So my girls kid called me Da-Da...older NT'ers...serious topic

i think its ok now,because kids dont understand at that age anyway...but once she gets older,her mom must explain to her that you are NOT the father..

as long as youre still around..

if you love them both, the things not working issue shouldn't be a big deal..so just continue doing what you do sir
pimp.gif

if you've been together for 2 years you should have seen this coming...but you don't seem to have a problem w/ it just shocked which isunderstandable...got my respect for helping to take care of another person's child...

Oh and by the way, I grew up that kid. I didnt know my "dad" wasnt my bio father until I was 8 or 9. But he was there from the get go so he's mydad.

I want to be a father figure and all that. thing is when she said it, it felt incredible, like I know I'm doing somethin good, because I am there for them
i swear hearing my baby say "daddy", watchin her eyes light up when i make her laugh....best feeling in the world....

if ur sure about the girl, then go for it my dude...
if the dads a deadbeat then that little girls gonna need a father figure....
thats where you step in.

She said it herself...you are "Da-da".
Whether her mother is touchy about it or not it's definitely something that you two need to discuss. Just know that whatever happens, there is a childinvolved that needs to be considered in whatever decisions are made from this point forward. Good luck.

You've been there all (dang near) the baby's life, to that little girl YOU are her daddy...talk to your girl and just bring it up as a"responsibility" talk. Talk about your responsibility to the relationship, her responsibility to her baby and your portion of that. That's whatthis boils down to, are you "responsible" for this child's attachment to you? No, but you are responsible for the way you react....good luck andgood job stepping up.

You are a DAMN great man, sir.
pimp.gif
.... I'm not. I would have looked that lil girl in the face and very plainly said, "Not it..."

I do try to be as good to her as possible. Thing is I'm not around her everyday, that's why it hit me unexpected.

i say if you feel comfortable with it then go for it man the attachment thing is something ya have to deal with. if yall fall off be there for the kid anywayman

Back
Top Bottom