SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

My best friend was a waiter, so I understand firsthand the industry provides many folks like single mothers a flexible work schedule.
The restaurant industry has lobbied for unlivable hourly wages below $3 an hour, so tipping is crucial to a waiter being able to live. Also, bad service could be beyond the waiter's control if a cook or another waiter has called out for the day.

My rules - Bad Service - 15%
Good/Great Service - 20%

Personally I wish tipping was eliminated, restaurant prices increased and staff were paid a standard livable wage. Research has consistently shown that we do not tip because of the quality of the service, we tip because of the personality and likability of the waiter.

Stop being cheap.
All that unlivable wage crap in null and void in ca though.......

Last time I went to the strip club and ordered 8 shots they said 20% was automatically included in the bill :x Probably would've only tipped like $5-10 instead of the $20+ they included. Like I wasn't already throwing enough one dollar bills around :smh:

But I mean, I shared this in another thread... I ordered a few drinks for myself and two friends at a bar one night. I had $18 cash on me. Told myself if the tab was $18 I'm not leaving a tip. Just out of convenience for myself and I'd tip next time. Well, it was exactly $18 so I didn't tip. Then my friends acted like I had just murdered someone. And my one friend took his food he was eating and moved to the end of the bar to eat away from me. Like I was the scum of the earth. They were trippin' hard over nothing IMO.

Scumbag Henny couldn't pull an extra few bucks from his JE hoody.

I tipped the pizza man $5 yesterday. Fam had to walk through the rain and up 3 flights of stairs :\

Delivery

Last time I went to the strip club and ordered 8 shots they said 20% was automatically included in the bill :x Probably would've only tipped like $5-10 instead of the $20+ they included. Like I wasn't already throwing enough one dollar bills around :smh:

But I mean, I shared this in another thread... I ordered a few drinks for myself and two friends at a bar one night. I had $18 cash on me. Told myself if the tab was $18 I'm not leaving a tip. Just out of convenience for myself and I'd tip next time. Well, it was exactly $18 so I didn't tip. Then my friends acted like I had just murdered someone. And my one friend took his food he was eating and moved to the end of the bar to eat away from me. Like I was the scum of the earth. They were trippin' hard over nothing IMO.

Scumbag Henny couldn't pull an extra few bucks from his JE hoody.

I was out of cash. Do I really deserve to be judged in this situation when I regularly tip 20%? Apparently one time not tipping is enough to be condemned by your closest friends :lol:

Yes I had my credit card on me and could've used that. But I chose to spend the remaining cash I had instead. I paid for my drinks.

Last edited:
Lmao Henny your friends petty for that :rofl: You seem like a cool dude. If they found it THAT rude one of them could've def threw an extra couple dollars to your tip.Scumbags :lol: :smh:

I do pick up Thai food a lot from this place right below where I live. I never leave a tip since I'm picking it up. One time I got a wonton soup with no wontons. You think they're trying to send me a message or was that an honest mistake :nerd: I confronted them about the next time I went down there but they didn't understand me and just thought I was trying to order another wonton soup when I was really just getting sushi that time. Employees too FOBy or maybe they were pretending like they didn't understand.

Last edited:
Why tip bad service though? I seen dude post earlier how bad service gets 15% and good service 20%. Damn. Only a 5% difference if you get above and beyond service as opposed to garbage service though lol.

But tipping bad service enables bad habits on the servers part and gives them a mindset of thinking they can half *** at times because customers will tip regardless due to the pressure of social norms. Tipping bad service is rewarding bad behavior.

man I get stuck, I always pay with card and when I pickup food / togo I hate getting the receipt back and it saying "tip" ... at times I put like $5 but as of late I've been living that savage life and be putting $0 :evil:

:rofl:

A lot of you guys sound maladjusted. As if you weren't raised right, entitled. Like it or not. Tipping is ingrained in American culture. Obviously, you don't go to any classy joints so there's a disconnect in proper manners for some of you. You don't have to leave a huge tip or get crazy like the dude tipping 60%. If you're really gonna miss that average tip, you can't afford the meal. It's a packaged deal. (This is coming from someone who would never work in the service industry)
If you still can't comprehend that, don't be a ****** and go back to the same joint unless you are willing to eat the "house special sauce".

All you non tippers come from low income house holds am i rite? Single mothers probably. No man thats making decent money teaches these type of values to their children, i refuse to believe it.

Theres a lot of things "you shouldnt have to" do but you do it anyways so you don't present yourself as a scumbag, *******. Yall sound 3 years old talking about i dont wanna and i shouldnt have to. All you clowns are petty and have poverty in your blood stream.

Last edited:
i don't get why it bothers ppl so much that others don't tip but y'all not mad at having to subsidize worker wages over an industry being too cheap lo like who are you really demonizing here. I'm an avid tipper if that matters to you xtra classy dudes :lol:

I only read the beginning but I find it funny when OPs go with the IDGAF, I could care less vibe...after starting a post about it.

if you really dgaf why you making a thread? :rofl:

That idea of "if you don't tip, stay home and stick to McDonalds, you can't afford to eat" is very judgemental and pompous.

Tipping isn't something which ones moral character should be judged off of.

Meh, I was always taught, if you go to a place, and you sit down to eat, and they bring you your food, and drinks. Tipping is part of the deal. Depending on service of course.

Telling people that don't want to tip, or can't afford to tip to go to McDonald's, seems like reasonable advice IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
All you non tippers come from low income house holds am i rite? Single mothers probably. No man thats making decent money teaches these type of values to their children, i refuse to believe it.

Theres a lot of things "you shouldnt have to" do but you do it anyways so you don't present yourself as a scumbag, *******. Yall sound 3 years old talking about i dont wanna and i shouldnt have to. All you clowns are petty and have poverty in your blood stream.

i don't get why it bothers ppl so much that others don't tip but y'all not mad at having to subsidize worker wages over an industry being too cheap lo like who are you really demonizing here. I'm an avid tipper if that matters to you xtra classy dudes :lol:

This. I really think some people do it for validation more than anything. I tip because good service is appreciated, but I'm not going to label someone as a scumbag just because they don't tip.

Servers are doing just fine. Especially in states like Cali where they get minimum wage plus tips. If they're decent at their job, more times than not they'll get tipped accordingly. For every Zik or Naughtyhare who don't believe in tipping, it's 8 customers that do and the law of averages tend to play themselves out.

Meh, I was always taught, if you go to a place, and you sit down to eat, and they bring you your food, and drinks. Tipping is part of the deal.

Telling people that don't want to tip, or can't afford to tip to go to McDonald's, seems like reasonable advice IMO.
Where do you clowns get this crap from so brainwashed.. its amazing that people just accept tipping beacause there told too... And can we stop with this lie that business owners can't afford to pay there workers

Meh, I was always taught, if you go to a place, and you sit down to eat, and they bring you your food, and drinks. Tipping is part of the deal.

I was taught the same thing growing up but the older I've gotten I stopped tipping below average service.

I really don't think tipping and someones financial situation go hand in hand though. Michael Jordan is a notoriously bad tipper, Scottie Pippen had the nickname No tipping Pippen. It's folks who can easily afford the meal but don't tip for whatever reason. For me personally though, unless it's blatantly being done to be vindictive on the customers part, I don't see how much a person tips or doesn't tip as something I'd judge them off of either way.

as far as tipping on take out, as ridiculous as it seems I have done on occasion. especially places that I frequent.
yeah i do it at a local fish place because i pick up all the time. 

it just seems right. 

but its never the standard 15-20%

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom