So NT, Are you going to tell your kids Santa Claus is fake?

You damn right  I will. I'm not about to let some white man who works once a year take credit for all the hard work I put in year round to supply my spoiled +** children with gifts.
grin.gif

Spoiler [+]
Of course I wouldn't do that. I'm not robbing my children of the Christmas Spirit

Originally Posted by carbon16

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

I will do like my mom did and tell us he isn't real. It didn't kill the spirit of the holidays. But, her logic which I wholeheartedly agree with is that these presents didn't just appear from thin air and then delivered by some white man under our tree. She wanted us to understand the hard work and struggle she had to put in each year to get us what we asked for and provide a christmas for us. Also, if kids don't get what they want and believe in santa they think they have been bad or whatever. If they understand that their parents had to work their a** off just to have any presents under the tree they will really appreciate everything they ever get for Christmas. Every year I was excited and appreciative of my mom to even have one present under our christmas tree.

QFT
laugh.gif
at everybody saying that you'll ruin their childhood by telling them santa isn't real, how? My kids will still have gifts on christmas morning but they wont be from a fat white dude from piru
roll.gif
. Christmas happens one time out of the year so I don't see how their childhood would be ruined. In my household christmas will be about family and Christ.
there is no need to preach to my 2 year old about how hard i work.... when they grow up and learn that there is no santa then they will know that is was me and my wife that worked hard for their presents....

You damn right  I will. I'm not about to let some white man who works once a year take credit for all the hard work I put in year round to supply my spoiled +** children with gifts.
grin.gif

Spoiler [+]
Of course I wouldn't do that. I'm not robbing my children of the Christmas Spirit

I will do like my mom did and tell us he isn't real. It didn't kill the spirit of the holidays. But, her logic which I wholeheartedly agree with is that these presents didn't just appear from thin air and then delivered by some white man under our tree. She wanted us to understand the hard work and struggle she had to put in each year to get us what we asked for and provide a christmas for us. Also, if kids don't get what they want and believe in santa they think they have been bad or whatever. If they understand that their parents had to work their a** off just to have any presents under the tree they will really appreciate everything they ever get for Christmas. Every year I was excited and appreciative of my mom to even have one present under our christmas tree.

QFT
laugh.gif
at everybody saying that you'll ruin their childhood by telling them santa isn't real, how? My kids will still have gifts on christmas morning but they wont be from a fat white dude from piru
roll.gif
. Christmas happens one time out of the year so I don't see how their childhood would be ruined. In my household christmas will be about family and Christ.
there is no need to preach to my 2 year old about how hard i work.... when they grow up and learn that there is no santa then they will know that is was me and my wife that worked hard for their presents....

But how does not knowing about Santa ruining a childhood? And why are people indirectly calling folks bad/selfish parents because of it? So a kid can't enjoy the Holiday if they don't believe in Santa? Crazy thinking in this thread.

But how does not knowing about Santa ruining a childhood? And why are people indirectly calling folks bad/selfish parents because of it? So a kid can't enjoy the Holiday if they don't believe in Santa? Crazy thinking in this thread.

its letting the kids imagine about things... if my kids are happy wondering about the world santa lives in, why would i but in.... imagination is a good thing for kids... there is no need for them to know about the real world at such a young age...

its letting the kids imagine about things... if my kids are happy wondering about the world santa lives in, why would i but in.... imagination is a good thing for kids... there is no need for them to know about the real world at such a young age...

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Christmas will not be tolerated in my household.

this. and in my household there is only room for THE TRUTH, which shall set us all free. we are definitely NOT told the truth in this country, which is why we are all in bondage (w/ out the chains, of course, to give the ILLUSION of true freedom). that said, all the other so-called "holy days" will NOT be acknowledged. this includes: easter, thanksgiving, etc.

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Christmas will not be tolerated in my household.

this. and in my household there is only room for THE TRUTH, which shall set us all free. we are definitely NOT told the truth in this country, which is why we are all in bondage (w/ out the chains, of course, to give the ILLUSION of true freedom). that said, all the other so-called "holy days" will NOT be acknowledged. this includes: easter, thanksgiving, etc.

Absolutely. I'm not letting some fat white dude take credit for MY hard work. I don't see how knowing the truth about Santa is detrimental to a kid's childhood either. I wasn't crestfallen at all when I found out.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Again, is Santa, Easter Bunny, etc the only times in a childhood that a kid will be "allowed" to imagine things?Those aren't the only instances in which imagination will be put to use. I still don't see how it ruins a childhood. Can someone else offer a better explanation?

Absolutely. I'm not letting some fat white dude take credit for MY hard work. I don't see how knowing the truth about Santa is detrimental to a kid's childhood either. I wasn't crestfallen at all when I found out.

Again, is Santa, Easter Bunny, etc the only times in a childhood that a kid will be "allowed" to imagine things?Those aren't the only instances in which imagination will be put to use. I still don't see how it ruins a childhood. Can someone else offer a better explanation?

QFT
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Nobody said anything about preaching to a 2 year old, their not old enough to comprehend what you'd be preaching to them anyway
laugh.gif
but im not about to do the whole "better be good cuz santa is coming to town" thing. I rather buy the gifts, put them under the tree and watch my childs face on christmas morning, chances are they won't even ask who there from.

QFT
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Nobody said anything about preaching to a 2 year old, their not old enough to comprehend what you'd be preaching to them anyway
laugh.gif
but im not about to do the whole "better be good cuz santa is coming to town" thing. I rather buy the gifts, put them under the tree and watch my childs face on christmas morning, chances are they won't even ask who there from.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

who ever said it would/will be the only time they can imagine things?.. its just more things for kids to be happy about...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

who ever said it would/will be the only time they can imagine things?.. its just more things for kids to be happy about...

QFT
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
read what you quoted the first time...

QFT
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
read what you quoted the first time...

Originally Posted by NikeHolic23

Not at all. I'm going to let my kids be 'kids,' and grow up believing in the magic of Christmas, Santa Claus, etc...

I wouldn't want to rob them of that youth so early.
dland24 wrote:
Just like it was done for my brother and I......my future kids will be given the opportunity to figure it out for themselves.

Originally Posted by NikeHolic23

Not at all. I'm going to let my kids be 'kids,' and grow up believing in the magic of Christmas, Santa Claus, etc...

I wouldn't want to rob them of that youth so early.
dland24 wrote:
Just like it was done for my brother and I......my future kids will be given the opportunity to figure it out for themselves.

never knew kids actually believed gifts came from santa when i was little i didnt
but id let them beleive what they want and eventually find out on their own

Back
Top Bottom