a part time teacher and she is doing more than full time hours. Tough job I couldn't do it.

Literally EVERY job has its flaws and things that can drive you insane, teaching is NOT the worst of them...call it what you want but a job in which you get guaranteed all holidays, all weekends off, get off by 3p in not cases and then you get the summers off paid is a pretty good gig to me...teachers deal with bad kids, nurses deal with bad patients all day everyday, waiters deal with people like OP.....I don't see how teachers set the measure for bad jobs...lol

But ok bros.

:rofl: what teacher do you know that leaves their job by 3? The work doesn't stop when your contract hours are up, bro. I know many people in the profession who are pretty much working 12-14 hour days (when you account for the prep and other work coming home).

I know a lot of people in the education field and while the job is rewarding due to seeing growth in students, it's EXTREMELY hard work and not nearly as glamorous as you're making it seem.

My really good friend is a teacher and can confirm she works way too much. Leaves school each day around 6-7 due to having to lesson plan and grade. She is taking 2 courses this summer and working as a server because she doesn't make enough money to survive on her teaching salary. Not to mention now a days parents can email her directly so she spends tons of time answering questions every day from helicopter parents who think she is doing a bad job teacher her kid

But now a daysthere are tons of places that are quick service and don't require tip just go there OP. People should go to a full service restaurant as a treat. You want to be served and be able to relax and get taken care of. I would never not tip even bad service gets 10% from me. Idk what the next person is going through so i tend to keep a positive outlook on everything

The fact that you are boldly confirming negative stereotypes at restaurants is plain dumb OP.

And you're putting your family through this too?...embarrassing.

Dont worry about playing the race card, We're revoking your race card until you get your yourself together.

It's guys like you who are the reason waiters are throwing rock, paper, scissors to decide which loser has to wait on my family at restaurants.

Wow............ just wow :smh:

But ok bros.

My really good friend is a teacher and can confirm she works way too much. Leaves school each day around 6-7 due to having to lesson plan and grade. She is taking 2 courses this summer and working as a server because she doesn't make enough money to survive on her teaching salary. Not to mention now a days parents can email her directly so she spends tons of time answering questions every day from helicopter parents who think she is doing a bad job teacher her kid

But now a daysthere are tons of places that are quick service and don't require tip just go there OP. People should go to a full service restaurant as a treat. You want to be served and be able to relax and get taken care of. I would never not tip even bad service gets 10% from me. Idk what the next person is going through so i tend to keep a positive outlook on everything

Good point about course work as well....

There is such a high turnover rate in the profession for a number of reasons. I can't remember the name of the documentary I watched on HBO (Douglass HS in Baltimore), but it showed the ups and downs of being a new teacher in a urban setting. Dude was so gung-ho and thought he could save the world when he started the job. He had only 3 parents out of 25+ some students show up for back to school night. Things got so bad...**** from students, no help from administration, etc, that he ended up quitting 1/2 way through the school year.

Dude said they're gone by 3 :lol:

They leave before the students do I guess. If you're a teacher and you aren't working a summer job you're either married to someone working all year or you're living as minimal as possible single at that. Weekends are spent grading and planning so there goes that notion as well.

Last edited:

There is such a high turnover rate in the profession for a number of reasons. I can't remember the name of the documentary I watched on HBO (Douglass HS in Baltimore), but it showed the ups and downs of being a new teacher in a urban setting. Dude was so gung-ho and thought he could save the world when he started the job. He had only 3 parents out of 25+ some students show up for back to school night. Things got so bad...**** from students, no help from administration, etc, that he ended up quitting 1/2 way through the school year.

I think you may be referring to Hard Times at Douglass High. That documentary, man... Most people don't even know the half of it.

We really need to start paying teachers like Canada. No way the person who is entrusted with educating children should be making less than minimum wage (and many new teachers make a lot less than minimum wage when you factor in all of the time they spend.) Then you got programs like Teach for America that only compound the issue and make it worse. :smh:

Last edited:
Teachers should be allowed to discipline their thug students by whooping their ***** if necessary. Otherwise it's just going to get worse than it already is. American kids are so entitled and protected, it's no wonder we have so much crime and failure rates in schools.

I think you may be referring to Hard Times at Douglass High. That documentary, man... Most people don't even know the half of it.

We really need to start paying teachers like Canada. No way the person who is entrusted with educating children should be making less than minimum wage (and many new teachers make a lot less than minimum wage when you factor in all of the time they spend.) Then you got programs like Teach for America that only compound the issue and make it worse. :smh:

Good pull!

The whole system is broken, IMO. Things are set up for teachers/students to fail. Putting under-qualified/young teachers in settings where there is little to no hope. It's a revolving door and the cycle is repeated as soon as the teacher quits.

Teachers should be allowed to discipline their thug students by whooping their ***** if necessary. Otherwise it's just going to get worse than it already is. American kids are so entitled and protected, it's no wonder we have so much crime and failure rates in schools.

It's the student RIGHT to be in school. It's literally become the teachers privilege to be there. America is backwards.

They need to figure out how to fill this back around. These parents need to start getting tickets every time their kid acts up or something. Phone calls don't work anymore. Hit them where it hurts, their wallet

Last edited:
Yeah the lesson planning for a 2nd grader must be sooooo extensive and lettuce not dwell into grading the tests of 9 year olds :wow: , cmon man, I already said, teaching is not a great gig, but comparing to other jobs, YES TEACHERS GOT IT GOOD.

