So The Dark Knight Wasn't Nominated For Best Picture...............

face82

Banned
The academy announced all of the nominees for the highest awards and The Dark Knight wasn't one of them. Heath Ledger was nominated for best supportingactor which I am happy for. What are your thoughts ?

Best-picture nominees are "Frost/Nixon," "Milk," "The Reader" and "Slumdog Millionaire."

Side note... Congrats to Taraji P. Henson for best supporting actress in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button!!!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

uhhh Might be best suited if you state what was nominated?

Dark Knight was overrated, Ledgers performance was not.

I think Curious Case should take best picture.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

uhhh Might be best suited if you state what was nominated?

Dark Knight was overrated, Ledgers performance was not.

I think Curious Case should take best picture.
Yeah, the guy who played batman wasn't that good IMO. Ledger was the best thing about this movie.

batman wasnt a great movie, it was good, not great....

heaths performance was great..

i woulda been shocked if dark knight was nominated

Oscars are an uptight bunch, they hate blockbusters
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Easily one of the best films in 2008

^co sign

joker was the only reason i sat through that crap, batmans ******ed voice was edging me to leave by itself

Face82 wrote:
The academy announced all of the nominees for the highest awards and The Dark Knight wasn't one of them. Heath Ledger was nominated for best supporting actor which I am happy for. What are your thoughts ?

Best-picture nominees are "Frost/Nixon," "Milk," "The Reader" and "Slumdog Millionaire."

Side note... Congrats to Taraji P. Henson for best supporting actress in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button!!!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kdwallace

Oscars are an uptight bunch, they hate blockbusters imageimage

Didn't Titanic do quite well?
highest grossing movie of all time....

just cause they blockbusters, doesnt mean they are the best picture of the year...

perfect example, dark knight and shrek 2

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

just cause they blockbusters, doesnt mean they are the best picture of the year...

Yeah, but I meant that it did well at the Oscars - didn't it get 11 or something ridiculous? As well as being commercially successful...

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Yeah, but I meant that it did well at the Oscars - didn't it get 11 or something ridiculous? As well as being commercially successful...

yeah, but can we get a least one nod, damn
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I'm not saying it should win but some recognition please
grin.gif

score, something

shouts out to Heath though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tmukg21

yeah, but can we get a least one nod, damn
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I'm not saying it should win but some recognition please
grin.gif

score, something

shouts out to Heath though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I think Best Picture is all about plot and Dark Knight plot-wise wasn't that great. I thought Batman Begins was much better.

i dont care about the Dark Knight as a movie, i just think Heath, aaron eckheart and lastly michael caine should get awards for this movie.

Originally Posted by AirWing03

i dont care about the Dark Knight as a movie, i just think Heath, aaron eckheart and lastly michael caine should get awards for this movie.

They MADE the movie. It wasn't deserving enough to be nominated for best picture.

Unlike the Grammys, for example, you don't get nominated off of how much money you made.

The Academy wouldn't dare tarnish their esteemed reputation by nominating a superhero movie for best picture, even if it does deserve it. Did anyone hereactually watch The Reader, Frost/Nixon, or Milk? They are some of the dullest movies I have ever tried to watch not to mention the fact that none of them areoriginal, they are all based on historical events. My nominees would be Slumdog, Ben Button, Wrestler, Dark Knight, and Tropic Thunder.

Back
Top Bottom