SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

Its really not though. Bartenders work twice as hard as the servers and they never stop going once the sun sets.

Servers have to show something for a tip, bartenders go hard regardless of tip or not
well yeah, its their job 

Its really not though. Bartenders work twice as hard as the servers and they never stop going once the sun sets.

Servers have to show something for a tip, bartenders go hard regardless of tip or not

Subjective as hell. Not all bars are the same. Not all restaurants are the same. Being on your feet, walking back and fourth with food. Having to smile at returning non tippers. **** can be exhausting.

Last edited:
Subjective as hell. Not all bars are the same. Not all restaurants are the same. Being on your feet, walking back and fourth with food. Having to smile at returning non tippers. **** can be exhausting.

I was server in a few places college is it trying yeah, but the bartender had more **** on they plate. All I did was bring the ****T they prepared same as the cooks.

Being a waiter was some the easiest jobs I had. From catering for the Hilton Francisco to random bistros in Soma them ***** allowed me to get high, eat free food and collect cash for doing not a whole lot. Yeah I waa on my feet the whole shift, but **** I did same unloading trucks and that **** wore me out. The way people tipped me hey I loved it but alll I did was take your order and bring it

I've never had a female question me directly about not tipping when I go out with them whether we're talking a one on one date or out with a bunch of ppl. Especially if I'm paying.

Never been approached on some how much did you tip :lol: I'd be shocked if a chick had the nerve to check my pockets like that.

There's no conversation really.

Now later down the line it may come up during an ep of Seinfeld or the beginning scenes of Reservoir Dogs but I don't lie and they don't say much in return other than a "You ****** up for that Zik."

I recall one drunk argument with a female friend who use to be a server while we were out with other friends when my boys revealed I didn't tip the bartender though :lol: And you know I aint give a **** then either.

inb4 I date low class females.
If I did have superstitions about food and was that much of a hypochondriac and germophobe sure I'd probably be tipping benjamins at the same restaurant every time I eat out but I'm not so I don't.

From what I've experienced among other ppl who worry about this with having no intention I free myself of a lot of social pressure and anxieties anyway. Granted that might be self-centered reasoning but the more tipping and not tipping is discussed the more it seems to be about how ppl choose to represent themselves in front of other ppl.

To be clear though, I'm not tipping the dealer every time I win big. Conditions are usually met like being there a few hrs and going up and down with wins and losses, outlasting anybody else at the table, etc.

fair enough bro. hopefully you don't get food poisoning man that **** isnt a joke.

i just feel its kind of funny how you only tip if you get something in return monetarily. the dealer has hardly anything to do with which deck is being given to him/her. playing cards can easily be a game of chance not a game which gives no obstacles if you are a card counter.
It's why I'm super selective with where I eat. Some go to Caribbean spots aside I don't just be venturing up and down NYC any time I want to eat out.

I've got food poisoning once and that was from a bad McChicken, had it coming out of both ends for 10 days straight so I know those pains but again it kinda shows you what kind of despicable scumbags that don't deserve a dime from me if they're willing to purposely tamper with my food cuz they know I don't tip. Self entitled douche bags like that deserve to die.

As far as tipping dealers, like I said superstition + really good winning mood = more generous with money.

And nah, wouldn't consider counting unless I was in a bad way. I thoroughly enjoy gambling. Not just the winning but the losing as well.
bartenders should be tipped less than servers

I have NEVER tipped a bartender, like I walk up to where you are standing and you expect a tip for opening a bottle and handing it to me? 

Swear I heard NYC as a whole just skip a heartbeat.

I honestly have not been out and a chick has checked my pockets like that. Again, ESPECIALLY if I'm paying. That's wild ungrateful.

Not a matter of checking your pockets but you can see what a person puts down when your on a 1 to 1 date. Hung out with sororites in my younger days. All these girls tipped. Why? They were brought up that way. I think they would be as shocked as I am with all this no tipping talk. Maybe it's NYC culture that's immersed in tipping? NT has been the first where I heard such a strict stance on this. It's more eye opening to me than anything.
I usually pay with a card but even when I do pay with cash a chick would have to be watching my hands hard and ignoring conversation to even tell if I tipped or not.

I don't think it's just a NYC thing. They're not tipping everywhere in America. More of an overall change. Europe has done phased out tipping, they barely tip in most of Asia.

Once these establishments start banning it more and more it'll lose all of it's stigma. Waiting until we get to a point where servers are insulted when a customer leaves a tip :smokin

Last edited:
It's why I'm super selective with where I eat. Some go to Caribbean spots aside I don't just be venturing up and down NYC any time I want to eat out.

I've got food poisoning once and that was from a bad McChicken had it coming out of both ends for 10 days straight so I know those pains but again it kinda shows you what kind of despicable scumbags that don't deserve a dime from me if they're willing to purposely tamper with my food cuz they know I don't tip. Self entitled douche bags like that deserve to die.

As far as tipping dealers, like I said superstition + really good winning mood = more generous with money.

And nah, wouldn't consider counting unless I was in a bad way. I thoroughly enjoy gambling. Not just the winning but the losing as well.
I usually pay with a card but even when I do pay with cash a chick would have to be watching my hands hard and ignoring conversation to even tell if I tipped or not.

I don't think it's just a NYC thing. They're not tipping everywhere in America. More of an overall change. Europe has done phased out tipping, they barely tip in most of Asia.

Once these establishments start banning it more and more it'll lose all of it's stigma. Waiting until we get to a point where servers are insulted when a customer leaves a tip :smokin

Cheap folks bout to flourish bro, what a time to be alive.

This **** is getting out of hand. I just picked up some chilli fries and a coney dog from a spot by my job and when I swiped it popped up would u like to leave a tip. The whole time the lady ringing it up looking in my eyes. I pushed the big red no so quick. Like ***** what did u do? Ring me up and look cute? Nah, hand me that bag tho.

As far as this bartender or servers, I'd give it to the bartender.

You just have to be in a club or bar on a packed night, maybe a few times in a row, and see the one lone bartender making drinks cuz somebody didn't show up or came in late with 30 ppl yelling orders. It's legit a one man show. You're looking at them like damn son needs some help. Most do it with a smile on their face even if they're sweating cuz they know on nights like that they're making bank (and they might be high on coke). It's mad easier to sympathize with somebody toiling away while you have a good time laughing it up.

Just might be a culture thing on top of the logic for sea manup. If you grow up in a culture where nobody tips and it's simply everybody works for a wage, nobody accepts handouts you'd be wondering why in America all these ppl get given extra money for doing what they're suppose to do.

This **** is getting out of hand. I just picked up some chilli fries and a coney dog from a spot by my job and when I swiped it popped up would u like to leave a tip. The whole time the lady ringing it up looking in my eyes. I pushed the big red no so quick. Like ***** what did u do? Ring me up and look cute? Nah, hand me that bag tho.

I feel you bro, certain spots are way out of hand asking for a tip....same when I pick up food somewhere and the receipt has a tip space, gladly cross it out :lol:

I feel you bro, certain spots are way out of hand asking for a tip....same when I pick up food somewhere and the receipt has a tip space, gladly cross it out :lol:
Blew my mind. It popped up before it said credit or debit. Like would u like to leave a tip?

I'm with the change if it actually happens here in NY. I don't see it happening though, especially at the go to spots.
Europe has always had a no tipping stance as far as I know though. (From visiting first time in 2003).

Last edited:
As far as this bartender or servers, I'd give it to the bartender.

You just have to be in a club or bar on a packed night, maybe a few times in a row, and see the one lone bartender making drinks cuz somebody didn't show up or came in late with 30 ppl yelling orders. It's legit a one man show. You're looking at them like damn son needs some help. Most do it with a smile on their face even if they're sweating cuz they know on nights like that they're making bank (and they might be high on coke). It's mad easier to sympathize with somebody toiling away while you have a good time laughing it up.

Just might be a culture thing on top of the logic for sea manup. If you grow up in a culture where nobody tips and it's simply everybody works for a wage, nobody accepts handouts you'd be wondering why in America all these ppl get given extra money for doing what they're suppose to do.

