SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

wait you looking down upon people who just order water now?

quitting drinking anything except for water at restaurants was one of the healthiest life choices I have made
I am still waiting for an answer here.

I just only drink water. It isn't because I am trying to be cheap, but I just order and only drink water.

There are people that I have known for years that have never seen me drink anything other than water.

I have just never been in a situation where I have been with a group and we asked for one bill and have to tip as a group. so apologies for not understanding how that works in america.
yeah its all good i know it's different customs since it's different countries. there are different ways of going about it since how the system is set up. that's why i try to carry enough cash if i do go without a group.
so in america, if you pay by card, do most people leave a cash tip or just write the tip on the receipt? 

How you think it's all good though?
Like you going out to eat and you KNOW you not going to tip?

quitting drinking anything except for water at restaurants was one of the healthiest life choices I have made

I just only drink water. It isn't because I am trying to be cheap, but I just order and only drink water.

There are people that I have known for years that have never seen me drink anything other than water.
dude thinks he's better than water drinkers because he orders a diet coke 

where did he say that?

she dines with that group of friends from time to time.

are you implying that she should only dine with people who share the same lifestyle choices. no surprise coming from you 

He said every time she goes out she watches her portions and doesn't drink while all her friends drink and order lots of food, this is something DC said, not me.

Never tipping is the normal for me. So no intention to cuz I usually don't see a reason in most circumstances.

Not the server, barber, bellboy, cleaning ppl, etc.

There are however rare instances like I mentioned before where after winning a great deal I'll tip the dealer anywhere from $20 to $50 depending on my winnings.

This has mostly been about servers in restaurants though. I aint never got banned from nowhere or in to huge arguments with the staff. If foul things were done to my food I obviously would not know.

i just get the impression that you can be really self-centered since you are only tipping if there is something in it for you. but i might be wrong. those card dealers are just doing their job not really there to entertain you imo. at least not in the sense where the server is there to refill drinks and running food to you. but hey do you man

where did he say that?

she dines with that group of friends from time to time.

are you implying that she should only dine with people who share the same lifestyle choices. no surprise coming from you 
He said every time she goes out she watches her portions and doesn't drink while all her friends drink and order lots of food, this is something DC said, not me.
yes, every time she goes out with that group of friends

but he didnt say she goes out with that group of friends every time.

reading comprehension 

I never said THAT specific group is the ONLY group she goes out with Steezy

How you think it's all good though?
Like you going out to eat and you KNOW you not going to tip?
For as long as I have been going out to eat it has not been a requirement. It took tv and movies for me to get a firm grasp of ppl expecting tips and at that point it just seemed like a bunch of entitled *** holes expecting me to pay them for doing their job.

Then I got put on to the black ppl don't tip stereotype a.k.a. black ppl are expected not to tip. Started paying closer attention to service and how some of these ppl operate. So it was like not only are yall entitled but yall will do your jobs poorly based on race.

Sure my friends use to joke about it but can't do that when I pay the whole damn bill. Now the jokes about how you spend this much money but refuse to tip.

I can live with that.

to the pro-tippers

if you are out with a large group, and one of your friends offers to pay the entire bill out of kindness but doesnt tip.. is he cheap? 

I've honestly never even associated ordering water at a restaurant with being frugal. I don't do it to save money, It's just what I drink the most.

Like 100s of gallons ahead of anything else. If I'm not ordering water then it's alcohol and I'm not always in the mood for that.

Never tipping is the normal for me. So no intention to cuz I usually don't see a reason in most circumstances.

Not the server, barber, bellboy, cleaning ppl, etc.

There are however rare instances like I mentioned before where after winning a great deal I'll tip the dealer anywhere from $20 to $50 depending on my winnings.

