So I'd Like to know. Who would crap their Pants if these came out? Honestly.

Instant cop, these'd be hypebeasts from the moment annnounced:

kcmi5u.jpg

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Thanks Fellas... Im goin to see if my point drives home here. Credit will be given as this progresses..
wink.gif

What is your point Rock?

That we the consumers buy BRANDS not PRODUCTS?
Originally Posted by SoleControl

Just shows how bad the UA logo is and how bad the placement of that logo is. Because those are kinda hot.
EXACTLY. That is exactly how I felt when I first saw those. Hell, throw a Reebok logo on there and they would look just as dope. Design = awesome. Logo = crap. The Nike logo flows perfectly with those, as would a Reebok logo. Adidas or UA? Not at all.
I disagree, these remind me of the AND1 Quest too much with a little bit of soldier IIs,
and1_the_quest-arton133-240x240.jpg

+
images

Me thinks UA shouldn't ditch the logo, they should work on the placement though, and they should think of more original designs, that seperate them fromthe other brands.

YES !!!

My imagination just went off... if they had TRIPLE STACKED ZOOM and out perform the XIX for bouncy cushioning and feel better than Zoom BB 1's.

I'd walk into a footlocker and bought out their inventory in my size

Call me stupid, blind, or whatever but my loyalty lies with Nike, not Lebron James. I am just happy that Lebronis with Nike so I'll buy his shoes. Not saying that UA can't produce a good shoe for him, but if he went with them I would no longer buy his shoes. Iwas the same way when Webber left Nike and when Garnett left Nike.

To me other brands look good but they just dont perform as consistently as Nike does. End of story til another brand outperforms Nike, I will buy Nike.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Call me stupid, blind, or whatever but my loyalty lies with Nike, not Lebron James. I am just happy that Lebron is with Nike so I'll buy his shoes. Not saying that UA can't produce a good shoe for him, but if he went with them I would no longer buy his shoes. I was the same way when Webber left Nike and when Garnett left Nike.

This comment got me thinkin'...
I don't feel I'm loyal to Nike, but when I look at my sneakers it sure does look that way. And the only KG's I bought after he left Nike were theAND1's that changed color in the sunlight. But I eventually took them back to the store for more Nikes...

Originally Posted by the12the22the32the4

Rock, just curious - one COULD say that by the nature of your posts on the topic it appears you are hoping that Lebron leaves Nike and jumps to UA.

If that is the case, why?

If not, then why do you keep making posts that seem to suggest you would be in favor of that?

Not trying to take you to task (I respect NikeTalk legends
wink.gif
) but with all due respect, it makes you look like you have: 1. a vested interest in that jump occurring, or *gulp* 2. an agenda...
1234.... Good question and a fair one. I knew some would post the UA real quick just so the regular sheep wouldn't pile on and say how muchthey liked it... But of course.. my point still shows thru to an extent.

People buy shoes for different reasons.

Performance
Brand Loyalty
Sheep.

Everyone who REALLY knows me knows Im Nike all the way. I own NO UA shoes.. Trainers, BBall or otherwise. However.. Save for the Midsole, this designactually does ok. UA needs better logo placement and should really think of making a Shield or crest to throw the UA into.

Do I have a vested interest in seeing Bron go to UA... .Not at all.. no money.. No product.. no job. I have what I have already. its not going to change ifhe stays at Nike.. goes to UA.. or makes his own brand.

Do I have an agenda? I always have an agenda... and thats to make this damn forum more exciting to have stimulating discussions which dont involve colors andrelease dates..

I do think Nike's Swoosh goes a very long way on a product like someone mentioned earlier.. but should that be the main reason you buy a product? To meno.. I frankly am scared to ball in much else other than Nike.. cause its who I trust and what I know.. BUT if someone made a performance product thatgarnered the respect of ballers unlike AND1 and other brands I'd try it out.

