So Jay-z is playing into this whole Illuminati thing with that Drake line??

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
Oww, chicks turn they heads like
Owww, I'm the man of the... Oww

laugh.gif
[/font]

The whole triple entendre thing doesn't make sense, it really isn't. But, eh.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

"So, Barzini will move against you first. He'll set up a meeting with someone that you absolutely trust, guaranteeing your safety. And at that meeting, you'll be assassinated. "

Where is this line from?!

Originally Posted by VicRain24

"So, Barzini will move against you first. He'll set up a meeting with someone that you absolutely trust, guaranteeing your safety. And at that meeting, you'll be assassinated. "

The Godfather

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

The whole triple entendre thing doesn't make sense, it really isn't. But, eh.
it's

(even when the sun goes down, I'ma make it go)
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Out/Oww,
chicks turn they heads like
Owls/Oww, I'm the man of the... hour/Oww
[/font]-er.

people are forcing in that "man of the owl" line because it's what they want to hear.  that's not the triple.  i'm sorry but y'all are reaching again.

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Godfather

Originally Posted by PapaPrem

HE did the same thing in Run This Town with that line "I'm in Mason...uh Martin Margiela"

laugh.gif
People kill me with the reaching and not understaing lyrics he said I'm in "Maison uh Martin Margela" obviously referring to Belgian fashion designer.

Seriously the reaching whole Jay/Illuminati is rather ridiculous and comical at this point.

Well first he doesnt say "Owww" he says "Ouuuut"
Soo.. "Even when the sun goes down Ima make it go... Ouuutt.. O's turn they heads like Owls.. Im the man of the.. Hour"

the triple entendre is that he makes the lights go out and Owls come out when its dark and He turns heads like Owls and like Hours.. The hands of the clock are turning.. also he implies that hes too high from the the spliff he "Light Up" to understand that he didnt really say a triple entendre just made it sound like he went over everyones head with a very simple verse.

Originally Posted by ThatDudeChris

Well first he doesnt say "Owww" he says "Ouuuut"
Soo.. "Even when the sun goes down Ima make it go... Ouuutt.. O's turn they heads like Owls.. Im the man of the.. Hour"

the triple entendre is that he makes the lights go out and Owls come out when its dark and He turns heads like Owls and like Hours.. The hands of the clock are turning.. also he implies that hes too high from the the spliff he "Light Up" to understand that he didnt really say a triple entendre just made it sound like he went over everyones head with a very simple verse.

this.

He said "h.oes turn they head like owls..."

Owls are known to be able to rotate their heads almost 360 degrees. He got chicks turning their heads to stare at him...

Couldn't be more clearer.

istockphoto_2035886-owl-with-turned-head.jpg

People calling a reach are reaching.

Owl see in the dark..so even if the sun goes down it don't matter. They represent time because they come out at nightfall, linking them to the "heavens" (sun, stars, moons etc,) they also represent wisdom and witch craft depending on the cultural context.

Powerful "occult/esoteric" symbol with many layers and meanings.

The animal is most notably linked to Sumerian Goddess Ishtar and her Roman counterpart Athena, divine representatives of feminine principles and the planet Venus. (Venus vs Mars)

ishtar_2.jpg
athena_owl.jpg

"H.oes turn they heads like owls..."
laugh.gif

Hes a slick dude but this song is really about all about Drake.

"I'm a star, no spangled banner..."

*shrugs*

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Hes a slick dude but this song is really about all about Drake.
Yo real talk I was thinking this. The line that stood out to most to me was
"Drake, heres how they gon come at you
With silly rap feuds trying to distract you
In disguise in the form of a favor
The Barzini meeting, watch for the traitors"

I know most people are going to think thats about Jay-Z and (insert dame, nas, or beans, etc)
but too me it sounds like he's talking about Ye. The publicity stunt w/ 50 was  a silly rap feud. And I guess it could be perceived as a favor since it gained him fame.
But Ye has had a worse personal life since.

While I admit my suspicion of Ye is a reach, I don't think it's a reach to assume he's talking about someone other than himself.

Back
Top Bottom