This has mostly been about servers in restaurants though. I aint never got banned from nowhere or in to huge arguments with the staff. If foul things were done to my food I obviously would not know.

i just get the impression that you can be really self-centered since you are only tipping if there is something in it for you. but i might be wrong. those card dealers are just doing their job not really there to entertain you imo. at least not in the sense where the server is there to refill drinks and running food to you. but hey do you man
Well according to some other non tippers they tip based on service. So what's in it for them is good service (getting their orders right, food promptly, refills, etc.) so would you say they're self centered too?

I mean if you tip as a principle in the belief that it's to help out poor servers regardless of service I can take you thinking I'm self centered.

I agree the card dealers are just doing their job and are getting paid their hourly wage regardless but I can get "superstitious" in a game of poker or blackjack and/or maybe I'm just way more generous with money when I win. One of my few exceptions as far as I know.

to the pro-tippers

if you are out with a large group, and one of your friends offers to pay the entire bill out of kindness but doesnt tip.. is he cheap? 

Naw because if he's covering the bill then I'm covering the tip. He's already being gracious enough to cover the bill.

My best friend and I... We had dinner and our families were with us. Ended up being 4 adults and like 6 kids. I told him I was covering the bill. I hardly see him these days. He automatically said he has the tip covered then.
Exchange nods and that was that.

to the pro-tippers

In that case we then pay forward his generosity with a hefty ***** TIP.....I mean is not that complicated.

@Master Zik

How does the, "You don't tip" conversation go when you are out eating with females for the first time? What is usually their response to that after you explain it to them 

to the pro-tippers

If he's going to pay, I would expect him to tip.
One of your friends deciding to pick up the whole tip shouldn't lead to a sever getting stiffed.

It would also be great if the group that's getting a tree meal to cover the tip.

Last edited:
I've honestly never even associated ordering water at a restaurant with being frugal. I don't do it to save money, It's just what I drink the most.
Like 100s of gallons ahead of anything else. If I'm not ordering water then it's alcohol and I'm not always in the mood for that.

I drink water myself....ya gonna ignore the appetizer part to replace an entree tho

One of your friends deciding to pick up the whole tip shouldn't lead to a sever getting stiffed.
I always thought it was the other way around.

If someone is going to cover the bill, everyone else takes care of the tip.

I have the same approach with GROUPON usage.

Whoever is "sharing" the groupon doesn't have to pay the "balance + tip."

@Master Zik

How does the, "You don't tip" conversation go when you are out eating with females for the first time? What is usually their response to that after you explain it to them 

You should interview people for a living....you love to ask questions and pose scenarios....you never like to answer when people question you tho....

Well according to some other non tippers they tip based on service. So what's in it for them is good service (getting their orders right, food promptly, refills, etc.) so would you say they're self centered too?

I mean if you tip as a principle in the belief that it's to help out poor servers regardless of service I can take you thinking I'm self centered.

I agree the card dealers are just doing their job and are getting paid their hourly wage regardless but I can get "superstitious" in a game of poker or blackjack and/or maybe I'm just way more generous with money when I win. One of my few exceptions as far as I know.

yeah but they go in with the intention to tip unless the service is bad but you go in without even the idea of doing so. they are willing to tip a few because they figure the waiter might be busy and won't be able to be so attended.

i tip because most of the time i get good normal service. and imo that deserves a few dollars.

you can apply the same with the servers. lets say you have 'superstitions' about your food would it not be applicable to tip? like i said it just comes off a little self centered because you are only tipping if you are coming out winning with money not so much a good experience

I always thought it was the other way around.

If someone is going to cover the bill, everyone else takes care of the tip.

I have the same approach with GROUPON usage.

Whoever is "sharing" the groupon doesn't have to pay the "balance + tip."

I agree. I added this to my post.
The group not paying should offer to tip,

But you asking questions bout scenarios that not supposed to be happening.

I drink water myself....ya gonna ignore the appetizer part to replace an entree tho
I have never associated ordering an appetiser without an entree as cheap, I just assume the person is not that hungry 

Back
Top Bottom