So, What's Going on with Mike Conley?

15.6ppg, 7.1apg, 3.1rpg, 2.1spg, 47% FG

In the month of December, he's averaging 18, 9 and 3.
I never seen a guy get bashed as much as he did after getting that contract extension. He's probably been the most consistent Grizz player this season outside of Rudy. When guys get paid, people will bash them, but like I said I figured these two would shut most people up.
For the most part, he didn't DESERVE it, but he's now getting paid for how he will produce from here on out. It might end up being a steal 2 years from now. Yes, you can rate Conley somewhere between or behind 2/3rd tier PG's like Nelson, Mo Williams, Harris, Felton, etc., but those guys will stay the way they are. 

Those guys are in their prime and Conley is just 23 years old and can end up being scary good at this rate. I always seen him very similar to Tony Parker and he could end up being that good. The thing is that he can actually shoot the 3. Him and Parker started their careers very similar in terms of progression as well.

15.6ppg, 7.1apg, 3.1rpg, 2.1spg, 47% FG

In the month of December, he's averaging 18, 9 and 3.
I never seen a guy get bashed as much as he did after getting that contract extension. He's probably been the most consistent Grizz player this season outside of Rudy. When guys get paid, people will bash them, but like I said I figured these two would shut most people up.
For the most part, he didn't DESERVE it, but he's now getting paid for how he will produce from here on out. It might end up being a steal 2 years from now. Yes, you can rate Conley somewhere between or behind 2/3rd tier PG's like Nelson, Mo Williams, Harris, Felton, etc., but those guys will stay the way they are. 

Those guys are in their prime and Conley is just 23 years old and can end up being scary good at this rate. I always seen him very similar to Tony Parker and he could end up being that good. The thing is that he can actually shoot the 3. Him and Parker started their careers very similar in terms of progression as well.

He gets to dominate the ball with little to no consequence.

But yeah, he's playing well.

Originally Posted by PMatic

I don't see what's wrong with that. He's the PG and it works now with OJ not beside him. It was either him or OJ that had to dominant the ball and with Conley's quickness and ability to get to the rim, Hollins decided to go with him.
He's still learning though. At times he can hold the ball a little too long and won't always find the right man, but all that will improve within' time I'm sure.

He doesn't back down from the opposing team PG either. His defense is pretty good and wouldn't look as bad if he had someone at PF that could rotate quickly on screens and help from the weak side. But, we got Zbo. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

I don't see what's wrong with that. He's the PG and it works now with OJ not beside him. It was either him or OJ that had to dominant the ball and with Conley's quickness and ability to get to the rim, Hollins decided to go with him.
He's still learning though. At times he can hold the ball a little too long and won't always find the right man, but all that will improve within' time I'm sure.

He doesn't back down from the opposing team PG either. His defense is pretty good and wouldn't look as bad if he had someone at PF that could rotate quickly on screens and help from the weak side. But, we got Zbo. 
laugh.gif

He was the top PG taken and 4th pick overall in his draft class... So wake me up when hes actually doing something out of the ordinary.

He was the top PG taken and 4th pick overall in his draft class... So wake me up when hes actually doing something out of the ordinary.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

He's not getting paid like the 4th overall pick, so that doesn't even matter. 
That also doesn't mean he won't start playing at a top 5 pick level. He's just 23 yrs old. Also, with this CURRENT team he won't average no more than about 8 assists anyway because of the amount of isolations and ball pounding in the post we do. All will come soon enough though.
And Pro, they got one about Amare. 
laugh.gif
 I rarely make threads, but thought he should be recognized just like he was when he got his extension and people went crazy.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

He's not getting paid like the 4th overall pick, so that doesn't even matter. 
That also doesn't mean he won't start playing at a top 5 pick level. He's just 23 yrs old. Also, with this CURRENT team he won't average no more than about 8 assists anyway because of the amount of isolations and ball pounding in the post we do. All will come soon enough though.
And Pro, they got one about Amare. 
laugh.gif
 I rarely make threads, but thought he should be recognized just like he was when he got his extension and people went crazy.

He's actually putting up the numbers close to projected.

Ballin for my Fantasy team too.

He's actually putting up the numbers close to projected.

Ballin for my Fantasy team too.

Originally Posted by Proshares

If you get to make threads like this, I'm gonna do one for Amare every week
laugh.gif
I'm boutta make a Matt Barnes one.....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

If you get to make threads like this, I'm gonna do one for Amare every week
laugh.gif
I'm boutta make a Matt Barnes one.....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

When i read the title, i knew BHZ made this 

roll.gif

I personally don't see him stepping it up to a star player like some of the names listed... It's just the situation he's in right now that's making him look good.

Originally Posted by BangDak

When i read the title, i knew BHZ made this 

roll.gif

I personally don't see him stepping it up to a star player like some of the names listed... It's just the situation he's in right now that's making him look good.

Back
Top Bottom