So I was telling my black dominican cousins that they were African....

Originally Posted by malcmoney

africans werent just shipped to north america

majority of slaves from africa were shipped to what is now known as "latin america". Probably somewhere around like 85-90% . This thread is about a garbage issue that is a reaction to a set out plan. The responses in this thread are evidence that what someone sought out to do (divide and conquer) worked in the past and for some odd reason still works hundreds of years later. It's 2011 and people still can't realize that we all have been had by our "educators". Race is a myth and the faster people stop dealing with the distraction, humanity can tackle the real issues that plague us all and that is ignorance of the true nature of things. 

African Dominicans lulz when it comes down to it if u are a dark skinned Hispanic your dominant gene is African. Ninja Hood himself looks mixed but he has African features that stand out. Embrace it my dude cause it's what u are. It's sad cause I have so many relatives that are so racist against African Americans but even worst hatians that cross over to dr to work like slaves.

I am not looking to strip anyone of their culture. And I am not looking to use NH as some kind of example. People deserve more respect than that. But to pretend like the DR is some kind of safe-haven for all cultures where all people from all backgrounds co-existed in perfect harmony is dumb and inaccurate. It's about being self-aware of your ancestors and the role they played in the society in which they grew up. Modern attitudes and a sense of unity is one thing. History is another. You don't have to ignore history to celebrate what you share now.

Originally Posted by scshift

Why does it matter so much that they have to be called black?

I mean, even if it's true (which I don't know enough about to formulate an opinion), if they don't want to accept it, then why force it upon the Dominicans?

Let them have pride in their culture. If their culture has history from Africa, then sure, you could say they're black, but if they don't want to be called black, there's no need to push it onto them

I don't think anybody is trying to say they should be "called black", I think it's mostly people pointing out how much people deny part of their heritage, even if they don't realize
they are, whether it's descendents or whatever, espeically when most people are what they look like (for better or worse). It's been so common to deny anyblack blood or
physical characteristics that they have, people just take it and run with it. It's not trying to force anything on them, I guess it's really just calling them out one what they're denying,
especially when it can be physically seen and it's pretty obvious.

Let people be what they wanna be. Damn this topic is getting old and I really don't say that often if at all. I call myself black because its just easier, though I'm sure there's quite a bit more than black going on in my family tree. If Ninjahood or anyone else chooses to fly under one flag at the expense of excluding others...WHO CARES. Let that man be.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by NORTHMIAMIBOI

yeah

ten tribes of Israel

oh boy

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Spoiler [+]
popcorn_2.gif

Originally Posted by RetroSan

we dont need them tho'
grin.gif

01-CHEERS.jpg

boys actin like they got some kinda rich history...

seems to me like yall wanna be like your spanish conqueres...

In 1574, a census taken of the Greater Antilles, reported 1,000 Spaniards and 12,000 African slaves on Hispaniola

but you would rather celebrate and boast about the Spaniards that mass murdered yall than the people yall shared the same struggles w/..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

its been said before and i'll say it again... a dominican is a n____ that speak spanish.

i may sound ignorant, i might sound dumb... but this infatuation w/ dominican people is wack, and yes, i blame some of our own on this.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by bleach

Originally Posted by MARINADELREY

lol Wikipedia FTL
how about cia.gov?

Ethnic groups:

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]mixed 73%, white 16%, black 11%[/font]

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/dr.html

The majority of people in this world are mixed. Very few are pure 100% anything anymore. 
some more than others though
Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ricky409

its been said before and i'll say it again... a dominican is a n____ that speak spanish.

alex-rodriguez-3.jpg
ortiz1.jpg

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by RetroSan

we dont need them tho'
grin.gif

01-CHEERS.jpg

boys actin like they got some kinda rich history...

seems to me like yall wanna be like your spanish conqueres...

In 1574, a census taken of the Greater Antilles, reported 1,000 Spaniards and 12,000 African slaves on Hispaniola

but you would rather celebrate and boast about the Spaniards that mass murdered yall than the people yall shared the same struggles w/..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i may sound ignorant, i might sound dumb... but this infatuation w/ dominican people is wack, and yes, i blame some of our own on this.
SAM-JACKSON-CLAPPING-GIF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom