So my boy says that rebounding isn't a skill. Discuss

I for one think that is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. He thinks rebounding is more of a matter of luck/being in the right place at the right time 
grin.gif

What do you guys think?

you need to start boxing out your boy at random places/times. that'll show him it's a skill

The only luck in rebounding is when a missed shot literally bounces off the rim right to you. Outside of that I agree with the other posts in here, thought process like that is definitely why there aren't a lot of great rebounders.

knowing how to utilize your body, getting position down low, and boxing out takes skill. You're friend is wrong.

It definitely takes skill..The feeling of grabbing a rebound off someone that you physically/athletically have no business outrebounding is such a great feeling because you know how good your position, effort, and focus was on that play to do so..I played pickup ball yesterday and had like 15-20 rebounds, game to 15..I just kept hustling and playing hard and it worked for me. Felt better than games where I scored 90% of my team's points

Originally Posted by zube42

Your boy hasn't played organized basketball most likely.

That's the thing. He has played for a few years. Played in HS and could've played in college if he was more mature

Originally Posted by HOOD17

16jnb4w.jpg

compared to

image.jpg
Who's more athletic of those 2 players?..Amar'e is much more athletic than K Love and look at the rebounding numbers..If the lack of production on STAT's part doesn't scream EFFORT, then idk what else can

Originally Posted by RawSheed

you need to start boxing out your boy at random places/times. that'll show him it's a skill

laugh.gif
 box him into a corner. Will + skill = rebound.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

That's the thing. He has played for a few years. Played in HS and could've played in college if he was more mature

What position did he play? Timing, anticipation, even where you plant for feet for your box out all require skill. 

Yeah..tell your friend to say that to Dennis Rodman's face and see what type of response he gets.

What position did he play? Timing, anticipation, even where you plant for feet for your box out all require skill. 

6" 4' Guard

I for one think that is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. He thinks rebounding is more of a matter of luck/being in the right place at the right time 
grin.gif

What do you guys think?
It's very much a skill. A skill that most do not like to perform and specialize in, which is why I love being a good rebounder. Sure it takes a lot of hustle and determination but position and having the ability to know where n how that ball will come off the rim is a skill.
The feeling of snatching rebounds in mid air as soon as they bounce off the rim over bigger dudes 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom