i was like
eek.gif
laugh.gif

so i slapped him.......

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I wish this would happen to every person who said it and eventhought it.

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by tecca nena

LIAR.... we all know u didnt slap him....

y not.? its his little brother... and he's obviously slow for thinkin that... he deserved it...

laugh.gif
I hope u slapped some sense into him.lol. And I also hoped u didn't tell him he better have ya money afterwards
laugh.gif

this is starting to come up a lot these days.

bottom line.................................

- lil wayne is not the greatest of "all time",,, we know that
- but anyone that calls him the greatest rapper alive,,,,,,,,,,,, has a legitamate argument wether you like it or not.

some people will agree,,, and some people will disagree,,,,,, but cats need to stop acting like lil wayne being the greatest rapper alive right now is 100%impossible. there are just as many people out in the hip hop world that disagree that would agree on the other hand.

as for me,,, im undecided,,,, id like to see joe budden have the crown of "best rapper right now".
- but lil wayne is killin a lot of verses
- doing great performances
- has a cult following
- owned the mixtape scene in 2007
- was the go-to artist in the game
- is distinct
- is creative
- is lyrically nice
- is blazing hot right now

so why are cats acting like people who say he is the greatest alive are absolutely insane?

if you cant name atleast 10 artists better then him right now,,,,,,,,,, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO ARGUMENT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then i say give the lil dude his room andallow him to continue to try and prove that he is the greatest rapper alive. he certainly is doing a pretty good job right now imo.

Originally Posted by PastorTroyNY

if you cant name atleast 10 artists better then him right now,,,,,,,,,, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO ARGUMENT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then i say give the lil dude his room and allow him to continue to try and prove that he is the greatest rapper alive. he certainly is doing a pretty good job right now imo.

I agree with what most of you said. Definitely not the best out to me ... but I could see how someone else would think so ...

can't wait for the elitests in come in here tho ...

lol, did the boy like Forest Whitiker in the Great Debaters...
- but anyone that calls him the greatest rapper alive,,,,,,,,,,,, has a legitamate argument wether you like it or not.

no the +*!# them N's dont...i'm sorry

SMH, I remember 80% of NT was on Waynes scrotum and 60% of the threads in the Music forum were about lil' wayne...
laugh.gif

Same with Jim Jones....he had a good run in the Music Forum too...everyone would some how intergrate "ballllllliiiiin" or "goonies"in theirposts....

Times have changed

FABOLOUS > WAYNE

woahhhhh, but hey,, you are entitled to your opinion.

Buddens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wayne

me personally, i like budden better then wayne,,, budden is in my top 3. but wayne is in my top 10. similar to how i saw a thread recently compairing jay z tojoe budden,,,,,,,,,,,,, the simple fact that you say joe budden > lil wayne doesnt say much because,,,,, joe budden is one of the best. putting wayne in thesame conversation only validates that wayne is among the best.

no the +*!# them N's dont...i'm sorry

why not?

also,,,, shout to davinci for having ice la foxx as your avatar,,,,,, i luv that woman,,, but aint nobody touching pinky right now
pimp.gif

weezy dont even make songs... a punchline rapper cant b the best... dude albums sound like mixtapes... he RARELY has a subjet and sticks to it...

its a difference between being the greatest rapper and the hottest rapper....most of the reasons you listed would co-sign the latter (and I disagree with himbeing lyrically nice & killing verses in 07)....there is no legitamite reason to place the 'greatest rapper alive' tag on dude

if you cant name atleast 10 artists better then him right now,,,,,,,,,, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO ARGUMENT
Jay
Nas
Ghostface
Scarface
Andre 300
Lupe
Buddens
Beans
Bun-B
Pusha-T

that was fairly easy, i could open up the iPod and throw mad names out there...

has a cult following
- owned the mixtape scene in 2007
- was the go-to artist in the game

is blazing hot right now

Those are the only things that are true about lil wayne right now.If wayne has potential to be the hottest rapper out right now then so did Ja Rule when he was killing it. Wayne sucks simple and plain, its not hate cuz I dont have no problem listening to the dude. I straight up tolerate his songs for the laughter I get out of his wierd voice and Stupidity in his verses. However, after 2 songs I had enough humor. And where u get off saying he is lyrically nice, stop it. I have yet to see any lil wayne lover post a truly cut throat lyrical verse from this dude.I done heard a lot of wayne music and not one has stood out to make pull up on the track or pick the words apart. All they have are simple minded phrases, which means you wayne fans need to raise your standards for whats intellegent.
In the words of Pusha T "Flow effort-less, I raise the Bar for excellence"

Ok now look, we all know that literally Lil Wayne is not the best rapper alive. PERIOD! But you have to see where the younger generation is coming from. Theymay have not been exposed to the Great Lyricist's that we have. They may not have come to appreciate the craft of hip hop like we have. What they may knowis what's hot RIGHT NOW! Bottom line is Wayne is RIGHT NOW!! You can't argue that. There are some artist that have the potential to or are already eonsabove Wayne but they don't have the same following. It's hard trying to tell someone about another artist that has no commercial standpoint. Theaverage listner is not searching for those artist right now. They could care less. All they know is what they see. For example, I am a huge Illanoise fan. Itry to educate ppl on dude and they ain't tryin to hear what I got to say. But I can tell them that I just got this new Wayne from JuneBug the Bootleg Manand they gonna say what u waitin for? Pop that in! Granted, me personally, I think Wayne is talented and the way he is reaching his fans is incredible. On aside note, he hasn't been the same since the Drought 3 though. I think that Budden is better than dude but you can't argue with someone who doesn'tknow anything about Budden besides what video he did. If the artist that we feel are better than him had the same kind of cult he had plus the will tocompletely fill up their library and share it with the public then there probably wouldn't be as many ppl out here agreeing with him when he says He'sThe Best Rapper Alive. And for the record why can't he say that? I was taught to be the best at what you do and don't sell yourself short. If youdon't think you are the best then why are you doin it?

thats just it... the younger generation has to realize that buxx does not equal talent... mike jones had a freakin buzz when he dropped...

Right!! Now I remember when Mike Jones was everywhere and you had some people who didn't care who else was rappin they jus knew that they kept hearin thisdude.....so in turn they started sayin that he is actually really good. I am not one to down anyone's talent nor knock their hustle but cmon I know, thepolice and the brand new pope know that's not true.

There is absolutely no possible way to defend the argument that Lil Wayne is the best out. Just because a bunch of teenagers who have never been exposed toanything outside of BET think his lyrics are nice and hype him up way more than deserved does not mean he is the best anything. Hype does not equal skills,talent, potential, etc. Hype equals hype and that is it. Sure there are cases where hype comes about due to talent or to perceived potential but with Lil Waynethis is not the case. IMO his lyrics have gotten worse over time and he thinks that him mumbling over beats as he sips from his styrofoam cup and sniffs a gramis good enough to solidify his position among top tier rappers. False.

Although I think Wayne right now is hot trash I can see shades of potential in him. Potential to go beyond that "get money" nonsense where he rapsabout the same thing with the same people. The thing is, when you bring up Joe Budden or Fabolous, imo, they have remained fairly consistent over time. Somemay say that Fab's older material is better and I can see that, but the fact remains that rarely when listening to a Joe Budden or Fab track has there beenan instance where I just shake my head and turn my speakers off because what they said was such utter nonsense and put together with such a lack of effort thatI was just shocked that this was even allowed to be recorded. I've said that a Fab or Budden joint wasn't that hot or could have been better butI've never been consistently disspointed with them like I and many other people have been with Wayne.

To me, to be the best you have to be somewhat consistent. I know that everyone has a few bad songs here and there or an album that doesn't live up to oneof its predecessors but with Wayne, to me, it's like he's always on extreme opposties of the spectrum. Either he's spitting something hot orspitting something so trash that it's unbearble to listen to. To use basketball as an analogy, I could never call a person who averages 30 points a gamefor one month or one year of their career and then averages 5-6 ppg the rest of the time the best basketball player alive.

To me Wayne has potential to be the best but will never be. (Vince Carter of the rap game)

Ns up in here writin paragraphs
smh.gif

If you believe there is a legitimate argument for Wayne being the greatest rapper alive then there is also one for Afro Man.

Oh n Akinelye gruntin words at the end of his bars >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wayne

smokin.gif

i remember way back that one of the current NT'ers got handled by his younger brother when he confronted him about taking and wearing his clothes/shoes.

BEST PROTECT YA NECKK!!

Back
Top Bottom