So I just rolled my ankle

Stretching out your ankle 2-3 days after a bad sprain feels great. Its not really pain, its more of a...well I cant really explain it. Just feels good.

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

Originally Posted by moneymike88

How the hell do i treat this? It happened about 3 hours ago. One of the dudes playing there laced my sneaker up really tight to keep down the swelling but I was afraid that it would cut off circulation to my foot and make matters worse. Now I'm having a harder time walking and the swelling has just about doubled. I'm icing now but I want to know what else I should do
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you must not play sports get hurt much huh?

There you go.

How the hell do i treat this? It happened about 3 hours ago. One of the dudes playing there laced my sneaker up really tight to keep down the swelling but I was afraid that it would cut off circulation to my foot and make matters worse. Now I'm having a harder time walking and the swelling has just about doubled. I'm icing now but I want to know what else I should do
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

There you go.

ankle rotations...time in water...either pool or bath...instead of icing you can try ten minute ice baths in a bucket of ice water. Just your foot and ankle of course. Like previously said dont baby it, after the swelling has gone down and you can move around on it...do light agility drills. and wear some sort of ankle brace in the future.  The Muellers that lace up like a shoe work best for me. Once you have tweekd your ankle...its usually a reoccuring thing.  Every time you sprain something you tear ligaments and possibly fracture bones. This builds scar tissue.  Torn ligaments usually dont heal right and the scar tissue constrict movement. After 3 severe sprains...I needed orthoscopic surgery to remove fractures and scar tissue.

ankle rotations...time in water...either pool or bath...instead of icing you can try ten minute ice baths in a bucket of ice water. Just your foot and ankle of course. Like previously said dont baby it, after the swelling has gone down and you can move around on it...do light agility drills. and wear some sort of ankle brace in the future.  The Muellers that lace up like a shoe work best for me. Once you have tweekd your ankle...its usually a reoccuring thing.  Every time you sprain something you tear ligaments and possibly fracture bones. This builds scar tissue.  Torn ligaments usually dont heal right and the scar tissue constrict movement. After 3 severe sprains...I needed orthoscopic surgery to remove fractures and scar tissue.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

There you go.

how do you play basketball or football and have never suffered a ankle injury
it happens to everyone regardless of how careful you are

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

There you go.

how do you play basketball or football and have never suffered a ankle injury
it happens to everyone regardless of how careful you are

Damn, it just hit me after reading this that ankle sprains mean nothing to me anymore. Sit out that game, see if I can run with whoever's got next, or just hop in the net game if my team won. :/

Actually rolled my ankle Sunday (just tweaked it) and didn't even miss a beat.
laugh.gif

Wonder why that is. Because I definitely remember telling people 'Nah, I can't man. Sprained my ankle yesterday' like 10 years ago. Now? Stay off of it a good half hour or so and I'm good.

Damn, it just hit me after reading this that ankle sprains mean nothing to me anymore. Sit out that game, see if I can run with whoever's got next, or just hop in the net game if my team won. :/

Actually rolled my ankle Sunday (just tweaked it) and didn't even miss a beat.
laugh.gif

Wonder why that is. Because I definitely remember telling people 'Nah, I can't man. Sprained my ankle yesterday' like 10 years ago. Now? Stay off of it a good half hour or so and I'm good.

Suck it up. I do that about once a month playing ball. Why do I always land on someone elses foot. smh

Suck it up. I do that about once a month playing ball. Why do I always land on someone elses foot. smh

Back
Top Bottom