SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

You guys really are making this way too.complicated lol

Good service = tip
Bad service = no tip

Tipping does not make you a classy person seriously

Tipping doesn't make you classy. This is simply standard. I don't tip if the waiter was rude,etc. NOT tipping cause you're cheap makes you classless AF though.

to the pro-tippers

if you are out with a large group, and one of your friends offers to pay the entire bill out of kindness but doesnt tip.. is he cheap?

My friends and I switch every week. I'll take the full bill one week, he puts in the 15% to 20% tip, vice versa. We always yelp good spots in NY so the service has always been great.
Cheap doesn't mean you don't have wealth. You can be a billionaire and still be cheap AF. If someone is willing to foot the bill, the least the other person can do is leave a tip without even thinking about it.

Yooooo one of my best friends used to stay ordering some water and a side salad or whatever when we would go to dinner but snatch food off of our plates when it came out.

See, the non tippers don't get me upset. But this **** right here? Some cheap **** picking at my food though. Nah, we throwin hands.

Anyhow....
I see we still can't wrap our heads around a fundamental rule of dining out. :nerd:

I have never associated ordering an appetiser without an entree as cheap, I just assume the person is not that hungry 

Now people go out to eat on a full stomach....what's the point of going out TO eat then?...just meet the crew after everyone had dinner or lunch and chill....if I'm not hungry I'm not joining ya to watch ya eat :lol:

filthyjiujitsu filthyjiujitsu yea we didn't like it but he was and still is our boy and we understood that his money was funny. we were young college kids back then. You know how that can be :lol:

I have never associated ordering an appetiser without an entree as cheap, I just assume the person is not that hungry 
Now people go out to eat on a full stomach....what's the point of going out TO eat then?...just meet the crew after everyone had dinner or lunch and chill....if I'm not hungry I'm not joining ya to watch ya eat
laugh.gif
so because you are too cheap to show up to a meal with friends and order something small you are going to judge people who dont order much because they are not hungry for being cheap?

why do you feel the need to be so judgemental? 

Now people go out to eat on a full stomach....what's the point of going out TO eat then?...just meet the crew after everyone had dinner or lunch and chill....if I'm not hungry I'm not joining ya to watch ya eat
laugh.gif
He didn't say FULL stomach, but someone might not be completely hungry. So they get something light.

Also, what if something on an appitizer is more appealing than anything else on the menu for them AT THAT TIME.

Wings

Strips

Siders

Soups

All types of quality foods can be found on the non-entree menu.

Like how are you honestly judging what people are ordering?

@Master Zik

How does the, "You don't tip" conversation go when you are out eating with females for the first time? What is usually their response to that after you explain it to them 
I've never had a female question me directly about not tipping when I go out with them whether we're talking a one on one date or out with a bunch of ppl. Especially if I'm paying.

Never been approached on some how much did you tip :lol: I'd be shocked if a chick had the nerve to check my pockets like that.

There's no conversation really.

Now later down the line it may come up during an ep of Seinfeld or the beginning scenes of Reservoir Dogs but I don't lie and they don't say much in return other than a "You ****** up for that Zik."

I recall one drunk argument with a female friend who use to be a server while we were out with other friends when my boys revealed I didn't tip the bartender though :lol: And you know I aint give a **** then either.

inb4 I date low class females.
Well according to some other non tippers they tip based on service. So what's in it for them is good service (getting their orders right, food promptly, refills, etc.) so would you say they're self centered too?

I mean if you tip as a principle in the belief that it's to help out poor servers regardless of service I can take you thinking I'm self centered.

I agree the card dealers are just doing their job and are getting paid their hourly wage regardless but I can get "superstitious" in a game of poker or blackjack and/or maybe I'm just way more generous with money when I win. One of my few exceptions as far as I know.

yeah but they go in with the intention to tip unless the service is bad but you go in without even the idea of doing so. they are willing to tip a few because they figure the waiter might be busy and won't be able to be so attended.

i tip because most of the time i get good normal service. and imo that deserves a few dollars.

you can apply the same with the servers. lets say you have 'superstitions' about your food would it not be applicable to tip? like i said it just comes off a little self centered because you are only tipping if you are coming out winning with money not so much a good experience
If I did have superstitions about food and was that much of a hypochondriac and germophobe sure I'd probably be tipping benjamins at the same restaurant every time I eat out but I'm not so I don't.

From what I've experienced among other ppl who worry about this with having no intention I free myself of a lot of social pressure and anxieties anyway. Granted that might be self-centered reasoning but the more tipping and not tipping is discussed the more it seems to be about how ppl choose to represent themselves in front of other ppl.

To be clear though, I'm not tipping the dealer every time I win big. Conditions are usually met like being there a few hrs and going up and down with wins and losses, outlasting anybody else at the table, etc.

