SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

I want you to find any definition of selfish for what you described other than the one you are trying to make up.
How on earth is feeding your own ego NOT considered selfish?

I will wait
Tipping simply for the sake of feeding your ego is a lot of things but selfish isn't one of them.
yeah, no matter the reason I dont see how giving someone extra money can be considered selfish 

You think serving food is a minimum wage caliber profession?

You think any person in America making minimum wage is winning?
You think serving food is a minimum wage caliber profession?

You think any person in America making minimum wage is winning?

You think teachers teaching is a ~30k/yr job?

Making minimum wage is not a question of winning, its a question of living. If you want to be baller status, strive for a better job, if you want to be able to live, yes a minimum wage job can can do that for you.

Again, we aren't directly arguing about wages. We're talking about tipping and how disserving it is.

yeah, no matter the reason I dont see how giving someone extra money can be considered selfish 
Uhm, the same way someone can chase an assist record for selfish reasons. (Brandon Jennings @ McDonald's All America Game)

I find it amazing that yall don't understand how doing something for someone can have selfish undertones/motives

If tipping is selfish. What would keeping the tip money for yourself in a society where gratuity is accepted be considered?

If tipping is selfish. What would keeping the tip money for yourself in a society where gratuity is accepted be considered?
Nah, I said ALL forms of tipping isn't done from a place of love and generosity like the pro tippers are trying to make the act out to be

Uhm, the same way someone can chase an assist record for selfish reasons. (Brandon Jennings @ McDonald's All America Game)

I find it amazing that yall don't understand how doing something for someone can have selfish undertones/motives
or actually I'll agree with you but rephrase my statement.

the action can very well be because of selfishness but that does not diminish the effects of the action.

hypothetically if someone tipped a waiter 5 dollars out of pure selflessness, that action is no different than someone tipping 5 dollars to feel like a better person than people on niketalk.com

So what point are you trying to make?

Either yourself selfish and tip or you're selfish and don't tip?
The point is you tip dudes need to stop acting like you are looking out for some damn workers when you tip. Some of yall don't give a DAMN but are out here telling folks they have no morals

At this point, I'm ready to start tipping horrible service just to remind myself I am a better human being than Zik.

Last edited:

the action can very well be because of selfishness but that does not diminish the effects of the action.

hypothetically if someone tipped a waiter 5 dollars out of pure selflessness, that action is no different than someone tipping 5 dollars to feel like a better person than people on niketalk.com

If you can lie on the internet you don't actually have to do anything.

its like when a company does some charity work, people always try to discredit the company because they are just doing it for the PR. but even if that's true, who cares? they still did a good thing for the community 

The point is you tip dudes need to stop acting like you are looking out for some damn workers when you tip. Some of yall don't give a DAMN but are out here telling folks they have no morals

Ye, if they really gave a damn, they'd be pushing for more fair wages instead.

So what point are you trying to make?

Either yourself selfish and tip or you're selfish and don't tip?

Lmaooooooo these dudes out here running in circles all over 5$ man....I'm about to PayPal every non-tipper broke boy 5$ so that they can hopefully afford to pay it forward

If you can lie on the internet you don't actually have to do anything.
thats true, but whats the point of lying on the internet? impressing people you will never meet in your life? 

Not arguing effect.

I am arguing motivation and how the ACT of tipping doesn't increase your morality rating vs. Someone that did because your motivation might be coming from a place of selfishness

Not arguing effect.

I am arguing motivation and how the ACT of tipping doesn't increase your morality rating vs. Someone that did because your motivation might be coming from a place of selfishness
oh gotcha, yeah i agree

what actions do raise one's moral barometer? 

its like when a company does some charity work, people always try to discredit the company because they are just doing it for the PR. but even if that's true, who cares? they still did a good thing for the community 
So when Hilary Clinton goes to black schools and hits the NeNe, she is fine because she is spending time with poor black kids?

Even though we know she is doing it to promote her brand?

Nah, I said ALL forms of tipping isn't done from a place of love and generosity like the pro tippers are trying to make the act out to be

I got you. I stated other reasons but honestly I tip out of generosity. I eat out at least once a week so I can't see how that would be an ego thing every time. That ego boost would get old pretty quickly. I've worked ****** jobs but would never ever work in the service industry. Looks terrible so I pay it forward. I'm fortunate to be able to go out to nice places in the city now. I think it's just good manners. Not much more to that.

Back
Top Bottom