So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

One of the best musical scores I've heard in a movie. My favorite is still Gladiator though. Hans Zimmer
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

One of the best musical scores I've heard in a movie. My favorite is still Gladiator though. Hans Zimmer
pimp.gif
Still think his work on the batman movies is better.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

pimp.gif
Still think his work on the batman movies is better.

Finally got around to watching it and it was ill.  I was able to follow the storyline with no problems, so I was surprised when I had previously heard how complex it was.  Will definitely have to catch this one more time in theaters.

By the way, I took a quick glance at the ring theory; seems pretty fascinating.

Finally got around to watching it and it was ill.  I was able to follow the storyline with no problems, so I was surprised when I had previously heard how complex it was.  Will definitely have to catch this one more time in theaters.

By the way, I took a quick glance at the ring theory; seems pretty fascinating.

Whoa man, what if like everything in the movie is a dream including the dream machine and Cobb's team? They never really mention how the machine works, it seems like the vague sort of thing that could only exist in a dream.

Whoa man, what if like everything in the movie is a dream including the dream machine and Cobb's team? They never really mention how the machine works, it seems like the vague sort of thing that could only exist in a dream.

Going to see this for a second time this weekend.

Anyone have any suggestions for specific things I should look out for?

I thought the movie was really, really good. It definitely had it's moments and I enjoyed it enough, and was puzzled enough to want to see it again. I felt a lot of pressure the first time to pay attention to every frame, whereas this time I'll enjoy it more (but still think hard, probably).

One of the coolest parts of the film, in my opinion, doesn't even happen while you're in the theater. I just love that EVERYONE is shooting theories back and forth. Not to sound holier-than-thou, but the general public is usually satisfied with whatever spoonfed crock of $%%@ gets jammed down their throat (Grown Ups/The Last Airbender raking in that cash is enough for me to think that we don't deserve nice things).

Most movie goers don't go out of their way to find films that'll make them ponder beyond those 2 hours in the ice box with the big screen and loud soundtrack. So I give Nolan credit for bringing a little art house flair to the public in the form of a sci fi/heist move.

Really, bottom line for me after seeing it the first time is that I was watching a great player - Nolan - have a pretty good game.

Like 25 points, 5 assists.

But then he nailed the last shot and turned it into a great game...

I thought the movie was really, really good. It definitely had it's moments and I enjoyed it enough, and was puzzled enough to want to see it again. I felt a lot of pressure the first time to pay attention to every frame, whereas this time I'll enjoy it more (but still think hard, probably).

One of the coolest parts of the film, in my opinion, doesn't even happen while you're in the theater. I just love that EVERYONE is shooting theories back and forth. Not to sound holier-than-thou, but the general public is usually satisfied with whatever spoonfed crock of $%%@ gets jammed down their throat (Grown Ups/The Last Airbender raking in that cash is enough for me to think that we don't deserve nice things).

Most movie goers don't go out of their way to find films that'll make them ponder beyond those 2 hours in the ice box with the big screen and loud soundtrack. So I give Nolan credit for bringing a little art house flair to the public in the form of a sci fi/heist move.

Really, bottom line for me after seeing it the first time is that I was watching a great player - Nolan - have a pretty good game.

Originally Posted by Benjamin Stone

Well, the ring theory seems to stick out.  Whenever Cobb's dreaming, his ring is always on... whenever he's not the ring is never on.  So just remember to always look at his left hand.  

Originally Posted by Benjamin Stone

Well, the ring theory seems to stick out.  Whenever Cobb's dreaming, his ring is always on... whenever he's not the ring is never on.  So just remember to always look at his left hand.  

It actually now makes sense his totem was the ring/no ring, he'd have to already had one if that was his wife's. If that's true, it's one of the greatest subtleties in a film i've ever seen.

It actually now makes sense his totem was the ring/no ring, he'd have to already had one if that was his wife's. If that's true, it's one of the greatest subtleties in a film i've ever seen.

so i watched the film tonight and thought it was good by i dont see why people should be called stupid or not quick witted for having questions about it. I thought it had some similarities to the Matrix

so i watched the film tonight and thought it was good by i dont see why people should be called stupid or not quick witted for having questions about it. I thought it had some similarities to the Matrix

So I finally watched it last night, I was trying to avoid the crowds
laugh.gif

What an amazing movie, this will definitely be watched again.

So I finally watched it last night, I was trying to avoid the crowds
laugh.gif

What an amazing movie, this will definitely be watched again.

One of the greatest movies of all time.... imo

I wish more movies like this would come out, it inspires creativity and philosophy within yourself. A+ movie.

One of the greatest movies of all time.... imo

I wish more movies like this would come out, it inspires creativity and philosophy within yourself. A+ movie.

Back
Top Bottom