SO I JUST TOOK A FLU SHOT COMBINED WITH AN H1N1 SHOT...

Originally Posted by biff lawson

they gonna talk about it soon...just wait.

Flu shot is required for work and i got the memo last week saying that it now contains H1N1 stuff...not to thrilled

that worries me 
eyes.gif

Flu shot is required for work and i got the memo last week saying that it now contains H1N1 stuff...not to thrilled

that worries me 
eyes.gif

You should be worried about becoming immortal. Do you REALLY want to live forever?

You should be worried about becoming immortal. Do you REALLY want to live forever?

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

that worries me 
eyes.gif
last year they offered two separate shots...and the H1N1 was optional I passed on that. we supposed to have a meeting this week to talk
about it more. 
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

that worries me 
eyes.gif
last year they offered two separate shots...and the H1N1 was optional I passed on that. we supposed to have a meeting this week to talk
about it more. 
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by r33p04s

as best as my memory serves I've never had a flu shot... never understood why people ran out for it every year simple precautions seem to work fairly well and when I have caught the flu/cold it's nothing more than sneezing runny nose and watery eyes for a few days... hit it with some vitamin C and it's all better

the virus gets stronger and immune to those vaccines every year so you're done anyways so why not just suck it up and let you're God given immune system handle it?
A runny nose and watery eyes isn't the flu - you've just had a minor cold which happens to most people a couple of times a year.

I get a flu shot because it costs me about $15 and saves me having a week off work - I'm self employed so wouldn't want that and who wants 3 or 4 days of that terrible chills and fever thing?

The companies who make the vaccine each year spend a lot of time choosing the strain that will be in it - usually 3 strains which they think are going to be the ones that will commonly affect people. You're right that the virus changes over time - but that's why they change the vaccine and why you need a new one each year. The vaccine is only parts of the shell of the virus too so you can't be infected from it - any discomfort is just due to being injected with something.

I've had the shot every year for the last 5 and I haven't had a single bout of flu in that time - before that I had a good bout every couple of years which was just miserable.

Originally Posted by r33p04s

as best as my memory serves I've never had a flu shot... never understood why people ran out for it every year simple precautions seem to work fairly well and when I have caught the flu/cold it's nothing more than sneezing runny nose and watery eyes for a few days... hit it with some vitamin C and it's all better

the virus gets stronger and immune to those vaccines every year so you're done anyways so why not just suck it up and let you're God given immune system handle it?
A runny nose and watery eyes isn't the flu - you've just had a minor cold which happens to most people a couple of times a year.

I get a flu shot because it costs me about $15 and saves me having a week off work - I'm self employed so wouldn't want that and who wants 3 or 4 days of that terrible chills and fever thing?

The companies who make the vaccine each year spend a lot of time choosing the strain that will be in it - usually 3 strains which they think are going to be the ones that will commonly affect people. You're right that the virus changes over time - but that's why they change the vaccine and why you need a new one each year. The vaccine is only parts of the shell of the virus too so you can't be infected from it - any discomfort is just due to being injected with something.

I've had the shot every year for the last 5 and I haven't had a single bout of flu in that time - before that I had a good bout every couple of years which was just miserable.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by dalilboy

Rip

basically...

jk you'll be fine. influenza shots contain killed viruses....so i've been told.

any vaccine contains a small "active" strain of the virus.
vaccines are stupid as !+!%... I can't believe they gave out HIV vaccines.

Rip

basically...

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Rip

basically...

Viruses aren't technically alive anyway - and the vaccine only contains part of the capsid of the virus - think that's the technical term for the outer part. It's enough for your body to recognise it and start to produce antibodies.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Rip

basically...

Viruses aren't technically alive anyway - and the vaccine only contains part of the capsid of the virus - think that's the technical term for the outer part. It's enough for your body to recognise it and start to produce antibodies.

This year they included the Flu shot w/ the H1N1. The hospital I work @ made it mandatory this year for everyone to get one. Not really a big deal. Last year was 2 separate shots.

This year they included the Flu shot w/ the H1N1. The hospital I work @ made it mandatory this year for everyone to get one. Not really a big deal. Last year was 2 separate shots.

every vaccine has the virus in it it's fighting against. it's injected in you so your body so you can develop the antibodies to fight it.

every vaccine has the virus in it it's fighting against. it's injected in you so your body so you can develop the antibodies to fight it.

Why did u come and ask NT instead of asking the doctor while you were there?

The stupid things that people do

Why did u come and ask NT instead of asking the doctor while you were there?

The stupid things that people do

Back
Top Bottom