So... No One Is Gonna Talk About the Gucci/Prada Blackface Thing?

Is naughtyhare a cheapskate?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I honestly Thought the Katy perry shoes were more flagrant than the Gucci mask lol

If it wasn’t an uproar about it , I honestly wouldn’t of thought much about it.

its a part of her history

blackface was historically used to denigrate

so if she wears it in 2019 its ironic or tongue in cheek

the problem with gucci it theyre making blacface so white folks can wear it

its a part of her history

blackface was historically used to denigrate

so if she wears it in 2019 its ironic or tongue in cheek

the problem with gucci it theyre making blacface so white folks can wear it

That dog won't hunt, for me.
As ironic or tongue in cheek as it can be, it's not a flattering graphic nor is it "beautiful" so I don't see the allure

That dog won't hunt, for me.
As ironic or tongue in cheek as it can be, it's not a flattering graphic nor is it "beautiful" so I don't see the allure

it dont gotta be beautiful or flattering

like i said it could be highlighting how it used to be for black entertainers compared to the celeb she enjoys today

it dont gotta be beautiful or flattering

like i said it could be highlighting how it used to be for black entertainers compared to the celeb she enjoys today

I mean I get it, I think it just means "less" because it's clothing and not a direct form of art. Like if it was done on a canvas then I'd probably feel different about it.
The Story of OJ character was based on the blackface aesthetic too right? Since that was done with an obvious purpose in connection with the song, I feel differently about it. As just a jacket and no backstory or explanation it just seems odd

Could be but the image alone leaves me with too many questions. I'm sure there's more to the story, but I can't say that "she's black so it's okay" works for me.

I highly doubt she picked that jacket up and said "THis is sooo cute", there was a reason

i think shes black so its ok is fine

she can call it paying homage

blackface happened so as much as white people shouldnt do it we shouldnt let it be forgotten or co-opted by luxury brands either

Letting it be forgotten =/= wearing it as clothing
It can be taught in school, put in museums, etc. The same way those statues of confederate soldiers can be taken down without "erasing history".

yea but i bet in terms of exposure beyonce brings more visibility to young ppl than a museum

it should be both youre right

and those statues are representative of history upholding racists in a positive light

thats not the same as making sure a negative portrayal isnt absconded with by profit seekers

My take: as long as a persons affinity for a culture that’s not their own is organic, occurred naturally and there isn’t any ulterior motives then they’re fine to participate so long as they stay in their lane and actually pledge their support. Don’t talk about it be about it. If you really **** with us then you will support us. Patron minority businesses, vote accordingly, you know...actually support.

Conversely if a person all of the sudden takes interest in a culture they never previously took the time to support and they’re clearly working with an angle then we have a problem.

how am i completely ignoring it when i said outright i dont want them profiting from it?

beyonce wearing one jacket isnt the same as gucci manufacturing sweaters

that guy that designed it probably did it for free just to say its his jacket on her back

if a black brand made those sweaters for black people this wouldnt be an issue

its the very fact that its a white a white brand profiting off racism that is the issue

I can't believe ya'll let him dance around that one....again.

I posted the pic and the designer...and just as I knew he would...he took the bait and didn't realize it :lol:

By hand2handking hand2handking logic...the gucci balaclava would be A OK if Beyonce was wearing it

He's completely ignoring who it was manufactured by...and planting his argument on who's wearing it :lol:

Your setup game is on point :lol:

how is it a setup when he only reached for that AFTER i said shes black so she can wear it?

if i had said who designed the jacket off rip would it be a set up?

how am i completely ignoring it when i said outright i dont want them profiting from it?

beyonce wearing one jacket isnt the same as gucci manufacturing sweaters

that guy that designed it probably did it for free just to say its his jacket on her back

if a black brand made those sweaters for black people this wouldnt be an issue

its the very fact that its a white a white brand profiting off racism that is the issue

It retailed for $320 my guy :lol:

at a fashion art studio owned by this lovely lady

patricia-field.jpg

I totally agree with you here though. I can picture black owned brands making these pieces as a sort of tribute/lesson In history. Can’t justify these other brands though, very distasteful.

Back
Top Bottom