So... No One Is Gonna Talk About the Gucci/Prada Blackface Thing?

Is naughtyhare a cheapskate?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Whats the differenced between these two shoes?
Air-Jordan-1-Defiant-Couture-BQ6682-006-Release-Date-1+%281%29+%281%29.jpg

katy-perry-face-shoes-103.jpg

in conjunction in so far as its not a black designer to say "well shucks a black person put her in that jacket so who can complain?"

now you tell me the jackets retailed i bet beyonce got a dollar in her pocket for wearing it and thus that jacket must have escaped the scrunity that gucci didnt

Whats the differenced between these two shoes?
Air-Jordan-1-Defiant-Couture-BQ6682-006-Release-Date-1+%281%29+%281%29.jpg

katy-perry-face-shoes-103.jpg

One is a Nike Air Jordan I basketball shoe. The other is a slip on. One is designed by Nike the other was designed by Katy Perry's brand. The Nikes have shoe laces, the slip on does not. The Nikes have a thick cream colored midsole, the slip ons don't even have a midsole. One has a big face with blue eyes, a gold nose and big red lips. The other doesn't. I think that about covers it, as I don't know prices and materials.

how am i completely ignoring it when i said outright i dont want them profiting from it?

beyonce wearing one jacket isnt the same as gucci manufacturing sweaters

that guy that designed it probably did it for free just to say its his jacket on her back

if a black brand made those sweaters for black people this wouldnt be an issue

its the very fact that its a white a white brand profiting off racism that is the issue

The issue would be, it's harder to make the case that a white designer created a blackface themed jacket with pure intentions.

its not i dont apply it

its beyonce didnt apply it

shes wearing the jacket she requested or approved the design

so if its ok with her who am i to say why shes wearing it or what it means

but again shes black she can do that

a white person in that jacket given the history of minstrelsy is an insult

So basically, you give Beyoncé the benefit of the doubt that it's positive until proven otherwise

beyonce rocking this wouldnt make it innocuous thou..so fail :lol:

goalpost shifted

when did inconspicuousness matter when wearing a jacket with sambo on it?

no the point you were trying to make is that clothes dont matter depending on whos wearing them and thats false

so fail for your own logic failing you and that poor rebuttal

So basically, you give Beyoncé the benefit of the doubt that it's positive until proven otherwise

unless beyonce hates her race and i dont know about it?

this is not a black people shouldnt do it nobody should do it kind of thing

the same way ppl tried to put a positive spin on the n word its possible to want to make a positive light of blackface/minstrelsy IF youre black

but in putting it on jackets etc it could be way of not letting it be forgotten outside of museums and history books etc

and even that you cant trust when they wanna turn the slave trade into the triangle trade of goods and services smh

You CAN NOT BE THIS DENSE :lol:

You actually thought me posting the designer was in CONJUNCTION with your "she's black" comment:rofl:

Fam forreal...what is wrong with you?
I was gonna clarify it for him but I'm just waking up. I think he knew what we meant

hand2handking hand2handking if Gucci is catching flak for designing the blackface sweater, do you think the DESIGNER of the Beyonce garment should catch flak as well?

I was gonna clarify it for him but I'm just waking up. I think he knew what we meant

hand2handking hand2handking if Gucci is catching flak for designing the blackface sweater, do you think the DESIGNER of the Beyonce garment should catch flak as well?

that depends

did he do the design independent just randomly making a blackface coat?

or did beyonce have something to do with it? as in requesting or approving of it?

did it go on sale before she wore it or after?

did proceeds go to charity?

Back
Top Bottom