like the things u get in elementary for lunch
when i bought cookies
i headed to the grocery store to buy something else
and happened to walk past the cookie isle
and was still fiending for more cookies
and happened to see them
so i continued to shop
and dip the cookies in my milk until my milk was gone

He's leaving out the part where he admits to not even paying for the cookies, which is what makes it pathetic.

How you think opening up a box of cookies, eating some and then throwing them back up on the shelf is acceptable, is beyond me.

So what is it about waiting that makes you guys feel so strongly about tipping them?

Please answer.

There are so many more services rendered daily that deserve tips that you guys don't even think about.

Do you tip your mechanic?

Landlord?

Mailman?

Garbage man?

Security guard?

How is that tacky
If it’s my money

yes, (morally) tacky

if 2 different places sell widgets:

establishment 1 charges $15, the going rate

establishment 2 charges $10, but is only able to offer the lower price because the customer tips the staff, therefore lowering overhead for the owner

if YOU the customer take advantage of the lower price but wont hold up your end of the deal...its tacky, douchy, assholish, whatever

you cant say it doesnt happen in your state because its not always under minimum wage. were talking about underpaid in general and none of us can speak for all owners

So what is it about waiting that makes you guys feel so strongly about tipping them?

Please answer.

There are so many more services rendered daily that deserve tips that you guys don't even think about.

Landlord?

Mailman?

Garbage man?

Security guard?
Barbers
Starbucks
Valet
Taco truck
Lyft and Uber
People at hotels
Massage places

Please answer.

Landlord?

Mailman?

Garbage man?

Security guard?

apples to oranges

there are some jobs that are SOLEY paid off tips

some are also underpaid and tips compensate the missing portion

none of the jobs you listed are those types of jobs

its arguments like those that’ll make the whole convo turn stupid

Please answer.

Landlord?

Mailman?

Garbage man?

Security guard?

My mailman/garbage men are taken care of during the holidays, I feel like that's pretty normal.

I'll throw them drinks if I catch them during the summer but that's pretty rare.

I don't see why taking care of people who take care of you is frowned upon by some people in this thread.

I'm also extremely curious as to how females react to this whole "I don't tip" thing.

Do any of you non tippers have stories?

Back
Top Bottom