So On The Real, How Did NT "Used To Be"

One of the funniest things I remember was when some dude got banned and made a new screen names just to come in here to make tons of threads trashing a mod here. I forgot which mod it was, but I believe it was either dirty or meth. This kid was hilarious, threads started off with "_______ sucks ________" or "________ likes to ________". And he made TONS of them...this was probably in late o5 or o6 and it was a late night attack. I can't be the only that remembers this...

One of the funniest things I remember was when some dude got banned and made a new screen names just to come in here to make tons of threads trashing a mod here. I forgot which mod it was, but I believe it was either dirty or meth. This kid was hilarious, threads started off with "_______ sucks ________" or "________ likes to ________". And he made TONS of them...this was probably in late o5 or o6 and it was a late night attack. I can't be the only that remembers this...

Originally Posted by oo206oo

HT had its moments, but mostly it was just racist shennanigans, spouted by ignorant dudes who probably shouldn't have skipped so many English classes in elementary school.
this. ^ i mostly went to HT for the music and just to watch the exposures, i cant believe no has mentioned "Edith"
nerd.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i remember dudes used to idolize this man oo206oo 's beard
laugh.gif

sometimes i look at people post counts like i been here for how ever many years and you been here for 1 and have 10x my posts count
30t6p3b.gif

i remember when posts counts used to mean something...
eyes.gif

i been on NT since 2004 previous alias's were JustHardMoney & The Big Homey
My Madden Tournament Threads > _______

Edit:
Remember the DipSet Stans??? these _'s used to idolize the dip set...
laugh.gif

HT had its moments, but mostly it was just racist shennanigans, spouted by ignorant dudes who probably shouldn't have skipped so many English classes in elementary school.
this. ^ i mostly went to HT for the music and just to watch the exposures, i cant believe no has mentioned "Edith"
nerd.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i remember dudes used to idolize this man oo206oo 's beard
laugh.gif

sometimes i look at people post counts like i been here for how ever many years and you been here for 1 and have 10x my posts count
30t6p3b.gif

i remember when posts counts used to mean something...
eyes.gif

i been on NT since 2004 previous alias's were JustHardMoney & The Big Homey
My Madden Tournament Threads > _______

Edit:
Remember the DipSet Stans??? these _'s used to idolize the dip set...
laugh.gif

People took things pretty seriously too; I think it was DOM and TRH arguing back and forth in the WDYWT section.

People took things pretty seriously too; I think it was DOM and TRH arguing back and forth in the WDYWT section.

15p5urn.jpg

I only recognize a little over half the people/stories behind them here
ohwell.gif

Photoshops have always been gold on NT!

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

People used to have their own style and personality on NT. Now everybody sounds the same.

Dude this might have been true only from the beginning until about 2001... with 50,000+ members you're going to see some monotony.
Also I'll just leave this here

2j9t10.jpg

15p5urn.jpg

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

People used to have their own style and personality on NT. Now everybody sounds the same.

Dude this might have been true only from the beginning until about 2001... with 50,000+ members you're going to see some monotony.
Also I'll just leave this here

2j9t10.jpg

Originally Posted by Shoryuken

15p5urn.jpg

ohwell.gif

Lol, i remember being low key like, "%**? why aint i in that damn PS?" when this was put together.

15p5urn.jpg

ohwell.gif

Lol, i remember being low key like, "%**? why aint i in that damn PS?" when this was put together.

15p5urn.jpg

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I just remember people would tag it and post it for people that were new here so I gave myself a small welcome.

15p5urn.jpg

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I just remember people would tag it and post it for people that were new here so I gave myself a small welcome.

15p5urn.jpg

ohwell.gif

eek.gif
Is that "Dajoka"? If so, I remember that thread.

15p5urn.jpg

ohwell.gif

eek.gif
Is that "Dajoka"? If so, I remember that thread.

i've been lurking since about '03 and didn't join till '05. method does make a valid argument. maybe we've all just matured and don't take interests in these new posts like before. hell, i've basically grown up on NT...got me through high school AND college. i do agree that there were more quality/funny posts back in the day. the harlem shake story, everyone beasting on Bana (who was one of like 3 girls on here), survival guide to college, and the original confessions posts.

with that said, im still a frequent viewer because NT still entertains me. and it's not like i have anything better to do (damn unemployment
tired.gif
 )

i've been lurking since about '03 and didn't join till '05. method does make a valid argument. maybe we've all just matured and don't take interests in these new posts like before. hell, i've basically grown up on NT...got me through high school AND college. i do agree that there were more quality/funny posts back in the day. the harlem shake story, everyone beasting on Bana (who was one of like 3 girls on here), survival guide to college, and the original confessions posts.

with that said, im still a frequent viewer because NT still entertains me. and it's not like i have anything better to do (damn unemployment
tired.gif
 )

Originally Posted by Manglor

It was different.

Half of us knew each other by name not just screen name.

There was an automatic level of respect knowing you were posting with someone who you would be posting with for awhile.

It wasn't about -look what i have and you dont- like it is now.

It's almost like the difference between fast food and a nice sit down restaurant.

Don't get me wrong i am not complaining or saying it's lame now and was perfect back in the day, it's just different.
Spot on

Originally Posted by Manglor

It was different.

Half of us knew each other by name not just screen name.

There was an automatic level of respect knowing you were posting with someone who you would be posting with for awhile.

It wasn't about -look what i have and you dont- like it is now.

It's almost like the difference between fast food and a nice sit down restaurant.

Don't get me wrong i am not complaining or saying it's lame now and was perfect back in the day, it's just different.
Spot on

I remember bowserella and the "femme fatale crew" - (make em right click save as). I thought those females were the coveted queens of the board.

I remember bowserella and the "femme fatale crew" - (make em right click save as). I thought those females were the coveted queens of the board.

Back
Top Bottom