So The Dark Knight Wasn't Nominated For Best Picture...............

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Uhh Benjamin Button is nominated for both Best Picture and Best Director. It leads all movies with 13 nominations. OP should change his post.
what?

firstly, its already come a long way to hv a comic movie even mentioned with the oscars, besides visual effects/costume etc.

secondly, TDK wasnt as great of a film as ppl say, i liked it, but not oscar worthy.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Uhh Benjamin Button is nominated for both Best Picture and Best Director. It leads all movies with 13 nominations. OP should change his post.
what?
In the original post it says that only slumdog, frost, milk, and reader are nominated. Benjamin Button is nominated as well.

I'm glad The Dark Knight got more nominations than the Golden Globes, but it didn't even get one for Best Original Score???
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jeenewed

Originally Posted by kix4kix

uhhh Might be best suited if you state what was nominated?

Dark Knight was overrated, Ledgers performance was not.

I think Curious Case should take best picture.
Yeah, the guy who played batman wasn't that good IMO. Ledger was the best thing about this movie.

ledger got a nom for best supporting i thought

people act like the dark knight was like a masterpiece or something.....the movie had major flaws..... one of them being the unnecessary intro of 2-face andhasty resolution of that subplot which just took away from the focus of the movie.... and the stupid silly mind reader machine or whatever it is that morganfreeman used to find the joker..... the movie was a realistic crime thriller until they decided to turn it into a stupid-matrix-sci-fi-horror film in the lastquarter of the movie

the way nolan used Imax cameras were revolutionary, and he wasn;t even nominated for best director....cmon now

the way nolan used Imax cameras were revolutionary, and he wasn;t even nominated for best director....cmon now

Slumdog was good but best movie
grin.gif
doesn't surprise me that dark knight didn't get love...but heath deserved it...gonna watch curious casetonite....props to taraji

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

Take a leak before you go. ^ And enjoy. I really liked Benjamin Button.

Lets hope The Watchmen kills all super hero movies. I'm extremely anxious for it's RD.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

Take a leak before you go. ^ And enjoy. I really liked Benjamin Button.

Lets hope The Watchmen kills all super hero movies. I'm extremely anxious for it's RD.
watchmen looks good, dont think it will be that great...

i think a great super hero movie would be too hard to do

i knew the Dark Knight wasn't going to get any best picture nod, but i was for sure Nolan would have gotten a best director nod...

anyway, Slumdog or Benjamin Button should win best picture, Milk in a distant third.
Danny Boyle should win for director.
Rourke or Penn for best actor with Jenkins and Langella closing in. Pitt won't win this year.
I think it's gonna be Kate Winslet's year but i wouldn't be surprise at Hathaway winning.
Heath and Taraji should both win the supporting categories.
Wall-E is a lock for best animated.
i haven't seen the other foreign language films, but i highly recommend Waltz with Bashir.

this past year was a good year for movies. i hope 2009 won't disappoint.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

uhhh Might be best suited if you state what was nominated?

Dark Knight was overrated, Ledgers performance was not.

I think Curious Case should take best picture.
qft

This didn't need to be nominated for best picture.

Glad Heath is so greatly acknowledged for his performance.

Just wish Nolan could have gotten a nod for best director.

only a moron would expect dark knight to get an oscar nom for best picture. I'm fed up with the academy though for movies it has shunned the past fewyears.

Back
Top Bottom