Let's talk nursing for a second....mandatory 12 hour shifts, not counting report hours and time spent documenting...most nurses legit working 15 hours daily, no guaranteed holidays off, no guaranteed weekends off, no long summer vacations....not that much more pay than a teacher, specially a veteran teacher...dealing with all sorts of patients AND their families, at risk of lawsuits constantly...yeah it may be rough for teachers out there, but it is for many other professions as well...

Yeah the lesson planning for a 2nd grader must be sooooo extensive and lettuce not dwell into grading the tests of 9 year olds :wow: , cmon man, I already said, teaching is not a great gig, but comparing to other jobs, YES TEACHERS GOT IT GOOD.

Let's talk nursing for a second....mandatory 12 hour shifts, not counting report hours and time spent documenting...most nurses legit working 15 hours daily, no guaranteed holidays off, no guaranteed weekends off, no long summer vacations....not that much more pay than a teacher, specially a veteran teacher...dealing with all sorts of patients AND their families, at risk of lawsuits constantly...yeah it may be rough for teachers out there, but it is for many other professions as well...

You sound stupid and frankly, your POV is simplistic and ignorant.

Rather than saying "hey, I'm uninformed..." you keep saying dumb **** that amazingly tops whatever previous statement you had.

Last edited:

Rather than saying "hey, I'm uninformed..." you keep saying dumb **** that amazingly tops whatever previous statement you had.

He's basically hitting us with the "yeah I'm wrong, but I'm RIGHT!!" :lol:

He's basically hitting us with the "yeah I'm wrong, but I'm RIGHT!!" :lol:

Everyone sees it but him :lol:

Also, what does the nursing profession have to do with anything?

Yeah the lesson planning for a 2nd grader must be sooooo extensive and lettuce not dwell into grading the tests of 9 year olds
eek.gif
, cmon man, I already said, teaching is not a great gig, but comparing to other jobs, YES TEACHERS GOT IT GOOD.

Many specialized nurses make up to six figures. As far as holidays and vacation days off, nurses will get paid for those absences while a teacher will not. Plus public education is government funded by the state, so any government funded profession will have holidays off lol. Teachers who are mostly female don't even get paid paternity leave (at least not in NC). I would much rather have the salary and stresses of a nurse than a teachers. They work nearly the same hours anyway lol. 

Many specialized nurses make up to six figures. As far as holidays and vacation days off, nurses will get paid for those absences while a teacher will not. Plus public education is government funded by the state, so any government funded profession will have holidays off lol. Teachers who are mostly female don't even get paid paternity leave (at least not in NC). I would much rather have the salary and stresses of a nurse than a teachers. They work nearly the same hours anyway lol. 

Not a big percentage of nurses are specialized tho...and I'm speaking NYC I don't know much about other states, but judging from the people I know and the life styles they lead.

Teaching >>>>> nursing.

Teaching >>>>>> waiting tables.

Teaching >>>>>> working for sanitation.

I can go on and on.

Once again, not saying teaching is EASY! Just that compared to other professions, teaching is better than other gigs.

Nursing is easy, you sit in the breakdown playing on your phone until its time to turn off the machine beeping and change the bed pan *add more ignorant insight*, soooo easy

Nursing > getting paid to sleep

**im I doing it right steezy?** :nerd:

You've already dug yourself a whole :lol: time to just quit

Last edited:
Some one should start a thread with a poll. Which job would you rather work nursing vs teaching and see.

Teachers are raising these children. My friend would discipline a kid all the time in school and he would be good by the end of the day and she talked to the kids parents and they straight up told her that she should be teaching their kid good manners. You try so hard to help these kids and it all gets reversed by bad parenting, or absentee parents.

I used to think teachers had it easy with summers off until i knew what they go through. I would pick nurse over teacher even if the salaries were equal

Some one should start a thread with a poll. Which job would you rather work nursing vs teaching and see.

Teachers are raising these children. My friend would discipline a kid all the time in school and he would be good by the end of the day and she talked to the kids parents and they straight up told her that she should be teaching their kid good manners. You try so hard to help these kids and it all gets reversed by bad parenting, or absentee parents.

I used to think teachers had it easy with summers off until i knew what they go through. I would pick nurse over teacher even if the salaries were equal

Seems like a lot of you know many teachers but not many nurses...YES A TEACHERS JOB IS NOT EASY, IM SPEAKING IN COMPARISON TO OTHER JOBS FAR WORST WITH LESS PERKS.

nurses get treated like crap on the daily...lol and there is nothing they can do about it because jut like any other business, the customer/patient IS ALWAYS RIGHT...

Alls I'm saying bruhs....don't be so rustled.

Nursing is easy, you sit in the breakdown playing on your phone until its time to turn off the machine beeping and change the bed pan *add more ignorant insight*, soooo easy

Nursing > getting paid to sleep

**im I doing it right steezy?** :nerd:

You've already dug yourself a whole :lol: time to just quit

I never said teaching was easy.

But Teaching >>>>>>>>> Nursing.

Idgaf what you or anyone else tells me :lol:

Wish some nurses would chime in

Back
Top Bottom