So I was telling my black dominican cousins that they were African....

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ricky409

its been said before and i'll say it again... a dominican is a n____ that speak spanish.

alex-rodriguez-3.jpg

you posted the lightest dominican person you could find.

the census said 1 to 12. that doesnt mean ALL of them are going to be full decendants of africans...

but its a 13 outta 14 chance that they have some african ancenstry in the blood.

guarantee if you show a pic of his parents, one of them is dark, and has definitely been called african american  in their day.

and by the way.

Derrick-Rose-Pictures.jpg

if he was running around speaking spanish, then he'd pass for dominican too..

get the fugg out my face by posting one light skinned dominican person.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

D. Rose actually looks dead $@@ like my dominican dude.  But are ya'll expecting new results from this discussion or something? why keep doing it?

Originally Posted by cartune

laugh.gif
I thought A-Rod and Jeter were both mixed with black at the least
Jeter father's balck not sure about A-Rod
and we still don't ya'll 
grin.gif
grin.gif
 (still keeping Jeter tho')

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

is it that big of a deal?
apparently to them it is
laugh.gif

in da tristate area, black people can look at me. judge my features. and know im hispanic without ever saying a word...its only ya outta town folks that got a "issue"

Originally Posted by RetroSan

we dont need them tho'
grin.gif

01-CHEERS.jpg

boys actin like they got some kinda rich history...

seems to me like yall wanna be like your spanish conqueres...

In 1574, a census taken of the Greater Antilles, reported 1,000 Spaniards and 12,000 African slaves on Hispaniola

but you would rather celebrate and boast about the Spaniards that mass murdered yall than the people yall shared the same struggles w/..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

its been said before and i'll say it again... a dominican is a n____ that speak spanish.

i may sound ignorant, i might sound dumb... but this infatuation w/ dominican people is wack, and yes, i blame some of our own on this.

word! Dudes are so ready to celebrate the Spanish or anything else in their blood but quick to dispel the African blood.

But it's the same here with some African Americans. Conditioned to hate themselves.

but whatever tho "I love us" word Jay-z

I'm black excellence son.

Why does it matter in the end? Eif ninjahood had a spiritual awakening with his ancestors that are of black decent, would his life change at all? Would he walk around wearing a kufi and dashiki (sp?) preaching the plight of an african-descendant. I get the point of the self realization behind it, but still in the end these threads are trying to force a mentality on another person, that doesn't want it. He (and others) live/s and identify with a connection to being a descendant of the DR. I don't agree with all the hate that some of them show towards other black people, but that's literally everywhere even within the black community.

they're not african.

yeah they may have african roots, but all people have african roots since the human race started in africa.
the jersey shore cast isn't italian, they're american.
ninjahood is american not DR or african. 

Originally Posted by CherryRed

they're not african.

yeah they may have african roots, but all people have african roots since the human race started in africa.

Until he applies for a job

Originally Posted by CherryRed

they're not african.

Until he applies for a job
when you speak more then one language, you're golden when it comes to employment.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Originally Posted by RetroSan

word! Dudes are so ready to celebrate the Spanish or anything else in their blood but quick to dispel the African blood.

But it's the same here with some African Americans. Conditioned to hate themselves.

but whatever tho "I love us" word Jay-z

I'm black excellence son.
   Another sad truth. All the light-skin/dark-skin stuff has been burned into people's heads for so long, it's ridiculous. Quick to point out "Oh, I'm 1/4 Cherokee
on my grandmother's side", or "I'm mixed with Creole". I'm like "Are you talking about the Creole seasoning?". The self-hate is ridiculous, whether it's denying
a culture/race that you are actually apart of, or just being blind to that fact.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

is it that big of a deal?
apparently to them it is
laugh.gif

in da tristate area, black people can look at me. judge my features. and know im hispanic without ever saying a word...its only ya outta town folks that got a "issue"
Aint anton form the area tho?
And it might be just a New York thing. Cause most dominicans/ricans down here think they are kneegas
Reported

Like most things with race, this discussions seems to stems with peoples misconstrued beliefs that complexion/appearance is a better representation of who you are than what group you belong to.

Back
Top Bottom