Last edited:
Naw I always tip bartender, I am with you if you don't want to tip thats ypur prerogative but you gotta tip the bartender he hussles right in front of you.

Ya got me, I won't judge the non-hungry water drinkers anymore, I'm still gonna clown the non-tippers tho

Naw I always tip bartender, I am with you if you don't want to tip thats ypur prerogative but you gotta tip the bartender he hussles right in front of you.
I stick by my view but I can understand if it's a packed house and you order 7 drinks, he manages to hear you, store your order in his head and come through with it that you'll tip him big and all that.

I admittedly am not heavy in bars though.

bartenders should be tipped less than servers

I have NEVER tipped a bartender, like I walk up to where you are standing and you expect a tip for opening a bottle and handing it to me? 

You already know how that **** sounded..:lol:
:lol: Nah I barely said anything about the females in question.

But I knew somebody would read it and come with that jab eventually.

I honestly have not been out and a chick has checked my pockets like that. Again, ESPECIALLY if I'm paying. That's wild ungrateful.

So all those women that didn't I don't see why dudes would assume they're low class. What kind of female asks you if you tipped or how much you tipped? Whose womens are these?

I've never had a female question me directly about not tipping when I go out with them whether we're talking a one on one date or out with a bunch of ppl. Especially if I'm paying.

Never been approached on some how much did you tip :lol: I'd be shocked if a chick had the nerve to check my pockets like that.

There's no conversation really.

Now later down the line it may come up during an ep of Seinfeld or the beginning scenes of Reservoir Dogs but I don't lie and they don't say much in return other than a "You ****** up for that Zik."

I recall one drunk argument with a female friend who use to be a server while we were out with other friends when my boys revealed I didn't tip the bartender though :lol: And you know I aint give a **** then either.

If I did have superstitions about food and was that much of a hypochondriac and germophobe sure I'd probably be tipping benjamins at the same restaurant every time I eat out but I'm not so I don't.

From what I've experienced among other ppl who worry about this with having no intention I free myself of a lot of social pressure and anxieties anyway. Granted that might be self-centered reasoning but the more tipping and not tipping is discussed the more it seems to be about how ppl choose to represent themselves in front of other ppl.

To be clear though, I'm not tipping the dealer every time I win big. Conditions are usually met like being there a few hrs and going up and down with wins and losses, outlasting anybody else at the table, etc.

fair enough bro. hopefully you don't get food poisoning man that **** isnt a joke.

i just feel its kind of funny how you only tip if you get something in return monetarily. the dealer has hardly anything to do with which deck is being given to him/her. playing cards can easily be a game of chance not a game which gives no obstacles if you are a card counter.

I have NEVER tipped a bartender, like I walk up to where you are standing and you expect a tip for opening a bottle and handing it to me? 

You sound game goofy as a mofo dudes don't tip bartenders now?

Swear I heard NYC as a whole just skip a heartbeat.

I honestly have not been out and a chick has checked my pockets like that. Again, ESPECIALLY if I'm paying. That's wild ungrateful.

Not a matter of checking your pockets but you can see what a person puts down when your on a 1 to 1 date. Hung out with sororites in my younger days. All these girls tipped. Why? They were brought up that way. I think they would be as shocked as I am with all this no tipping talk. Maybe it's NYC culture that's immersed in tipping? NT has been the first where I heard such a strict stance on this. It's more eye opening to me than anything.

You sound game goofy as a mofo dudes don't tip bartenders now?
if the reasoning behind tipping waiters is that they bring the food and drinks to you, what is the logic behind tipping someone that you walk up to yourself to receive your beverages? 

A good bartender is like a good barber. If you frequent the same place it's in your best interest to tip them. 

I mean even the most devot non tipper still tips the bartender lol

**** is crazy right? I'm wondering... Maybe most servers/bartenders don't care that much. They just figure there's always gonna be a couple frugal dudes and they factor that in. Gonna ask my service industry friends about non tippers. Serious. :lol:

Last edited:
Dude do you go to dive bars at 2 in afternooon? Any bar come night is packed with loud, pushy people and the bartender is the one running around like a mad man trying to keep everyone happy. Likw zik said if cuz can remember me and the three people next to me complicated orders and makes them with generous alcohol or quick as hell, damn right he gets a tip.

Also unlike servers its proven when you tip on the first round bartenders step they game up next thing you know you got free.shots and generous pours coming your way. Do you even drink bro?

I hardly go to bars and when I did go to bars heavy it was in china where no one tips. 

basically same extortion tactics as waiters spitting in your food, "if you dont pay me extra I wont serve you next time" 

Its really not though. Bartenders work twice as hard as the servers and they never stop going once the sun sets.

Servers have to show something for a tip, bartenders go hard regardless of tip or not

Back
Top Bottom