So lets just do the age old Debate about Pyramids...

^
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I can't see embedded vids on this smartdumb phone.
Link?

Originally Posted by IYE2

Labor. They built a rising ramp, almost cylindrical, on the interior of the pyramids. That's how they moved the blocks so high.

why you like hines/hall so much, bro?

and, the pyramids were definitely aided by aliens...

too much math, too much labor

we cant even do it today...

Originally Posted by IYE2

Labor. They built a rising ramp, almost cylindrical, on the interior of the pyramids. That's how they moved the blocks so high.

why you like hines/hall so much, bro?

and, the pyramids were definitely aided by aliens...

too much math, too much labor

we cant even do it today...

Props to Martin, I agree with 98% of what he said.

It's absolutely ridiculous that people here today insist on debating on the race of the Ancient Egyptians when the Ancient Egyptians themselves did not even give two sh!ts about race. The Ancient Egyptians identified based on only one thing - nationality. Either you were Egyptian or you were a foreigner. There were no white Egyptians, black Egyptians, etc etc. You were just Egyptian. Period. The racial distinctions illustrated in Ancient Egyptian art tells us two things. First, it tells us that the Egyptians were a racially diverse group of people. Secondly, they tell us that the Ancient Egyptians would exaggerate skin tones to highlight the differences between themselves and foreigners...the color black was used to depict dark-skinned black Africans...white was used to depict Europeans...yellow was used to depict Asians. Different colors were used in the drawings and paintings just to show that these foreigners were not Egyptian. Thus, if the Ancient Egyptians did not identify based on race, and lived harmoniously with one another, why the heck do so many people insist on wasting their time arguing that they were a pure black race of people?

As controversial as it may be, Martin's comment about Afrocentrics is somewhat accurate. I've read arguments made from their side and they have no qualms about stretching the truth to defend their theory that the Ancient Egyptians were all black people originating from the Horn of Africa. I read one ridiculous argument about the name "Kemet" being proof that the Egyptians were black, even though Ancient Egyptian artifacts CLEARLY illustrate that the word was used to refer to the Nile Valley's rich, fertile, black soil. The word was used in an agricultural sense and yet some want us to believe it was used in a racial sense.

Back to the topic at hand, do y'all think slaves had the brain power to plan, organize and execute what was pretty much a perfect structure? Were slaves capable of carving out those perfectly symmetrical blocks? How difficult is it to believe that the Ancient Egyptians worshiped their Pharaohs (who were viewed as gods on earth) and that they felt they were servicing the gods by building eternal resting places for them? These people WANTED to help out...I think some here are under-estimating how much it meant for the Ancient Egyptians to not only work together for the common good but also to work for their Pharaohs. I'm not willing to totally discount that slaves were used but its important to make a distinction between slavery in ancient days and what West African slaves had to experience. Perhaps slaves back then were what we refer to today as workers, servants or personal assistants...just because they were slaves doesnt meant they were treated like trash or were working against their will.

It's absolutely ridiculous that people here today insist on debating on the race of the Ancient Egyptians when the Ancient Egyptians themselves did not even give two sh!ts about race. The Ancient Egyptians identified based on only one thing - nationality. Either you were Egyptian or you were a foreigner. There were no white Egyptians, black Egyptians, etc etc. You were just Egyptian. Period. The racial distinctions illustrated in Ancient Egyptian art tells us two things. First, it tells us that the Egyptians were a racially diverse group of people. Secondly, they tell us that the Ancient Egyptians would exaggerate skin tones to highlight the differences between themselves and foreigners...the color black was used to depict dark-skinned black Africans...white was used to depict Europeans...yellow was used to depict Asians. Different colors were used in the drawings and paintings just to show that these foreigners were not Egyptian. Thus, if the Ancient Egyptians did not identify based on race, and lived harmoniously with one another, why the heck do so many people insist on wasting their time arguing that they were a pure black race of people?

As controversial as it may be, Martin's comment about Afrocentrics is somewhat accurate. I've read arguments made from their side and they have no qualms about stretching the truth to defend their theory that the Ancient Egyptians were all black people originating from the Horn of Africa. I read one ridiculous argument about the name "Kemet" being proof that the Egyptians were black, even though Ancient Egyptian artifacts CLEARLY illustrate that the word was used to refer to the Nile Valley's rich, fertile, black soil. The word was used in an agricultural sense and yet some want us to believe it was used in a racial sense.

