So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

For those still contemplating the ending

Now that's legit
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Nice instead of all these theories being thrown around this one actually provides evidence. Didn't even know the kids were played by different actors so I guess it can be concluded that he is in fact in the real world at the end of the movie.

the different kids thing doesnt prove anything, it could be referring to the kids in the yard (dream) vs the kids on the beach (dream), its not even referenced who plays who in which scenes

personally i think the ending is real life so this may sound "dumb" on my part, but theres A LOT of subconscious effects going on in the dreams, for all we know cobb rid mal from his subconscious in the final apartment scene when he was talking to her about 'having to let her go' or something like that just like he could have rid the wedding ring from his subconscious after ridding her from it,

subconscious effects people, in cobbs personal dreams theyre together because he wants them to be, he creates his own dreams at night just to be with her, but after he tells her that he has to let her go, maybe theyre no longer together in his dreams, same goes for the ring

like i said, i think the ending is real life, its just that if its so obvious as some people claim it is, whats stopping nolan from coming right out and saying it, he dont even gotta say what actually happened, he could just say "its so obvious"

Now that's legit
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Nice instead of all these theories being thrown around this one actually provides evidence. Didn't even know the kids were played by different actors so I guess it can be concluded that he is in fact in the real world at the end of the movie.

the different kids thing doesnt prove anything, it could be referring to the kids in the yard (dream) vs the kids on the beach (dream), its not even referenced who plays who in which scenes

personally i think the ending is real life so this may sound "dumb" on my part, but theres A LOT of subconscious effects going on in the dreams, for all we know cobb rid mal from his subconscious in the final apartment scene when he was talking to her about 'having to let her go' or something like that just like he could have rid the wedding ring from his subconscious after ridding her from it,

subconscious effects people, in cobbs personal dreams theyre together because he wants them to be, he creates his own dreams at night just to be with her, but after he tells her that he has to let her go, maybe theyre no longer together in his dreams, same goes for the ring

like i said, i think the ending is real life, its just that if its so obvious as some people claim it is, whats stopping nolan from coming right out and saying it, he dont even gotta say what actually happened, he could just say "its so obvious"

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Now that's legit
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Maybe the wedding ring is his Totem. I mean he has it on whenever he is dreaming and only he would know the weight of it. He has it on whenever he is dreaming like the article said and even after he finally lets go of Mal, he still has it on when he goes to limbo to rescue Saito. So maybe the ring represents whenever he is in a dream or not. I noticed that during the final scene that they never show his left hand so it might be that he is still in a dream, but then one would think when did he enter that dream world where he is on the plane going back to see his children?

So many question that needs to be answered.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Now that's legit
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Maybe the wedding ring is his Totem. I mean he has it on whenever he is dreaming and only he would know the weight of it. He has it on whenever he is dreaming like the article said and even after he finally lets go of Mal, he still has it on when he goes to limbo to rescue Saito. So maybe the ring represents whenever he is in a dream or not. I noticed that during the final scene that they never show his left hand so it might be that he is still in a dream, but then one would think when did he enter that dream world where he is on the plane going back to see his children?

So many question that needs to be answered.

Originally Posted by DimSum9

just curious.. It seems like every ethnicity was in the film except for any black folks
that mind security guy that JGL was fighting when the hotel first started spinning was black. 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DimSum9

just curious.. It seems like every ethnicity was in the film except for any black folks
that mind security guy that JGL was fighting when the hotel first started spinning was black. 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif

In the earlier scenes did Leo's character meet his father overseas but in the end his father was waiting for him in the US?
ohwell.gif

Is it possible that the movie was about finding Leo's character secretes, finding what was in his "vault"?

Maybe Leo’s character was on a crazy high during a flight home.
pimp.gif

Interesting idea's and explanations being posted.  Really like the observation about the music being slowed down and the ring idea isn't a bad explanation either.  Very good movie, entertaining, as mentioned great for those looking for a summer blockbuster and for those that like to discuss. I'll definitely be watching it again.

In the earlier scenes did Leo's character meet his father overseas but in the end his father was waiting for him in the US?
ohwell.gif

Is it possible that the movie was about finding Leo's character secretes, finding what was in his "vault"?

pimp.gif

Interesting idea's and explanations being posted.  Really like the observation about the music being slowed down and the ring idea isn't a bad explanation either.  Very good movie, entertaining, as mentioned great for those looking for a summer blockbuster and for those that like to discuss. I'll definitely be watching it again.

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

I didnt read this whole thread but I will, but does anyone know/recall or mention where did he meet his old man, when he went to his class to ask for a student. Where was he teaching? Couldn't have been in the US because he was banned. It's late excuse my spelling and typing from iPhone. Anyways, but in the end he's waiting at the airport? :-/ 

Maybe the point wasn't to plant the idea, the inception in the rich kid head, but the whole time it was to find what Leo had burried in his mind.  I don't know what I'm saying, I'm going to bed. I'll watch one more time and come back with more well thought out theories. 

Or I'll just go with this so I can sleep, Leo was heading home to see his family after a long business trip. He had that "ohhhh-weeeeeeeee" on him (they call it "inception" in the streets, "yo son I got that inception, 2 for 5, them dudes
got garbage down the street"), that he couldn't take on the plane so he hit it before boarding.  He a wild dream on the ride, woke up looking around like what the and the other guy, well he just had to make an urgent call to let his family know to pick him up, he was about to touch ground.  The End. 

you've been typing/talking like that your entire life and you've made it this far? that, my friend, is impressive.

I didnt read this whole thread but I will, but does anyone know/recall or mention where did he meet his old man, when he went to his class to ask for a student. Where was he teaching? Couldn't have been in the US because he was banned. It's late excuse my spelling and typing from iPhone. Anyways, but in the end he's waiting at the airport? :-/ 

Maybe the point wasn't to plant the idea, the inception in the rich kid head, but the whole time it was to find what Leo had burried in his mind.  I don't know what I'm saying, I'm going to bed. I'll watch one more time and come back with more well thought out theories. 

Or I'll just go with this so I can sleep, Leo was heading home to see his family after a long business trip. He had that "ohhhh-weeeeeeeee" on him (they call it "inception" in the streets, "yo son I got that inception, 2 for 5, them dudes
got garbage down the street"), that he couldn't take on the plane so he hit it before boarding.  He a wild dream on the ride, woke up looking around like what the and the other guy, well he just had to make an urgent call to let his family know to pick him up, he was about to touch ground.  The End. 

you've been typing/talking like that your entire life and you've made it this far? that, my friend, is impressive.

recycledpaper wrote:

Hey, Thanks!
wink.gif

LOL I wrote my post very late last night, in bed, half asleep, and from my iPhone.  I know it was grammatically incorrect, that I wasn't making too much sense and went off on a tangent.  Anyways, I've edit and condensed my original post.  I really hope it meets your requirements.  

recycledpaper wrote:

Hey, Thanks!
wink.gif

LOL I wrote my post very late last night, in bed, half asleep, and from my iPhone.  I know it was grammatically incorrect, that I wasn't making too much sense and went off on a tangent.  Anyways, I've edit and condensed my original post.  I really hope it meets your requirements.  

ohwell.gif

pimp.gif

easy....when he went to look for the forger...between that time and finding the chemist, the father went to the US to meet him at the airport.

ohwell.gif

pimp.gif

easy....when he went to look for the forger...between that time and finding the chemist, the father went to the US to meet him at the airport.

Back
Top Bottom