HT SCREENSHOTS 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 @ seeing my sn in there 
nerd.gif
 that was some real comedy... "Ode to DJ Bana" 
laugh.gif

And real talk I would love to see religious debate threads get banned.

HT SCREENSHOTS 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 @ seeing my sn in there 
nerd.gif
 that was some real comedy... "Ode to DJ Bana" 
laugh.gif

And real talk I would love to see religious debate threads get banned.

Originally Posted by Method Man

agreed. been here for round 5 years. amongst the ~50 things id like to see on here that get mentioned on a regular basis, id reallyyyy like to see a rep up/rep down system. i think as stupid as it might seem, it gives people some incentive to be useful and to post things of worth. it also punishes people that post crap. it could, however, backfire and anybody that has a legitimate, controversial view could just get negged but thats besides the point.

say then, if somebody gets TOO many negs by the community, they get warned and a mod reviews them. maybe have the complete opposite concept for picking mods out. if somebody has a ridiculously high number of positive reps, they get to be a mod or junior mod, or senior member or w/e. you know what i mean, it happens on a lot of other forums.

anyways, id be interested in hearing your thoughts on it if its possible

Originally Posted by Method Man

agreed. been here for round 5 years. amongst the ~50 things id like to see on here that get mentioned on a regular basis, id reallyyyy like to see a rep up/rep down system. i think as stupid as it might seem, it gives people some incentive to be useful and to post things of worth. it also punishes people that post crap. it could, however, backfire and anybody that has a legitimate, controversial view could just get negged but thats besides the point.

say then, if somebody gets TOO many negs by the community, they get warned and a mod reviews them. maybe have the complete opposite concept for picking mods out. if somebody has a ridiculously high number of positive reps, they get to be a mod or junior mod, or senior member or w/e. you know what i mean, it happens on a lot of other forums.

anyways, id be interested in hearing your thoughts on it if its possible

Originally Posted by 1000xCartel

Originally Posted by Ryda421

if you're asking, then you are answering your own question.

just logg off life or better yet, stick to your ISS account

This whole thread releates to people like you. Ignorant.. That had nothing to do with the topic, man.
looks like I struck a nerve
alien.gif

are you alright ? you seem so mad, you could not even type correctly. anyways, i wrote that because i knew someone would quote (like you did) funny how you can predict the actions of a person through a computer.

*keeps it pushing*

Originally Posted by 1000xCartel

Originally Posted by Ryda421

if you're asking, then you are answering your own question.

just logg off life or better yet, stick to your ISS account

This whole thread releates to people like you. Ignorant.. That had nothing to do with the topic, man.
looks like I struck a nerve
alien.gif

are you alright ? you seem so mad, you could not even type correctly. anyways, i wrote that because i knew someone would quote (like you did) funny how you can predict the actions of a person through a computer.

*keeps it pushing*

All I know is...the functionality (or lack thereof) of Yuku killed it for me.

When it wasn't such a hassle to simply post or keep up with posts without double/triple/quadruple posts, worrying if the post even went through, or the random disappearing and reappearing of posts and pages...things were better all around.

When it wasn't such a hassle to simply post or keep up with posts without double/triple/quadruple posts, worrying if the post even went through, or the random disappearing and reappearing of posts and pages...things were better all around.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I agree...Yuku slowly killed it for me. I didnt come on this site for a while, until recently.

I lurked for a long time before I signed up. Maybe its just me, but this place doesnt have that same "effect" because i got older and some of the topics dont pertain to me. Im 28 now and I feel that the majority of the members posting in General are 21 yrs old and younger. I could be wrong though.
ohwell.gif
 There are waaay too many GF threads, along with others looking for e-props, e-fame, feelings of importance/acceptance, etc.

Dont get me wrong, I still like reading some of the threads, but i find myself filtering through a lot more, as to where before, Id read a hell of a lot more threads on the first page.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I agree...Yuku slowly killed it for me. I didnt come on this site for a while, until recently.

I lurked for a long time before I signed up. Maybe its just me, but this place doesnt have that same "effect" because i got older and some of the topics dont pertain to me. Im 28 now and I feel that the majority of the members posting in General are 21 yrs old and younger. I could be wrong though.
ohwell.gif
 There are waaay too many GF threads, along with others looking for e-props, e-fame, feelings of importance/acceptance, etc.

Dont get me wrong, I still like reading some of the threads, but i find myself filtering through a lot more, as to where before, Id read a hell of a lot more threads on the first page.

NT is like that average looking jump off that you call after midnight on the weekends when you are drunk. 

Its played, you know you can do better and you shouldn't be doing it. But you keep coming back anyways. 

NT is like that average looking jump off that you call after midnight on the weekends when you are drunk. 

Its played, you know you can do better and you shouldn't be doing it. But you keep coming back anyways. 

Joining around the era, of how NT "used to be" if that's how you want to put it...
Indeed a lot has changed since then:

Part of it is a lot of us have grown up with this community (as MM, alluded to). It's weird considering I used to view this forum as a non-member when my cousin used it actively. Then joining shortly after graduating high school (was bored one day) who would have thought I would be here even after graduating college as well.

The five word rule, all the zany characters and who can forget those PYPs.

PYPs were like amplified roasts sessions daily (even crazier than these twitter roast, although some of them can be just as 
laugh.gif
).

Otherwise, that's life and like all things they do become cyclical.

Joining around the era, of how NT "used to be" if that's how you want to put it...
Indeed a lot has changed since then:

Part of it is a lot of us have grown up with this community (as MM, alluded to). It's weird considering I used to view this forum as a non-member when my cousin used it actively. Then joining shortly after graduating high school (was bored one day) who would have thought I would be here even after graduating college as well.

The five word rule, all the zany characters and who can forget those PYPs.

PYPs were like amplified roasts sessions daily (even crazier than these twitter roast, although some of them can be just as 
laugh.gif
).

Otherwise, that's life and like all things they do become cyclical.

I have been with NT over a decade as well, and honestly the only difference I can tell is that NT is a lot "younger" than it was around 2000 and 2001. I felt like a was a little kid looking in on grown folks discussion back then.. You had the Ekins and the Jay Jones type dudes, old school dudes with alot of OG heat shuttin down the Jordan forum with news and collection pics. You had Characters come and go like lexgx(anyone remember him?) Harlem Shake Story being posted for the first time.

Now, as I am 11 years older, it feels like NT is alot less mature, which isn't a bad thing. Everytime I want a laugh, its usually no further than page 3 in General, and there are still some genuine helpers out there. If anything i believe the only thing we are missing are some older heads. I wonder if NT has an age cap? At what point do people lose interest?

I have been with NT over a decade as well, and honestly the only difference I can tell is that NT is a lot "younger" than it was around 2000 and 2001. I felt like a was a little kid looking in on grown folks discussion back then.. You had the Ekins and the Jay Jones type dudes, old school dudes with alot of OG heat shuttin down the Jordan forum with news and collection pics. You had Characters come and go like lexgx(anyone remember him?) Harlem Shake Story being posted for the first time.

Now, as I am 11 years older, it feels like NT is alot less mature, which isn't a bad thing. Everytime I want a laugh, its usually no further than page 3 in General, and there are still some genuine helpers out there. If anything i believe the only thing we are missing are some older heads. I wonder if NT has an age cap? At what point do people lose interest?

Remember when we'd flame a celeb or anyone mentioning NT in the media....

solely cause we didnt want others to find out about this wonderful forum...hahaha

Back
Top Bottom