So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
bkmac wrote:

I caught this midnight showing last Thursday at the Arclight Dome and fell asleep numerous times because I was so dead tired. I woke up numerous times to find myself even more confused than before. Even missing key plot points, I still thoroughly enjoyed it and it sort of all came together at the end. I just saw it the second time today and I'm completely BLOWN AWAY. This film is so complex and mind-bending, I couldn't even begin to describe how much more I understood and appreciated it the second time around. Nolan really knows how to end his films. Both "The Dark Knight" and "Inception" ended with a beautiful montage set to Hans Zimmer's amazing music that built up to a satisfying ending that made me want to stand up and applaud emphatically.

Cobb's situation reminded me so much of losing someone you love and feeling so much guilt and anguish, because at the end of the day, you know that it was ultimately your fault.

Does anyone else find the dream and reality plot as a metaphor for religion? People that practice different religions are constantly talking about "waking up" and accepting god in your life, that the afterlife is the "real life. " Mal reminded me of the extremists that would sacrifice their life and others, because they believe that there is something better on the other side.

I caught this midnight showing last Thursday at the Arclight Dome and fell asleep numerous times because I was so dead tired. I woke up numerous times to find myself even more confused than before. Even missing key plot points, I still thoroughly enjoyed it and it sort of all came together at the end. I just saw it the second time today and I'm completely BLOWN AWAY. This film is so complex and mind-bending, I couldn't even begin to describe how much more I understood and appreciated it the second time around. Nolan really knows how to end his films. Both "The Dark Knight" and "Inception" ended with a beautiful montage set to Hans Zimmer's amazing music that built up to a satisfying ending that made me want to stand up and applaud emphatically.

Cobb's situation reminded me so much of losing someone you love and feeling so much guilt and anguish, because at the end of the day, you know that it was ultimately your fault.

Does anyone else find the dream and reality plot as a metaphor for religion? People that practice different religions are constantly talking about "waking up" and accepting god in your life, that the afterlife is the "real life. " Mal reminded me of the extremists that would sacrifice their life and others, because they believe that there is something better on the other side.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Most serious comment I have ever posted on NT:

Shutter Island has a much better plot twist and deceives the view better than Inception.

Was I the only person who figured out the ending half way through the movie? And come on that ending, are you serious. In the dream state the top is static while spinning. When he finally makes it back home the top begins to spin in a circle and would have fallen but the director decided to mess with the audience by cutting the scene short.

Good movie, but just like most of Nike's releases for the last 6 years, its a lot of HYPE.
Oh the irony.

I enjoyed Shutter Island a great deal, but youre either kidding yourself or half asleep if you didnt find it predictable.

I had a pretty good idea of what the twist was in Shutter Island almost right away, but its not the main draw of the movie to me anyways. Regardless of predictability I still enjoyed it very much.
Hindsight vision is always 20/20 my friend. 

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Most serious comment I have ever posted on NT:

Shutter Island has a much better plot twist and deceives the view better than Inception.

Was I the only person who figured out the ending half way through the movie? And come on that ending, are you serious. In the dream state the top is static while spinning. When he finally makes it back home the top begins to spin in a circle and would have fallen but the director decided to mess with the audience by cutting the scene short.

Good movie, but just like most of Nike's releases for the last 6 years, its a lot of HYPE.
Oh the irony.

I enjoyed Shutter Island a great deal, but youre either kidding yourself or half asleep if you didnt find it predictable.

I had a pretty good idea of what the twist was in Shutter Island almost right away, but its not the main draw of the movie to me anyways. Regardless of predictability I still enjoyed it very much.
Hindsight vision is always 20/20 my friend. 

at first i didnt feel like it lived up to what everyone was saying. thought i had it all figured out... but the more i think about it, the more lost i feel and the more i appreciate this movie.

at first i didnt feel like it lived up to what everyone was saying. thought i had it all figured out... but the more i think about it, the more lost i feel and the more i appreciate this movie.

LMAO @ the Xzibit meme....ahahahaha

and I think this film was purposely made for people to make it more complicated than what it really is, some of these theories i think even got Nolan wondering...lol

LMAO @ the Xzibit meme....ahahahaha

and I think this film was purposely made for people to make it more complicated than what it really is, some of these theories i think even got Nolan wondering...lol

i think you guys' theories are more entertaining than the film. Definitely would NOT have thought of some of these.

i think you guys' theories are more entertaining than the film. Definitely would NOT have thought of some of these.

Back
Top Bottom