Here in Dubai people don't leave tips its just not done culturally

EXCEPT for the bartender lol he's always tipped

to be fair I never really go out in canada, never been to a club/bar where the bartender was super busy and hustling around all night 

so for me I dont understand walking up to a guy just chillin, getting him to open a beer for me and expecting me to pay him extra money 

Blew my mind. It popped up before it said credit or debit. Like would u like to leave a tip?

Yea it's a tip option for the coffee shop I got to when I paid. One of those iPad apps that's been popping up everywhere from the coffee shop to the kids bouncy place I go to.
Definitely weird for that.

I feel you bro, certain spots are way out of hand asking for a tip....same when I pick up food somewhere and the receipt has a tip space, gladly cross it out
laugh.gif
sometimes its just the default setting on the machine and they leave it there incase some one misclicks into tipping

cant me mad at the hustle 
laugh.gif

They probably will, won't make it wrong though.

Care to answer?:

to the pro-tippers

if you are out with a large group, and one of your friends offers to pay the entire bill out of kindness but doesnt tip.. is he cheap?

Na, because if that happens then the rest of us cover the tip.

How would someone be considered cheap for paying for everyone's meal?

Interesting.....

Big changes are coming to the restaurant industry in 2016, when a series of new regulations will kick in and force owners to rethink their business models. To cope, many restaurateurs are turning to a no-tipping model that will also see menu prices rise accordingly. Danny Meyer may be the most notable member of the group, but he's hardly alone. To keep track of who's taking the plunge, Grub Street will keep this post updated as more owners (inevitably) adopt the practice.

Annisa
The West Village restaurant went service-included and upped menu prices by 25 to 28 percent, though the seven-course tasting menu is up 35 percent to $155.

http://www.grubstreet.com/2015/12/all-nyc-restaurants-no-tipping.html

If this catches on. Some dudes are gonna be HURTING when the check comes.

Last edited:

Yea it's a tip option for the coffee shop I got to when I paid. One of those iPad apps that's been popping up everywhere from the coffee shop to the kids bouncy place I go to.
Definitely weird for that.
I look at that as just a tech advanced equivalent of when I go to the supermarket and there's this plastic container marked tips/change for the customers to dump their change in to after buying groceries.

It's used in frequently by ppl who don't value nickels, pennies, and dimes and the generous $1 offer and that money is usually just there all day at each cashier. Making it digital though is like money sight unseen. I can see balking at that.

Interesting.....

Big changes are coming to the restaurant industry in 2016, when a series of new regulations will kick in and force owners to rethink their business models. To cope, many restaurateurs are turning to a no-tipping model that will also see menu prices rise accordingly. Danny Meyer may be the most notable member of the group, but he's hardly alone. To keep track of who's taking the plunge, Grub Street will keep this post updated as more owners (inevitably) adopt the practice.

Annisa
The West Village restaurant went service-included and upped menu prices by 25 to 28 percent, though the seven-course tasting menu is up 35 percent to $155.

progress 
pimp.gif

We about to be paying a 35% tip equivalent right off the bat and these poor servers are still gonna be struggling to make ends meet :lol: progress alright...

They probably will, won't make it wrong though.

Care to answer?:

to the pro-tippers

if you are out with a large group, and one of your friends offers to pay the entire bill out of kindness but doesnt tip.. is he cheap?

Na, because if that happens then the rest of us cover the tip.

How would someone be considered cheap for paying for everyone's meal?
Well a few ppl have continually said non tippers don't tip specifically cuz they're cheap. That it's cheapness at the core of why they don't tip.

Now I've been out with ppl and covered the entire bill in the past and I know I'll do it again in the future. Before that I even made it clear I wouldn't mind it if the cost of the food was raised so that all servers could be properly paid but it's ignored. It's why that cheap label don't really phase me. I aint ever tipping though.

It was only until after a few times I covered the bill my boys realized even then I wasn't tipping that they'd kick in like you brought up :lol:

Interesting.....

Annisa

Not up on this one but I've been reading and seeing reports on the news about other NYC restaurants banning tipping and restructuring their business which I feel is a good thing. If this too results in employees getting paid a proper wage (especially with competing with an upcoming $15 hr min wage for fast food workers) I am 100% for it :smokin

It's really how it always should've been.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom