So if Lebron wins tonight, what person in all of sports will be under the most pressure to win now?

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by STAN

Please stop. 
Son was generally revered in the public eye up until his last year in Cleveland.

Yeah, I can see the angle you're going for - hoping to talk to someone who has started following NBA just last year, but no. I know for a fact that he was hated looooong before he left Cleveland. The fact that he left was only used as an excuse to justify further hate. The haters were essentially trying to exploit the leaving Cleveland situation to say: "See, I'm not a butt hurt Kobe stan scum of the earth lowlife hater hating on LeBron because I'm salty cause analysts say that LeBron is the best player in the league. I'm a good human being. I'm only hating on him because of 'the decision'." But he was the most hated player in basketball long before that.

Constantly saying that he was a horrible shooter even though his 3-point percentages were not horrible.

Crab dribble/saying that he traveled every time there was a highlight play of him.

Corny Le-*insert insult word* jokes 24/7

Saying that he only won gold in the 08 olympics because Kobe was on the team even though he was statistically the best player on the team, and using the failure in the 2004 olympics when LeBron was 19 and just finished his rookie year as an argument to back up this claim.

Saying that he choked in the Cavs-Magic series even though he averaged 38, 7 and 8 and hit a buzzer beating 3 to win a game that series.

Simultaneously hating on him for not shaking hands with Dwight Howard after the Magic series because he was upset with losing, yet somehow at the same time not caring enough about winning the following year when he was accused of quitting in the last game against the Celtics when he had 27 points, 19 rebounds and 10 assists.

All of this was before he left Cleveland. I've been following LeBron since he came into the league and the hate on the Internet forums for him. You can try to exploit the leaving Cleveland excuse on someone who doesn't know better.

YOU are the one who needs to stop.
Get a !+%+$#% life dude. 75% of your posts are dedicated in LBJ's honor.
Go ----> that way.

Just put this guy on ignore. I finally had to do it. I've never seen anyone hit the post limit slurping a single player before... but he's done it every day for the last week.

stan4.jpg

Oh no, one of the biggest and most consistent LeBron haters put me on the ignore list.

I am about to cry myself to death. Please oh please, take me back great LeBron hater. I've never seen a post by you that was dedicated to anything else but pure irrational hate.

pimped-out-chappelle1.jpg

melo one of my favorite players, baltimore raised, @!%* new york, but i dont think hell win a ring

OT...but it seems like ya'll have vaulted KD to that #2 spot. Are we in agreement with that now?

Because before the year started ya'll were all arguing whether he was better than Melo or not.

Has KD leapfrogged D12, CP3, etc.?

Durant has always been better than Melo IMO. D12 is the only argument, although as a center he has a dominant role since there's only one or two strong options out there.I want to see Vick get a title, he's worked too hard.

KD or CP3 at #2, I wouldn't argue either way. I'll give it to KD after this playoff run.

IDK if you can put KD up there above Melo and D12 now, especially is D12 forces a trade.

Can't put KD above Melo? Are you saying in terms of pressure to win or as a player?

KD is the poster boy for all the good in the NBA.

He's the peoples champ and sooner rather than later it's going to fall on him to win one, especially against "the bad guy".

In all of sports? Quite possibly Melo. If Miami wins LeBron, Wade, Bosh and even Darko Millic (all drafted alongside Melo) will have rings while Melo will be the odd man out. No single player in the NFL carries any pressure to win a ring. You can make somewhat of an argument for Vick but I don't think it would be as strong as the case for Melo to win a ring. I also can't think of any single baseball player carrying the pressure to win a ring. Following Melo is Dwight Howard, CP3 and then Durant. 

Carmelo? MSG dropped confetti down from the rafters and he got MVP chants in Game 4 this year. They'd throw him a parade if he ever even gets the Knicks to the ECF. 
It'll be LeBron, still. He will be a Top 10 player of all time when he hangs them up even with just one. But if he wants to hit Top 5 territory, he'll need to get to 3. 

Honestly, I dont think there will be another player under tremendous pressure to win it all.

The reason Bron has so much pressure to win is because he is widely considered the best basketball player on the planet. He is regularly compared to all time greats. Well, all time greats need to win, and Bron hasnt. Bron has promised winning, and hasnt. THAT is why he was under the pressure he is under.

Now are there any players who are considered the clear #1 player in their sports, compared to all time greats, and have zero rings?

If you know a player that fits that description, then you have your answer to the question posed in the thread.

A good amount of people have insisted he's not the best player in the world, though.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

IDK if you can put KD up there above Melo and D12 now, especially is D12 forces a trade.

Can't put KD above Melo? Are you saying in terms of pressure to win or as a player?
In terms of pressure to win.  To most, he'll always be that guy who cared more about the money and fame of NYC than a guy who wanted to win.  Same about D12.  It'll always come back to counting rings when you ask if it was worth it for the Knicks and whoever gets Dwight.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Carmelo? MSG dropped confetti down from the rafters and he got MVP chants in Game 4 this year. They'd throw him a parade if he ever even gets the Knicks to the ECF.  
Still, you know it's always "what have you done for me lately" in NY and they'll always expect more.  Even if he does somehow happen to win one.

A good amount of people have insisted he's not the best player in the world, though.

All the experts & bball purists suggest he is tho. So thats all that matters.

I know the general public likes to see jumpshots go in. But thats just one phase of bball.

We've never seen an all around complete player like this and if people would put there femaleism aside you would appreciate it

It'll be LeBron, still. He will be a Top 10 player of all time when he hangs them up even with just one. But if he wants to hit Top 5 territory, he'll need to get to 3. 

Melo will be treated like a god if he won a championship in NY 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

O and if Bron wins tonight he would have done something neither Mike or Kobe could accomplish in their legendary careers ....

happy.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Believe it or not I think even the biggest Lebron detractors could back off a little bit about the 7 rings thing at least for A SINGLE season, especially if they win gold in the Olympics

Skip Bayless can't have THAT much influence over America can he?
30t6p3b.gif
Of course. Look at this thread and the related ones, this is ESPNT.

Originally Posted by wttm

I still don't get the hate either because half of the people hating now were probably the same people (i.e fans, sports analyst, etc) who put him on that pedestal straight outta high school or even during high school when he hasnt done jack. Somehow he got a little hyped and threw a premature party and had a show to announce a decision that the whole world was lookifoamy ring that two years winding down to FA while he never exp. whether via college or FA. Now people got their panties bunched up. Could he handled it differently? Of course but it also shows that those super friends are capable of losing too in las years finals.*kanye shrug*

The only people who hated on Lebron as he came into the league were Kobe stans who felt threatened by the dude. They hated on TMac back in the day, too. He leaves Cleveland, then more than half of basketball fans start to get their panties in a bunch. Sure, he handled his FA terribly, but at the end of the day it's about winning. I don't get why dudes fault him for leaving. Nobody said a thing when Kobe got fed up of carrying the load by himself after Shaq left and wanted to be traded.

I think the athlete under the most pressure to win is Leo Messi to win a World Cup with argentina.  He is regarded as the best player in the world (Sorry CR7 i do love you....pause).  But even Pele himself said he needs to win a title for his country to be considered the best ever.
messi-argentina-2.jpg

ESPN will never admit that the Decision was Jim Gray's and their idea.

Lebron just took the blame for it

Back
Top Bottom