Back to the topic at hand, do y'all think slaves had the brain power to plan, organize and execute what was pretty much a perfect structure? Were slaves capable of carving out those perfectly symmetrical blocks? How difficult is it to believe that the Ancient Egyptians worshiped their Pharaohs (who were viewed as gods on earth) and that they felt they were servicing the gods by building eternal resting places for them? These people WANTED to help out...I think some here are under-estimating how much it meant for the Ancient Egyptians to not only work together for the common good but also to work for their Pharaohs. I'm not willing to totally discount that slaves were used but its important to make a distinction between slavery in ancient days and what West African slaves had to experience. Perhaps slaves back then were what we refer to today as workers, servants or personal assistants...just because they were slaves doesnt meant they were treated like trash or were working against their will.

Do people really believe Egyptian society is far more technologically advanced than modern society? For people who believe that compare and contrast the technological advances of Ancient Egypt with those of today and see if you can still say that with a straight face.

Do people really believe Egyptian society is far more technologically advanced than modern society? For people who believe that compare and contrast the technological advances of Ancient Egypt with those of today and see if you can still say that with a straight face.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

good post, I know a lot of Egyptians personally....they don't identify themselves by "race".

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

good post, I know a lot of Egyptians personally....they don't identify themselves by "race".

Maybe if more peopled studied the facts rather than study arguments, we could actually take the discussion and information somewhere. Other than that, these "usual skeptics about everything" create the same verbal sparring sessions that just ain't nothing but people sizing up each others logic and ego's which for the sake of what we are talking about has nothing to do with anything.

btw the glyph for khem(as in Khemmit) is a charred burnt black piece of wood. The people used the name khem, or moor(beloved by the sun) as a description of being blackened and being beloved by the sun and it's blessings. It's the interaction that it's referring too, not a racial construct like we have today and fools won't quit arguing over.

You also gotta realize when they depicted people in certain colors like reddish brown men and yellow colored women, it was not about light skin vs. dark skin. It was about cosmology. Red would represent solar attributes and yellow would represent lunar principles. So when you see a relief of people being depicted a certain color, it's speaking more towards something other than what we see as racial distinctions. So no all the queens of Kemit weren't always light skinned women, they were painted that way to convey a alchemical meaning. It's only when you look at stuff for it's surface value that you even fall into arguing over things that are so trivial compared to the actual real meaning behind the symbolism.

It's impossible with you guys. Nobody but ya'll constantly some in here to prove the same ole argument about the color of the egyptians and no body is even talking about that stuff but ya'll.

I discuss simple topics like the body of government in the land and archetypes. Simple enough that you can go reference it for yourself and ya'll say im being pro black. !!!. it's like a comedy sketch out of dave chappelle show or something.

Maybe if more peopled studied the facts rather than study arguments, we could actually take the discussion and information somewhere. Other than that, these "usual skeptics about everything" create the same verbal sparring sessions that just ain't nothing but people sizing up each others logic and ego's which for the sake of what we are talking about has nothing to do with anything.

btw the glyph for khem(as in Khemmit) is a charred burnt black piece of wood. The people used the name khem, or moor(beloved by the sun) as a description of being blackened and being beloved by the sun and it's blessings. It's the interaction that it's referring too, not a racial construct like we have today and fools won't quit arguing over.

You also gotta realize when they depicted people in certain colors like reddish brown men and yellow colored women, it was not about light skin vs. dark skin. It was about cosmology. Red would represent solar attributes and yellow would represent lunar principles. So when you see a relief of people being depicted a certain color, it's speaking more towards something other than what we see as racial distinctions. So no all the queens of Kemit weren't always light skinned women, they were painted that way to convey a alchemical meaning. It's only when you look at stuff for it's surface value that you even fall into arguing over things that are so trivial compared to the actual real meaning behind the symbolism.

It's impossible with you guys. Nobody but ya'll constantly some in here to prove the same ole argument about the color of the egyptians and no body is even talking about that stuff but ya'll.

I discuss simple topics like the body of government in the land and archetypes. Simple enough that you can go reference it for yourself and ya'll say im being pro black. !!!. it's like a comedy sketch out of dave chappelle show or something.

I can't believe people find fault with me calling an African man my ancestor. Talk about arguing for the sake of arguing...The initial reason I even brought it up was bc Imhotep was looked at as a great man. I look at him with high esteem and just how people would be offended if someone compared Dr. King to a shucking and jiving fool, that's the same way I look at Imhotep being compared to that silly movie character.

I can't believe people find fault with me calling an African man my ancestor. Talk about arguing for the sake of arguing...The initial reason I even brought it up was bc Imhotep was looked at as a great man. I look at him with high esteem and just how people would be offended if someone compared Dr. King to a shucking and jiving fool, that's the same way I look at Imhotep being compared to that silly movie character.

Back
Top Bottom