So People In Japan Attend Concerts That Feature Digital Performers?

Miku Hatsune is 16, has long legs, turquoise hair and attracts thousands of kids at her concerts. And she’s also not real. Her voice is generated by vocal synthesis software and her live performances are the result of 3D projection technology. Is this the future of pop?

Kind of odd to me.

Son...

This is so odd to me. I could somewhat see the appeal though but could never imagine myself attending something like this.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Miku Hatsune is 16, has long legs, turquoise hair and attracts thousands of kids at her concerts. And she’s also not real. Her voice is generated by vocal synthesis software and her live performances are the result of 3D projection technology. Is this the future of pop?

Kind of odd to me.

A lot of things seem odd to you
alien.gif

But at the end of the day, it's the same as people that go to "see" a DJ spin records or play their mixes, whatever. Like EDC, you go for the festivities, the music, the atmosphere.

This kind of stuff is going to become more and more common. Machines/technology taking the place of humans.

UAVs and recon drones are already being employed in war situations. Defense contractors are working on robotic soldiers. And just look at the evolution of technology. In WWII we had some very barebones planes. Now, we have rocket-powered jets with laser-guided missiles.

In Japan they have human-lookalikes that are robots. Just look up "uncanny valley".

In a couple hundred years, don't be surprised if people watch NBA games where the players aren't real, countries use robotic armies to fight over land and humans don't even need to drive themselves anymore.

didn't Gorillaz contemplate a tour like this but ultimately it was aborted due to the cost of the technology at the time?

Originally Posted by xblaze23

didn't Gorillaz contemplate a tour like this but ultimately it was aborted due to the cost of the technology at the time?

I'm surprised it took this long to even be mentioned. 

Where do you think the premise of Simone came from?

You got DOOM sending out impostors for his shows so this don't look half bad.

Originally Posted by megatron

A lot of things seem odd to you
alien.gif

But at the end of the day, it's the same as people that go to "see" a DJ spin records or play their mixes, whatever. Like EDC, you go for the festivities, the music, the atmosphere.
You can tell yourself that it is the same thing if you want. I won't argue with you Calvin.

But the idea of paying concert prices to see a sprite is just funny. I do wonder what those ticket prices look like. So this is the future of Asian-Pop?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Where do you think the premise of Simone came from?

You got DOOM sending out impostors for his shows so this don't look half bad.
laugh.gif
I don't know what either one of those things are.

While I'll admit that it's "different", it's still a concert, and has all the trimmings of a concert performed by a live entertainer, and a good one at that.
The performer is engages the audience, the music is festive, the air is ripe with celebration. What's not to like.

At least with this kind of concert, you know what to expect. No weak *** performance by some egotistical artist. And no delays--barring "technical" difficulties, of course, 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Honestly wouldn't mind attending something like this.

If you've ever watched/indulged in "cartoons", then you shouldn't have an issue with this. It's the same thing, just in a different setting.

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

At least with this kind of concert, you know what to expect. No weak *** performance by some egotistical artist. And no delays--barring "technical" difficulties, of course, 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
If you've ever watched/indulged in "cartoons", then you shouldn't have an issue with this. It's the same thing, just in a different setting.
1. But isn't that part of the rush from a real concert? Not knowing what to expect?

2. Watching cartoons doesn't involve purchasing a ticket though. Same concept but different financial obligation. I see your point though, semi-partially.

While I'll admit that it's "different", it's still a concert, and has all the trimmings of a concert performed by a live entertainer, and a good one at that.
The performer is engages the audience, the music is festive, the air is ripe with celebration. What's not to like.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Honestly wouldn't mind attending something like this.

True but purchasing a ticket and traveling to your local arena/convention center to watch something like this is a fundamental difference.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
1. But isn't that part of the rush from a real concert? Not knowing what to expect?

2. Watching cartoons doesn't involve purchasing a ticket though. Same concept but different financial obligation. I see your point though, semi-partially.

Toy Story, Lion King, etc etc

^ So we can consider watching a screen (movie) the same as seeing a live performance? I thought that was the main difference here.

Back
Top Bottom