So NT, Are you going to tell your kids Santa Claus is fake?

I was going to create a new thread but I see one already exists.

I was talking to this Ultra Religious girl recently and surprisingly she is going to tell her kids about Santa. I said are you really going to undermine the hard work that you put in? She said it is part of having a childhood, believing in Santa. I told her that I am surprised that someone as deep into your "craft" why would you let your child believe in HIM?

She couldn't really tell me why other than the answer she gave. I personally view it as slight worship of another entity, she obviously didn't view it that way.

I was going to put my $0.02 in but then I looked at response #17 in this thread.

-J-

I was going to put my $0.02 in but then I looked at response #17 in this thread.

-J-

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

I'd never rob my kids of that.
30t6p3b.gif
at parents who do and then their children will tell my children

Why are you looking down at those people that do "that."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I was talking to this Ultra Religious girl recently and surprisingly she is going to tell her kids about Santa. I said are you really going to undermine the hard work that you put in? She said it is part of having a childhood, believing in Santa. I told her that I am surprised that someone as deep into your "craft" why would you let your child believe in HIM?

She couldn't really tell me why other than the answer she gave. I personally view it as slight worship of another entity, she obviously didn't view it that way.
you're the worst. 

you're the worst. 

Originally Posted by NikeHolic23

Not at all. I'm going to let my kids be 'kids,' and grow up believing in the magic of Christmas, Santa Claus, etc...

I wouldn't want to rob them of that youth so early.
Perfect first response...kids are robbed of their innoncence too early and often in this world. Mine are gonna get it all ie easter bunny, tooth fairy, santa

Originally Posted by NikeHolic23

Not at all. I'm going to let my kids be 'kids,' and grow up believing in the magic of Christmas, Santa Claus, etc...

I wouldn't want to rob them of that youth so early.
Perfect first response...kids are robbed of their innoncence too early and often in this world. Mine are gonna get it all ie easter bunny, tooth fairy, santa

Applause, but know that I just got banned for 14 days for it.
indifferent.gif
 I replied to 3 older topics in 1 day and Meth said I was on a "rampage," and 2 week suspended me.

Applause, but know that I just got banned for 14 days for it.
indifferent.gif
 I replied to 3 older topics in 1 day and Meth said I was on a "rampage," and 2 week suspended me.

a lot of tv shows kids watch already tell them about santa...when they get older they will just read between the lines

a lot of tv shows kids watch already tell them about santa...when they get older they will just read between the lines

yeh but its best to let them learn...I'm not trying to stray too far from the ways my parents raised me. I turned out alright.

I used to love waking up at 4 or 5 am and seeing my "Santa" gifts unwrapped and glistening under thee tree and then my gifts from parents wrapped up.

This will be the first year where my girls can pull their wrapping off themselves, I can't wait!

yeh but its best to let them learn...I'm not trying to stray too far from the ways my parents raised me. I turned out alright.

I used to love waking up at 4 or 5 am and seeing my "Santa" gifts unwrapped and glistening under thee tree and then my gifts from parents wrapped up.

This will be the first year where my girls can pull their wrapping off themselves, I can't wait!

My children will experience the spirit of Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, etc. I did, and figured it out on my own that they were fake, but the years I believed is what childhood was about.

My children will experience the spirit of Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, etc. I did, and figured it out on my own that they were fake, but the years I believed is what childhood was about.

I won't let them believe in Santa it is morbidly obese. I will let them believe in rudolph the red nosed reindeer and Slash.

I won't let them believe in Santa it is morbidly obese. I will let them believe in rudolph the red nosed reindeer and Slash.

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

I will do like my mom did and tell us he isn't real. It didn't kill the spirit of the holidays. But, her logic which I wholeheartedly agree with is that these presents didn't just appear from thin air and then delivered by some white man under our tree. She wanted us to understand the hard work and struggle she had to put in each year to get us what we asked for and provide a christmas for us. Also, if kids don't get what they want and believe in santa they think they have been bad or whatever. If they understand that their parents had to work their a** off just to have any presents under the tree they will really appreciate everything they ever get for Christmas. Every year I was excited and appreciative of my mom to even have one present under our christmas tree.

QFT
laugh.gif
at everybody saying that you'll ruin their childhood by telling them santa isn't real, how? My kids will still have gifts on christmas morning but they wont be from a fat white dude from piru
roll.gif
. Christmas happens one time out of the year so I don't see how their childhood would be ruined. In my household christmas will be about family and Christ.

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

I will do like my mom did and tell us he isn't real. It didn't kill the spirit of the holidays. But, her logic which I wholeheartedly agree with is that these presents didn't just appear from thin air and then delivered by some white man under our tree. She wanted us to understand the hard work and struggle she had to put in each year to get us what we asked for and provide a christmas for us. Also, if kids don't get what they want and believe in santa they think they have been bad or whatever. If they understand that their parents had to work their a** off just to have any presents under the tree they will really appreciate everything they ever get for Christmas. Every year I was excited and appreciative of my mom to even have one present under our christmas tree.

QFT
laugh.gif
at everybody saying that you'll ruin their childhood by telling them santa isn't real, how? My kids will still have gifts on christmas morning but they wont be from a fat white dude from piru
roll.gif
. Christmas happens one time out of the year so I don't see how their childhood would be ruined. In my household christmas will be about family and Christ.

Back
Top Bottom