To say if Bron left Nike and you'd not follow is a personal choice. Some people buy for the Brand.. which means they are not a fan of Bron.. just hisproducts. I get that. Those who would follow Bron to ANY Brand would be considered a fan of Bron...

Others may try what Bron tries knowing HE is putting his trust into a Brand.. they should probably trust it too.

I myself have seen MANY designs that have never come to light.. and this UPPER competes with many of them, because it breathes and is pretty sleek. I cantspeak for that when it comes to the Outsole and Midsole. it needs work.

I could pretty much bet if UA improved their Logo placement and had a design which could stand on its own many woulf flock to it.

Just my opinion. Thats it. I love having one of those.. and 1234 I NEVER mind being taken to task!!!
laugh.gif
Its the fun part of having good discussions in this forum.

lol @ the utter confusion in this thread. Theres alot of nike/Jordan shoes that if you take away the Ginormous swoosh....u'd be like "whoa"

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Originally Posted by the12the22the32the4

Rock, just curious - one COULD say that by the nature of your posts on the topic it appears you are hoping that Lebron leaves Nike and jumps to UA.

If that is the case, why?

If not, then why do you keep making posts that seem to suggest you would be in favor of that?

Not trying to take you to task (I respect NikeTalk legends
wink.gif
) but with all due respect, it makes you look like you have: 1. a vested interest in that jump occurring, or *gulp* 2. an agenda...
1234.... Good question and a fair one. I knew some would post the UA real quick just so the regular sheep wouldn't pile on and say how much they liked it... But of course.. my point still shows thru to an extent.

People buy shoes for different reasons.

Performance
Brand Loyalty
Sheep.

Everyone who REALLY knows me knows Im Nike all the way. I own NO UA shoes.. Trainers, BBall or otherwise. However.. Save for the Midsole, this design actually does ok. UA needs better logo placement and should really think of making a Shield or crest to throw the UA into.

Do I have a vested interest in seeing Bron go to UA... .Not at all.. no money.. No product.. no job. I have what I have already. its not going to change if he stays at Nike.. goes to UA.. or makes his own brand.

Do I have an agenda? I always have an agenda... and thats to make this damn forum more exciting to have stimulating discussions which dont involve colors and release dates..

I do think Nike's Swoosh goes a very long way on a product like someone mentioned earlier.. but should that be the main reason you buy a product? To me no.. I frankly am scared to ball in much else other than Nike.. cause its who I trust and what I know.. BUT if someone made a performance product that garnered the respect of ballers unlike AND1 and other brands I'd try it out.

To say if Bron left Nike and you'd not follow is a personal choice. Some people buy for the Brand.. which means they are not a fan of Bron.. just his products. I get that. Those who would follow Bron to ANY Brand would be considered a fan of Bron...

Others may try what Bron tries knowing HE is putting his trust into a Brand.. they should probably trust it too.

I myself have seen MANY designs that have never come to light.. and this UPPER competes with many of them, because it breathes and is pretty sleek. I cant speak for that when it comes to the Outsole and Midsole. it needs work.

I could pretty much bet if UA improved their Logo placement and had a design which could stand on its own many woulf flock to it.

Just my opinion. Thats it. I love having one of those.. and 1234 I NEVER mind being taken to task!!!
laugh.gif
Its the fun part of having good discussions in this forum.
Whoa whoa...

Thats a bit extreme. You can be a fan of an athlete and not purchase what they endorse. Does that mean I'm not a Jordan fan because I don't buy hanesunderwear? I am a fan of Lebron because of what he does on the court not because of what he wears. I was of fan of him when he was at SVSM and wore adidas, thelogo he has on his sneaker did not make me a fan. However, the fact the he has a swoosh on his shoes now does make me a fan of his shoes.

Please dont misconstrue signing a contract with a brand as putting "trust" into the relationship. The basis of most, if not all, endorsements isMONEY. Sure there is some level of trust that must be there when endorsing products, but to overlook the dollar signs that create "trust" is foolish.

Back
Top Bottom