So... No One Is Gonna Talk About the Gucci/Prada Blackface Thing?

Is naughtyhare a cheapskate?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There is a difference between what Beyonce is wearing, because the coat is reference to Mardi Gras puppets, New Orleans, not Blackface caricature. The difference between Blackface and what some puppets represent at Mardi Gras, is quite clear. People should know the difference.

Edit: I do not know what the creator of that coat was thinking. So I will let my original comment stand to show that I may be incorrect in my assessment.

Last edited:
To insult white people in America along similar lines as blackface, is to do something against the so called american flag. This is what was at the root of the uproar over Kaep. They made it about the flag, their image as a nation. Then it was shifted toward the military, the image of such force and supposed character.

so did dude inadvertently set himself up from the jump w that example of beyonces jacket?
I can't answer that. However, I can say that much of the culture surrounding Mardi Gras in New Orleans does have racist origins. The difference is that some of those caricatures have meaning beyond race. It is like with Yoruba culture. If you research deities in those cultures, exaggerated features are a part of those supposed special powers or characteristics of said deity. With Cultures like that of N.O., it gets tricky in regard to what is acceptable due to the culture. Outsiders may be insulted, but those growing up within that culture may see it as normal, acceptable.

There is a difference between what Beyonce is wearing, because the coat is reference to Mardi Gras puppets, New Orleans, not Blackface caricature.

nope, most of these brands are gettin roasted for products that can be perceived as blackface regardless of what it really is.

i just meant in as much as him bringing up a white designer of what he thought was bonafide blackface turning out not to be that

The artist spoke about this....and he didn't say **** about Mardi Gras in New Orleans being the inspiration behind it.

“I honestly don’t even know what to say about how things became so distorted,” he said. “I can see the resemblance that some people are talking about, and I am deeply sorry, I would never intend to make anyone feel bad, but I create images from a happy place. I see clowns, flowers, monsters, portraits, superheroes and animals, and I apply my vision to them, and my aesthetics to the final product"

The artist spoke about this....and he didn't say **** about Mardi Gras in New Orleans being the inspiration behind it.
Duly noted. I cannot speak to his intentions at all. But that face is from a Mardi Gras caricature, whether the artist wants to admit that or not. It would not be the first time someone white got inspiration and then stole an image created for and then by Black people.
Ambassador-56a3f4065f9b58b7d0d4a6d2.jpg

This is reminding me of the firefighter watermelon thread. It's a shame that the history of the country is so dark and treacherous that people have to be so cautious about things as minor as foods and clothing.

people jumped on the boycott bandwagon too quick.

That sweater came in different colors, but no articles mention that.

This is reminding me of the firefighter watermelon thread. It's a shame that the history of the country is so dark and treacherous that people have to be so cautious about things as minor as foods and clothing.

The problem is that because the history is so dark they avoid teaching it in schools and people don't realize how horrible the people in this country were/are so we end up with people not "understanding" how something can be offensive and only see "clowns"

If America was willing to embrace and hold itself accountable for it's nasty and violent past we could have better race relations but instead it chooses to hide things out of shame and embarrassment then claim victim when their ignorance shoves their foot in their mouths

They do not teach, and never have taught the true history of this country in schools, especially not in PUBLIC schools.
True story here. When I was a kid, in kindergarten, they taught that everyone came over here to the Americas on the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria. I bought my homework home, then had to color in the boats and stuff, the water, and then cosign this assignment. Every kid wants to get good grades to impress their parents, right? Nobody wants to get a failing grade. So I tell my mom that we all came over here on the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria. My Mom looked at me, called my uncles to where I was doing this homework, then instructed me to tell this story again. I repeated the story and my Uncle laughed loud, grabbed me by the shoulders and looked me square in the eye and said. We were at the bottom of the boat. I was five years old. My parents, Mom and Dad forced a change in the curriculum in that school, and it only worked because my cousin was also a well established politician in Brooklyn. Without that backing, the change would not have happened.

This country, those who are in control of it, do not want everyone to know the dirt, the true story of how it really came to be. That would be a true education. If you know the dirt, you can rise above it. When Trump speaks of rapists, criminals, and other lowlifes coming here, he is really talking about the White people who wiped out the natives, those who raped and pillaged everywhere they arrived, even forced a pathetic deity and his religion upon everyone, and continues to this day. However since he is so stupid, he doesn't even realize it.

Screw Gucci.

Last edited:
The problem is that because the history is so dark they avoid teaching it in schools and people don't realize how horrible the people in this country were/are so we end up with people not "understanding" how something can be offensive and only see "clowns"

If America was willing to embrace and hold itself accountable for it's nasty and violent past we could have better race relations but instead it chooses to hide things out of shame and embarrassment then claim victim when their ignorance shoves their foot in their mouths
Well said. How do you think this conversation can begin? Would it take an athlete or celebrity to do it?

Well said. How do you think this conversation can begin? Would it take an athlete or celebrity to do it?

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but Imma speak with confidence here:
It's gonna start first internally, a person only learns when they make themselves open to learning about something that may conflict with what they currently believe. Get some people who can have a respectful conversation about things the other persons don't know/understand but are willing to accept somebody else's experience and that's where growth begins

I want to see gucci make some sweaters with an american flag, then adorn it with a huge black penis right over the stripes, landing right in the butthole of uncle sam at the base of the flag.
That may go over pretty well in the white gay community, actually.

I want to see gucci make some sweaters with an american flag, then adorn it with a huge black penis right over the stripes, landing right in the butthole of uncle sam at the base of the flag.
That may go over pretty well in the white gay community, actually.
You’d cop every color?

#ados is for black american descendants of slaves not canadian rappers

So growing up in another country erases your ethnicity/lineage?

His father is an ADOS from Memphis.

You would agree with me that African-Americans or ADOS are their own unique ethnicity and culture no?

Back
Top Bottom