So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

I need to see this again... there were tons of little details in the movie and I feel like its hard to catch them all the first time
Spoiler [+]
When the girl in the bar writes her number and its only 6 digits, its the same numbers as the combination, that one was pretty obvious but theres probably more that I missed

I need to see this again... there were tons of little details in the movie and I feel like its hard to catch them all the first time
Spoiler [+]
When the girl in the bar writes her number and its only 6 digits, its the same numbers as the combination, that one was pretty obvious but theres probably more that I missed

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by Jerry Hughes

Im supposed to go with my girl to see this but i dont think i want any distractions so idk

but when i heard this movie had Nolan and Dicclaprio i desided i had to go sea it.
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by Jerry Hughes

Im supposed to go with my girl to see this but i dont think i want any distractions so idk

but when i heard this movie had Nolan and Dicclaprio i desided i had to go sea it.
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

He does that on purpose, constantly. NT dudes are so lame nowadays, the quality of comedy took a nose dive.

He does that on purpose, constantly. NT dudes are so lame nowadays, the quality of comedy took a nose dive.

The movie was definitely solid, but for some people to call it a "masterpiece," IMO is a bit over the top.

Planning to see it again this weekend, but happy to finally see:
1. Cillian Murphy actually playing a prime roll in a Nolan film,
2. Solid utilization of female characters (something Nolan has fell short on numerous times)

Definitely recommend this film to anyone with a pulse. It's not as complex as some people make it out to be, and really, even if some aspects of the film become confusing, following the plot and overall story is relatively easy.

The movie was definitely solid, but for some people to call it a "masterpiece," IMO is a bit over the top.

Planning to see it again this weekend, but happy to finally see:
1. Cillian Murphy actually playing a prime roll in a Nolan film,
2. Solid utilization of female characters (something Nolan has fell short on numerous times)

Definitely recommend this film to anyone with a pulse. It's not as complex as some people make it out to be, and really, even if some aspects of the film become confusing, following the plot and overall story is relatively easy.

leo's been killing it since This Boys Life

heard nothing but great things about the film,

leo's been killing it since This Boys Life

heard nothing but great things about the film,

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Spoiler [+]
Damn, good eye. It was good, I may need to see it again because I felt like I was fighting sleep throughout the movie.
Marion Cotillard (Cobb's wife) 
pimp.gif

Also, one other thing that I noticed was a location in the movie. Not really a spoiler, but those who have seen it will recognize this building. It was a bit weird seeing this place that I had been in portrayed in a dreamscape.
3255891851_9be6b44ab1_b.jpg

4607358460_1da75dbd2a_b.jpg

tl9-1a.jpg

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Spoiler [+]
Damn, good eye. It was good, I may need to see it again because I felt like I was fighting sleep throughout the movie.
Marion Cotillard (Cobb's wife) 
pimp.gif

Also, one other thing that I noticed was a location in the movie. Not really a spoiler, but those who have seen it will recognize this building. It was a bit weird seeing this place that I had been in portrayed in a dreamscape.
3255891851_9be6b44ab1_b.jpg

4607358460_1da75dbd2a_b.jpg

tl9-1a.jpg

Ok now guys, it wasn't THAT good. I really liked it, but be reasonable here.

One thing in particular that Nolan always struggles with are actions scenes. This movie has one incredible fight scene (the hallway), but the rest are of a much lower quality than the movie as a whole. That wouldn't be so much of a problem if there weren't so many of them, so don't try and counter this with "but the movie isn't about the action man, it's about how deep the plot is"--a lot of the movie is propped up by the action sequences, and the gunfights didn't hold up their end of the bargain. See Batman Begins for more evidence of Nolan's inability to frame good fight scenes.

Aside from that, and the way the movie treats its rules as if they are some long-established set that the audience should pick up on instantly (which Ellen Page's character seems to have no problem with), and even considering that the main narrative wasn't particularly thrilling (I only cared that the characters not go to limbo, not at all about whether the inception worked) it was an awesome movie. The whole ending sequence with the falling car and the elevator and the building was edited perfectly.

Ok now guys, it wasn't THAT good. I really liked it, but be reasonable here.

One thing in particular that Nolan always struggles with are actions scenes. This movie has one incredible fight scene (the hallway), but the rest are of a much lower quality than the movie as a whole. That wouldn't be so much of a problem if there weren't so many of them, so don't try and counter this with "but the movie isn't about the action man, it's about how deep the plot is"--a lot of the movie is propped up by the action sequences, and the gunfights didn't hold up their end of the bargain. See Batman Begins for more evidence of Nolan's inability to frame good fight scenes.

Aside from that, and the way the movie treats its rules as if they are some long-established set that the audience should pick up on instantly (which Ellen Page's character seems to have no problem with), and even considering that the main narrative wasn't particularly thrilling (I only cared that the characters not go to limbo, not at all about whether the inception worked) it was an awesome movie. The whole ending sequence with the falling car and the elevator and the building was edited perfectly.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Man from the trailer this ++$+ reminds me of the Matrix, gonna check it out eventually.

Word, I received a Matrix vibe from the trailers also. Instead of people going into computer programs, they go into peoples minds. I dig it. Nolan is great at what he does. I read somewhere after the 3rd Batman movie, he's re-starting the Superman franchise. That would be awesome and DC comics would have to give him serious $ for reviving 2 DC characters.

Man from the trailer this ++$+ reminds me of the Matrix, gonna check it out eventually.

Word, I received a Matrix vibe from the trailers also. Instead of people going into computer programs, they go into peoples minds. I dig it. Nolan is great at what he does. I read somewhere after the 3rd Batman movie, he's re-starting the Superman franchise. That would be awesome and DC comics would have to give him serious $ for reviving 2 DC characters.

I think you have to appreciate the ambitiousness of the film. If any other director sans Spielberg this movie it's a total flop.

The ability to take that script (which Nolan wrote) and put it on film was amazing and should be commended. The movie ended the right way as well. What a great final shot.

Only issues I had was the whole Call of Duty fight scene. I almost zoned out of the movie at that point because there was no tension and almost boring. One thing action should never be is boring. Other than that the film was outstanding. It was a masterpiece from a vision/story perspective to put that idea on film and have it WORK.

If you think it wasn't or that Nolan/the cast didn't do an amazing job selling the idea fully just think if M. Night Shamalan 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
had directed this picture and you'll change your mind.

I think you have to appreciate the ambitiousness of the film. If any other director sans Spielberg this movie it's a total flop.

The ability to take that script (which Nolan wrote) and put it on film was amazing and should be commended. The movie ended the right way as well. What a great final shot.

Only issues I had was the whole Call of Duty fight scene. I almost zoned out of the movie at that point because there was no tension and almost boring. One thing action should never be is boring. Other than that the film was outstanding. It was a masterpiece from a vision/story perspective to put that idea on film and have it WORK.

If you think it wasn't or that Nolan/the cast didn't do an amazing job selling the idea fully just think if M. Night Shamalan 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
had directed this picture and you'll change your mind.

Back
Top Bottom