SO METHODMAN... we get a say in what platform we move to next... right?

If we can't help in the decision, I'd at least hope the mods would share with us the methodology they used to choose the next platform.

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

It's not that serious. Some people act like they cant continue with their normal lives with out NT.

Uh, obviously it is that serious since Meth said he was switching in the first place.

Some people are too quick to type the typical "Wow it's just a message board!" reply. You're a mod, so obviously NT's serious enough for you to dedicate time to looking over all the buy/sell posts
laugh.gif

Plus I have 4x less posts than you and joined a year later.

So yea, what was your point again?
Chill. I'm not a mod, I help out when I CAN in the buy/sell forum. I sit in an office full time through out the week, and I love checking NT on my off time. Trust me that when NT goes down, or has glitches here and there i'm not stressing it. I move on with my life. I feel that some people rely too much on NT like they dont have other things to do in life.

For the record, my post count is from contributing in the buy/sell forums, not from me sitting at home every night posting on NT. I've been on NT since 99, but didnt decide to sign on until years later.

Don't be silly. You are indeed a Mod and that's what you do in the buy/sell forums. You 'moderate'... As far as moving to a new platform. I wasnever a fan of Yuku and there were plenty of glitches from day one. Also, there's features from the old platform that I miss from a Mod's perspective.I have a few platforms in mind that I think we should move to, but we'll see...

It's not that serious. Some people act like they cant continue with their normal lives with out NT.

Uh, obviously it is that serious since Meth said he was switching in the first place.

Some people are too quick to type the typical "Wow it's just a message board!" reply. You're a mod, so obviously NT's serious enough for you to dedicate time to looking over all the buy/sell posts
laugh.gif

Chill. I'm not a mod, I help out when I CAN in the buy/sell forum. I sit in an office full time through out the week, and I love checking NT on my off time. Trust me that when NT goes down, or has glitches here and there i'm not stressing it. I move on with my life. I feel that some people rely too much on NT like they dont have other things to do in life.

For the record, my post count is from contributing in the buy/sell forums, not from me sitting at home every night posting on NT. I've been on NT since 99, but didnt decide to sign on until years later.
This man speaks the truth. Solesavage been around for a long time. you work in Brea also huh
eek.gif
?

Originally Posted by JAYMATIK

laugh.gif

Don't be silly. You are indeed a Mod and that's what you do in the buy/sell forums. You 'moderate'... As far as moving to a new platform. I was never a fan of Yuku and there were plenty of glitches from day one. Also, there's features from the old platform that I miss from a Mod's perspective. I have a few platforms in mind that I think we should move to, but we'll see...
LOL Well, if we want to get technical than sure i'm a Moderator. However, we are restricted to any moderating outside of buy/sell forum.

Not 0/2. EzBoard was great when we were there.

And I don't think vBulletin is the way to go. I like to think Niketalk thinks bigger than that.

What's the best type of message board out there?

I say we go to that one if we can afford it or the best one that we can afford.

If it's vBulliten then let's give it a shot.

It's not like we can't move if we want to again.

laugh.gif

spoiled nters will never be satisfied
laugh.gif
and why would you get a say?did you buy any t's? i say you gotta copp minimum 10 t's to get a say in anything.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Lrrr

vBulletin gets hacked easily...look at the 4chan SOHH incident
A kindergartner could hack Yuku. Hell, Yuku practically hacks itself.

This has to be the funniest line all morning..
roll.gif

It is serious, to a point. No one wants to see thier long post disappear to a wizard. Plus, many of us do rely on NT for some sort of info (i.e. coupon codes,etc.). Downtime and a bad search limit the usefulness of this site. There has been a lot of time invested in this place, especially by the mods and admins, soI think it is pretty important that we move to the best platform possible.

I predict a lengthy post from an admin with the general gist of "NT is provided free of charge, be thankful for what you get" anytime now.

What if Niketalk is their normal life?

I'm on a few other forums with that multi-quote button an that #++@ is boss.

While I'm here can an admin tell me why the add emb/html button no longer shows up when I want to emb a vid? I'll click the video button and it use toshow up in the corner to the right. Now it doesn't at all and any vid I want to emb I have to use the vid search which isn't that good.(It doesn'tshow on FF or IE btw)

I don't like to double post when I want to post multiple vids since when using that vid search I can only post two at a time.

I'm tired of having to barbarically copy and paste comments from multiple people in to wordpad just to double-quote

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
So thats how you do it.YES... finally.

how do I get the guy i quoted name ontop though?

• I'm tired of having to barbarically copy and paste comments from multiple people in to wordpad just to double-quote
lrn2internet

To double quote all you have to do is quote someone, click the html button next to spellcheck, copy the html code,press back, quote the next person that you choose to, press html button again, paste your previous html code with the new, and repeat as muct times as youwant. When your done just press html again just to place it in a readable format.

As complicated as it sounds you're just grouping a bunch of html together from seperate posts

• I'm tired of having to barbarically copy and paste comments from multiple people in to wordpad just to double-quote
lrn2internet

To double quote all you have to do is quote someone, click the html button next to spellcheck, copy the html code, press back, quote the next person that you choose to, press html button again, paste your previous html code with the new, and repeat as muct times as you want. When your done just press html again just to place it in a readable format.

As complicated as it sounds you're just grouping a bunch of html together from seperate posts
I just right click open in new tab every post i want to quote. Then i copy and paste them into a single post.

You dont need to change it into html code, you can just copy it as it is. If im understanding you right.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

lrn2internet

To double quote all you have to do is quote someone, click the html button next to spellcheck, copy the html code, press back, quote the next person that you choose to, press html button again, paste your previous html code with the new, and repeat as muct times as you want. When your done just press html again just to place it in a readable format.

I just right click open in new tab every post i want to quote. Then i copy and paste them into a single post.

You dont need to change it into html code, you can just copy it as it is. If im understanding you right.

lrn2internet

hmm ok

I don't even use the html code I just higlight the quote, copy + paste.

EDIT: Just did it
Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

Remeber when people were excited about the move to Yuku?
laugh.gif
They were swayed by the shiny new emotions
laugh.gif

Want NT to move to vBulletin? We need your support getting there. We are re-launching the entire site and moving to a dedicated server in 2010 and supportingour NikeTalk X Apparel Collection gets YOU official NikeTalk gear and gets us ALL off Yuku and away from the Magician.

Put your money where you mouth is.
Step up and support now: http://store.niketalk.com

Originally Posted by presequel

yeah 4chan got better detectives than NT......and hackers so you cant avoid that.

but vbulletin is a much better platform.
No its not and you're buggin if you think so.

Back
Top Bottom