So NT, Are you going to tell your kids Santa Claus is fake?

never knew kids actually believed gifts came from santa when i was little i didnt
but id let them beleive what they want and eventually find out on their own

no. it wont matter when they find out either cuz ill raise my kids not to be cry babies.

no. it wont matter when they find out either cuz ill raise my kids not to be cry babies.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by carbon16

there is no need to preach to my 2 year old about how hard i work.... when they grow up and learn that there is no santa then they will know that is was me and my wife that worked hard for their presents....
Nobody said anything about preaching to a 2 year old, their not old enough to comprehend what you'd be preaching to them anyway
laugh.gif
but im not about to do the whole "better be good cuz santa is coming to town" thing. I rather buy the gifts, put them under the tree and watch my childs face on christmas morning, chances are they won't even ask who there from.
read what you quoted the first time...
I did and there was nothing about preaching to a 2 year old and im pretty sure rocathajordans23's mother told him santa wasn't real at a time where he could comprehend it.

there is no need to preach to my 2 year old about how hard i work.... when they grow up and learn that there is no santa then they will know that is was me and my wife that worked hard for their presents....
Nobody said anything about preaching to a 2 year old, their not old enough to comprehend what you'd be preaching to them anyway
laugh.gif
but im not about to do the whole "better be good cuz santa is coming to town" thing. I rather buy the gifts, put them under the tree and watch my childs face on christmas morning, chances are they won't even ask who there from.
I did and there was nothing about preaching to a 2 year old and im pretty sure rocathajordans23's mother told him santa wasn't real at a time where he could comprehend it.

laugh.gif
I will do like my mom did and tell us he isn't real. It didn't kill the spirit of the holidays. But, her logic which I wholeheartedly agree with is that these presents didn't just appear from thin air and then delivered by some white man under our tree. She wanted us to understand the hard work and struggle she had to put in each year to get us what we asked for and provide a christmas for us. Also, if kids don't get what they want and believe in santa they think they have been bad or whatever. If they understand that their parents had to work their a** off just to have any presents under the tree they will really appreciate everything they ever get for Christmas. Every year I was excited and appreciative of my mom to even have one present under our christmas tree.
laugh.gif
your taking this 2 year old thing to seriously... my son is 5 and still believes in santa while my daughter is 8 and knows he is not real...  im not gonna sit there and tell my son that i bust my !%@ everyday at work and had to do overtime to buy him that iron man toy... my daughter knows now and thats fine.. but let kids be kids

laugh.gif
I will do like my mom did and tell us he isn't real. It didn't kill the spirit of the holidays. But, her logic which I wholeheartedly agree with is that these presents didn't just appear from thin air and then delivered by some white man under our tree. She wanted us to understand the hard work and struggle she had to put in each year to get us what we asked for and provide a christmas for us. Also, if kids don't get what they want and believe in santa they think they have been bad or whatever. If they understand that their parents had to work their a** off just to have any presents under the tree they will really appreciate everything they ever get for Christmas. Every year I was excited and appreciative of my mom to even have one present under our christmas tree.
laugh.gif
your taking this 2 year old thing to seriously... my son is 5 and still believes in santa while my daughter is 8 and knows he is not real...  im not gonna sit there and tell my son that i bust my !%@ everyday at work and had to do overtime to buy him that iron man toy... my daughter knows now and thats fine.. but let kids be kids

laugh.gif

Why does your son need to know all of that?.. And even if you DID decide to tell him the truth (in such detailed fashion, e.g., busting your #@* everyday), he'd probably appreciate your gifts and YOU more (as the person you quoted said, but I guess that wasn't important enough for you to underline 
laugh.gif
)..  
grin.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Why does your son need to know all of that?.. And even if you DID decide to tell him the truth (in such detailed fashion, e.g., busting your #@* everyday), he'd probably appreciate your gifts and YOU more (as the person you quoted said, but I guess that wasn't important enough for you to underline 
laugh.gif
)..  
grin.gif

indifferent.gif

we buy my kids enough gifts where they appreciate what we get them... but thats what some people are arguing about... the parents want credit for their hard work and not let some fat guy in a red suit get it... its not like santa is getting him the bike and i get credit for the underwear..
laugh.gif

we buy my kids enough gifts where they appreciate what we get them... but thats what some people are arguing about... the parents want credit for their hard work and not let some fat guy in a red suit get it... its not like santa is getting him the bike and i get credit for the underwear..
laugh.gif

If I have it my way they won't even know what Santa is. I don't see how my children won't know it's their parents that provide for them at a young age.

Not some creepy old fat white guy that's supposedly watching them.

Then again we won't be celebrating x-mas anyway.

If I have it my way they won't even know what Santa is. I don't see how my children won't know it's their parents that provide for them at a young age.

Not some creepy old fat white guy that's supposedly watching them.

Then again we won't be celebrating x-mas anyway.

laugh.gif

Im not either but im also not gonna play the "be good for santa", "lets send this letter to the north pole" role also. When a child is 1-4 and santa isn't mentioned in our household they probably won't fully understand who/what santa is except for things on television and things in store so when presents are under the tree they'll either forget about who brought them or ask who did and that's when I'll say "Your mother and myself". You say "let kids be kids", well them playing with the toys and gadgets they receive will be them being kids, Santa or the imagination of santa doesn't define what a child/childhood is so it won't be detrimental if he doesn't exist. Just to be curious whats your take on families that don't celebrate christmas at all? Do you feel like the children are losing their childhood because of it? Personally I don't because there's a whole lot more that goes into what we call a childhood (having friends, playing, cartoons, etc...). As a child I believed in santa like other kids but I also saw that other kids who's behavior was worst than mine who got more gifts than me and I started to question this santa dude
laugh.gif
I also realized that they had both parents with jobs and I only had one so it was obvious what was goin on. On top of everything else, when I look at my childhood it wasn't santa(who turned out to be fake) that made it what it was but it was the Tv shows, the friends I had and the stores we shared when we got older and reminisced.

laugh.gif

Im not either but im also not gonna play the "be good for santa", "lets send this letter to the north pole" role also. When a child is 1-4 and santa isn't mentioned in our household they probably won't fully understand who/what santa is except for things on television and things in store so when presents are under the tree they'll either forget about who brought them or ask who did and that's when I'll say "Your mother and myself". You say "let kids be kids", well them playing with the toys and gadgets they receive will be them being kids, Santa or the imagination of santa doesn't define what a child/childhood is so it won't be detrimental if he doesn't exist. Just to be curious whats your take on families that don't celebrate christmas at all? Do you feel like the children are losing their childhood because of it? Personally I don't because there's a whole lot more that goes into what we call a childhood (having friends, playing, cartoons, etc...). As a child I believed in santa like other kids but I also saw that other kids who's behavior was worst than mine who got more gifts than me and I started to question this santa dude
laugh.gif
I also realized that they had both parents with jobs and I only had one so it was obvious what was goin on. On top of everything else, when I look at my childhood it wasn't santa(who turned out to be fake) that made it what it was but it was the Tv shows, the friends I had and the stores we shared when we got older and reminisced.

Back
Top Bottom