So The Dark Knight Wasn't Nominated For Best Picture...............

In scenes that Joker was not in, the movie was slow and boring. Movie has absolutely no replay value to me. I've seen twice and I don't think i wouldever watch again.

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Originally Posted by kdwallace

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by kdwallace

Oscars are an uptight bunch, they hate blockbusters imageimage

Didn't Titanic do quite well?
highest grossing movie of all time....

just cause they blockbusters, doesnt mean they are the best picture of the year...

perfect example, dark knight and shrek 2
Yeah, but I meant that it did well at the Oscars - didn't it get 11 or something ridiculous? As well as being commercially successful...
yeah, but can we get a least one nod, damn
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I'm not saying it should win but some recognition please
grin.gif

score, something

shouts out to Heath though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What part did you play?

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by AirWing03

i dont care about the Dark Knight as a movie, i just think Heath, aaron eckheart and lastly michael caine should get awards for this movie.

They MADE the movie. It wasn't deserving enough to be nominated for best picture.

Unlike the Grammys, for example, you don't get nominated off of how much money you made.

i think heath ledger took alot of shine away from aaron eckhardt.. thought he was great in this movie..

but yeah, dark knight was a little overrated.

How was Curious Case not nominated? Anyway I think Dark Knight should have been as well. I mean didn't No Country for old men win last year? It was betterthan that. I'll admit there were some things that could have been done better in the movie. But I can't think of another movie after a first viewing Ithought
eek.gif

I remember during the first viewing thinking wow all hope is lost for this town, nothing can be done about the joker. Movie was so dark and so crazy.

Slumdog Millionaire and Milk where both great. I'll be happy if either win. It doesnt matter how much money a movie brings in, look at Will Smith he bringsin the most money of any actor yet he has never won an Oscar... Leo and Kate's performance in Revolutionary Road also deserve commendation.

Dark Knight was definitely a great movie, but I really think it was overrated. I only watched it once, and on DVD. I probably need another watch.

I never watched the other movies so I couldn't judge the other ones.

Originally Posted by jeenewed

Originally Posted by kix4kix

uhhh Might be best suited if you state what was nominated?

Dark Knight was overrated, Ledgers performance was not.

I think Curious Case should take best picture.
Yeah, the guy who played batman wasn't that good IMO. Ledger was the best thing about this movie.

He was a good bruce wayne but a horrible Batman

ive seen all the nominated movies..

slumdog and milk definitely deserve to be up there..

frost/nixon was solid ..

and i dont think the reader should be up there.. kate winslet was great though

Slumdog Millionaire and Milk where both great. I'll be happy if either win. It doesnt matter how much money a movie brings in, look at Will Smith he bringsin the most money of any actor yet he has never won an Oscar... Leo and Kate's performance in Revolutionary Road also deserve commendation.

I wasn't expecting it, but it did deserve the nod IMO. Regardless of what anyone says, its easily my favorite picture from last year [and in years for amatter of fact]. I've never felt the need to watch a movie over an over again like this one. Its not about the hype and fame it received, its just THATgood. Heath's performances was mesmerizing, one of the best I've ever seen and probably my favorite of them all. Bale is by far the greatest Batmanthus far and Aaron Echkhart was powerful as Harvey Dent. The directing, acting, editing, costume designs, writing, sounds, special effects, and music was allvery overwhelming. Everyone worked at their best and it came together so well.

As for the Oscars, they were predictable except for a few surprises and disappointments. The Reader received way too much credit and I was hoping Blanchettreceived a nod.

EDIT: I forgot to add the Leonardo not receiving a nod is one of the biggest disappointment.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by EvansST

save the stoneface son. the truth hurts sometimes...
Give me some reasons why you thought the movie "sucked"...

never said it "sucked". I said Batman Begins was a better movie and I thought Iron Man was a better movie. This whole discussion is about TDK notbeing nominated for best picture. IMO, the academy got it right.
TDK was a good movie, but thought it moved way to slow and it was way too long.
I was far more impressed with Batman Begins when it came out.

-J-

I am disappointed The Dark Knight could not get a nomination for Best Picture, simply because of what it has done as far as redefining an entire genre of movie(Superhero) and the overall quality and commercial success of it. Before Dark Knight, Superhero movies were given a pass for believability and quality ofacting and script. Post Dark Knight, the same old Spiderman/Incredible Hulk crap WILL NOT be acceptable. The pressure is on now for studios to make not onlygood Superhero movies, but good movies, period.

Heath better get some sort of an award. His performance is Top 3 of the year.

What a load of crap. The Dark Knight EASILY deserved at least a nomination for best picture.

These blow hards nominate movies that make 8 bucks in the movie theaters and TDK makes 500+ million and doesn't deserve consideration?
indifferent.gif

That's just stupid. But, I suppose I expected it, they are the same way every year no matter what they stay with movies no one has watched.
smh.gif

I honestly think it shoulda been nominated, not just based on our own opinion, but based on the reviews of critics, as well. I mean, are you serious? 94%rating on Rotten Tomatoes...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JBug88

Originally Posted by EvansST

save the stoneface son. the truth hurts sometimes...
Give me some reasons why you thought the movie "sucked"...

never said it "sucked". I said Batman Begins was a better movie and I thought Iron Man was a better movie. This whole discussion is about TDK not being nominated for best picture. IMO, the academy got it right.
TDK was a good movie, but thought it moved way to slow and it was way too long.
I was far more impressed with Batman Begins when it came out.

-J-

Really?? Batman Begins was good, but it moved pretty slow, same with Iron Man

Yes The Dark Knight was really long... but to me and most people I've talked to it didn't go by slow at all, there was so much going on it did not feellike 2 and a half hours

Back
Top Bottom